Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:21 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

In North Carolina, the license design calls for a dark pink stripe across the front and the words "No Lawful Status" in red. In Alabama, officials said the licenses will be marked "FN" for Foreign National.

Immigrant rights groups have complained loudly about the distinctions, calling them unfair and saying that they could invite discrimination.

U.S. rejects California driver licenses for undocumented immigrants

Illegal aliens: if you fools are so worried about being "hassled" by the cops; what you need to do is go HOME and apply to come to the US legally. Sheesh!

Tho DHS should DEMAND that all DL's for illegal aliens say "Illegal Alien" on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 09:08 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Invites discrimination? Why shouldn't illegal aliens be discriminated against? They are here in violation of our immigration laws. What these advocates are worried about is that a DL that identifies them that way will lead to deportation. Aw shucks, our immigration laws might be enforced. How awful.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:25 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
In North Carolina, the license design calls for a dark pink stripe across the front and the words "No Lawful Status" in red. In Alabama, officials said the licenses will be marked "FN" for Foreign National.

Immigrant rights groups have complained loudly about the distinctions, calling them unfair and saying that they could invite discrimination.

Illegal aliens: if you fools are so worried about being "hassled" by the cops; what you need to do is go HOME and apply to come to the US legally. Sheesh!

Tho DHS should DEMAND that all DL's for illegal aliens say "Illegal Alien" on them.
Thank God, there is some Federal Officials that do their job.!

Old 05-08-2014, 11:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:

It's totally FAIR. For some of US our driver license is our proof of citizenship.
Not everyone walks around with a US passport.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:17 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's totally FAIR. For some of US our driver license is our proof of citizenship.
Not everyone walks around with a US passport.
Does anyone? I have a US Passport but don't keep it in my pocket when I'm walking around. I always have my TX drivers license, which is in a format issued only to US citizens (and which are only issued to citizens and legal residents anyway).

Old 05-08-2014, 05:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
I'm really starting to think illegal aliens have been "played for fools" and they ain't getting any sort of real amnesty, just empty promises.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:17 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
I'm really starting to think illegal aliens have been "played for fools" and they ain't getting any sort of real amnesty, just empty promises.
I hope that you're right, Packard fan.

In addition, I hope that we make life so hard for them here that they up and leave.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:07 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Actually, it is their citizen advocates that have been played for fools. They thought they could blackmail our politicians into passing an amnesty in exchange for their votes. Didn't happen, did it?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
What i don't understand is how illegals can get a DL in the first place. No papers no DL period.....

Old 05-08-2014, 09:03 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
This is what happens when you give an inch. It'll never be enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration