U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 04:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
But, it evolved -

Often, original definitions change -
I don't doubt that when La Raza was first formed, the group was very different from what it is today. Likewise with Lulac. It is not uncommon for a group to be 'hijacked' by people who's goals are very different from those of the initial founders.

edit: La Raza (NCLR) was formed in 1968, Lulac in 1927.

Last edited by andreabeth; 12-14-2007 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 04:37 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Haha, sounds like a bunch of looney tunes type stuff to me.
Touche, so does Scientology. But the term in fact originated from that. People are taking it way out of context with this poster, this poster is racist because a lot of Mexicans are White from mostly Spanish descent:

History shows Zapata could of been from African/Indigenous descent as well as the Olmec people on the poster.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I don't doubt that when La Raza was first formed, the group was very different from what it is today. Likewise with Lulac. It is not uncommon for a group to be 'hijacked' by people who's goals are very different from those of the initial founders.
Ones actions need not be generalized and blamed on the entire group.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Look, your illegal amigos blew it and blew it big time. You have no idea as to just how angry these antics have made alot of US citizens.A picture is worth a thousand words and these are some damn ugly pictures.

You know these people make me feel angry, it took me awhile to understand it, but every day I feel more sympathetic to people affected by illegal immigration and angrier towards these kind of vandals. I still feel sympathetic for some illegal immigrants like the sir who stayed to take care of the boy, but these ones are just a bunch of guys who feel powerful because they gather together great numbers and think they are over everything, makes me feel sick, they are cowards!

These aren't Mexicans! or at least shouldn't deserve to be they are just a bunch of ignorant people with hatred in their hearts

Old 12-14-2007, 06:09 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
You know these people make me feel angry, it took me awhile to understand it, but every day I feel more sympathetic to people affected by illegal immigration and angrier towards these kind of vandals. I still feel sympathetic for some illegal immigrants like the sir who stayed to take care of the boy, but these ones are just a bunch of guys who feel powerful because they gather together great numbers and think they are over everything, makes me feel sick, they are cowards!

These aren't Mexicans! or at least shouldn't deserve to be they are just a bunch of ignorant people with hatred in their hearts
On a personal level, I just want to thank you for being open minded. So many folk who are pro-illegal immigration are not. They don't understand what many of us have been subjected to.

I wish more people had your same mindset.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:01 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
I have noticed that many of the real Mexicans* tend not to be as 'pro illegal' as some Americans of any heritage.

*Citizens of Mexico.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have noticed that many of the real Mexicans* tend not to be as 'pro illegal' as some Americans of any heritage.

*Citizens of Mexico.

A good example would be that of Elvira Arellano -- where are the protests she planned to organize in Mexico of her deportation? She received so much attention here -- but back home in Mexico does anyone really care what she's stomping around about?

Old 12-15-2007, 02:42 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
On a personal level, I just want to thank you for being open minded. So many folk who are pro-illegal immigration are not. They don't understand what many of us have been subjected to.

It would be totally unwise not to see the nasty consequences of these groups of cowards that use their numbers to commit abuses and violent acts

Quote:

*Citizens of Mexico.
Yes because it is us who have to undergo through an everyday harder process to applying for a tourist visa if we want to visit the USA, and people here are very annoyed of the bad image mexico is giving because of illegal immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A good example would be that of Elvira Arellano -- where are the protests she planned to organize in Mexico of her deportation? She received so much attention here -- but back home in Mexico does anyone really care what she's stomping around about?
The only thing that she has been able to do so far is to annoy and reduce her support base

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-15-2007 at 03:30 AM..

Old 12-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:

*Citizens of Mexico.
I beg to differ, I get quite the opposite of response considering I have family in Mexico.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:29 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Traveling fella is a special person, and I mean that with all sincerity Tf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration