U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,464 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
See, now this is getting to the point of annoyance. Are you referring to "La Raza", the term used by chicanos to reference Mexican people or the organization?

People, lets try to read the OP thoroughly before making comments.
Don't worry because those of us who speak Spanish know exactly what La Raza means and what they are all about, especially those of us who happen to have Americans of Mexican descent in their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
You are right. It is also a shame that the KKK and other groups have denagrated the Stars and Bars and other Confederate flags too.
Yeah, all for ignorance's sake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Don't worry because those of us who speak Spanish know exactly what La Raza means and what they are all about, especially those of us who happen to have Americans of Mexican descent in their families.
And your the one calling me a 'Child', while you can't grasp simple information such as this? I speak Spanish, my parents are Mexican. La Raza literally means the race which is interpreted as community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,464 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Yeah, all for ignorance's sake!
Yes, and that is what bothers many of us, the fact that there are gullible people who fall for the fake lies that the La Raza feed young people when they are truly all about race and bigotry and getting rid of the white people of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,464 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
And your the one calling me a 'Child', while you can't grasp simple information such as this? I speak Spanish, my parents are Mexican. La Raza literally means the race which is interpreted as community.
Race does not mean community and of course all thinking people know what La Raza is all about. Go ahead and live in that fantasy world. Must be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Race does not mean community and of course all thinking people know what La Raza is all about. Go ahead and live in that fantasy world. Must be nice.
Ozark, with all respect in a kind way I tell you that in Mexico, in some states, la raza is like the gang.

E.G.

let's go the whole gang together to the game!!
let's go la raza to the game

but in the usa it has darker connotations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Race does not mean community and of course all thinking people know what La Raza is all about. Go ahead and live in that fantasy world. Must be nice.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! LA RAZA LITERALLY MEANS "THE RACE" IN SPANISH. IS IT REFERRING TO THE MEXICAN RACE? NO!! AMERINDIAN/ EUROPEAN IS NOT A RACE!!

People of the forum, if there is another way that I may approach this from a different angle to explain it to this person, please don't hesitate to pm me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,464 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Ozark, with all respect in a kind way I tell you that in Mexico, in some states, la raza is like the gang.

E.G.

let's go the whole gang together to the game!!
let's go la raza to the game

but in the usa it has darker connotations
Yes, it does but that is not the way it is used in this country and of course you know that or you would not be embarrased by them. Mecha used to be for the good of Chicanos also but of course has turned into another racist and bigoted organization for Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,464 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! LA RAZA LITERALLY MEANS "THE RACE" IN SPANISH. IS IT REFERRING TO THE MEXICAN RACE? NO!! AMERINDIAN/ EUROPEAN IS NOT A RACE!!

People of the forum, if there is another way that I may approach this from a different angle to explain it to this person, please don't hesitate to pm me.
Mexican is not a race child. But Mexicans tend to look at race about everything. Why? Because the whole of Mexico is racist and bigoted. The elites of Mexico hate the Indian and Mestizo and because of that the Mestizos, the majority of the illegal aliens in our country, hate the whites and all that our country used to stand for, all because they have been dissed by their own countrymen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! LA RAZA LITERALLY MEANS "THE RACE" IN SPANISH. IS IT REFERRING TO THE MEXICAN RACE? NO!! AMERINDIAN/ EUROPEAN IS NOT A RACE!!

People of the forum, if there is another way that I may approach this from a different angle to explain it to this person, please don't hesitate to pm me.
As a rule of thumb, if someone on this forum talks about La Raza you should be safe in assuming they are referring to the group La Raza (NCLR).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top