U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:31 AM

741 posts, read 615,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I say round them up and deport all of them with their illegal kids and their anchor babies....
Yes, all 40-60 million of them (if you believe the screwball estimates), round 'em up. Line 'em up. March 'em back to Mexico from all over Mexico. We can recreate 'death marches' using historical events as a model. Then we can all line the streets singing "God Bless America" as they drop .. one at a time. Children first. Why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Holder needs to back up his words with some money to the border states to help fund educating them.
Their parents don't make much money and don't own homes to pay property taxes which fund the schools.

If you are going to make states do this then at least give them money so they can without impacting the citizens who also send their children to these schools.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 AM

Unfortunately, the Federal government requires states to do things ... and doesn't provide the funds, and the states are required to pay for such initiatives/orders themselves. It's a long-standing complaint from many, probably all or mostly all, states.

Renters, though, do pay property taxes. Not directly, and they don't get a deduction on their tax returns for doing so. Landlords build-in the real estate taxes into the monthly rent payments. For the most part, income property owners pay no property taxes. The tenants pay. And in states where property taxes are a primary source of funding for schools ... the renters ... throughout the USA, do contribute their fair ... and often unfair share.

Stepping away from the illegal v. legal arguments for a moment: illegal aliens do pay a lot of taxes into government coffers. Sales taxes. Social Security taxes for which they'll probably never see a benefit, the various use taxes, and, indirectly ... the real estate taxes.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Unfortunately, the Federal government requires states to do things ... and doesn't provide the funds, and the states are required to pay for such initiatives/orders themselves. It's a long-standing complaint from many, probably all or mostly all, states.

Renters, though, do pay property taxes. Not directly, and they don't get a deduction on their tax returns for doing so. Landlords build-in the real estate taxes into the monthly rent payments. For the most part, income property owners pay no property taxes. The tenants pay. And in states where property taxes are a primary source of funding for schools ... the renters ... throughout the USA, do contribute their fair ... and often unfair share.

Stepping away from the illegal v. legal arguments for a moment: illegal aliens do pay a lot of taxes into government coffers. Sales taxes. Social Security taxes for which they'll probably never see a benefit, the various use taxes, and, indirectly ... the real estate taxes.
Well poor rural towns don't have high priced rentals.
They have a lot of Section 8, HUD and trailer parks.
Rural means a very small city limit and once outside that one can rent a single wide on land for $500 or so a month. That doesn't bring in a lot of property tax.

In one school lunch starts at 10:00am because of the sheer number of students and lack of space.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:31 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,435,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Laws don't seem to matter to you or ILLEGALS being that they are breaking OUR laws by coming here ILLEGAL!

I say round them up and deport all of them with their illegal kids and their anchor babies....
I'm sure the pols and meat packing plants are reading your posts for advice.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm sure the pols and meat packing plants are reading your posts for advice.
Sanderson Farms (chicken) has a plant a few towns over.
Been raided several times over the years.
They pay their fine and go back to BAU.
The locals used to work there for decent money but it seems the plant prefers other workers instead.

Sanderson gets cheap labor and the government gets their kickback money.
Everyone is happy.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:27 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Yes, all 40-60 million of them (if you believe the screwball estimates), round 'em up. Line 'em up. March 'em back to Mexico from all over Mexico. We can recreate 'death marches' using historical events as a model. Then we can all line the streets singing "God Bless America" as they drop .. one at a time. Children first. Why not?
First of off most of us have reiterated to you and others in here over and over that it isn't necessary to "round em all up". Self-deportation is a better plan. Your attempt however to make the enforcement of our immigration laws as being something evil is beyond comprehension. What is evil is though is foreigners breaking our immigration laws, stealing jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. I note how the defenders of illegal aliens make them the victims in all of this instead of our own citizens. Why is that?

And in response to one of your other posts illegal aliens do not pay in enough taxes overall to cover their social costs.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 PM

[quote=Oldglory;34976574]First of off most of us have reiterated to you and others in here over and over that it isn't necessary to "round em all up".

Please pay attention to the discussion ... such as the remarks to which I most recently responded, those @#69.

Quote:
Self-deportation is a better plan.
Nobody is serously suggesting such a massive self-deportation is possible. Nobody in their right mind, that is.

Quote:
Your attempt however to make the enforcement of our immigration laws as being something evil is beyond comprehension.
What I think is "beyond comprehension" is your rigid ... my way or the highway ... attitude. I'm left with the impression that a resolution if the problem is not what you're interested in. Rather, allowing the problem to continue gives reason to complain. Nothing more. All I can do is read your words, not your mind.

Quote:
I note how the defenders of illegal aliens make them the victims in all of this instead of our own citizens. Why is that?
Not being someone who labels illegal aliens as "victims in all of this" (whatever "this" is supposed to mean), I can't answer your question. I'm a Christian, however ... and I, and other Christians really don't have to explain to one another what we believe or how we treat our fellow man ... or why. We respond naturally, hoping to do so as Jesus Christ would do.

Quote:
And in response to one of your other posts illegal aliens do not pay in enough taxes overall to cover their social costs.
Please pay attention to the discussion. My response was in response to a comment someone else made and doesn't say what you suggest. You cannot deny that people who rent reimburse landlords for property taxes. You cannot deny that all consumers pay sales taxes and that those sales and also use taxes are used by various government units for all sorts of things.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:51 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
[quote=Longford;34978244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First of off most of us have reiterated to you and others in here over and over that it isn't necessary to "round em all up".

Please pay attention to the discussion ... such as the remarks to which I most recently responded, those @#69.

Nobody is serously suggesting such a massive self-deportation is possible. Nobody in their right mind, that is.

What I think is "beyond comprehension" is your rigid ... my way or the highway ... attitude. I'm left with the impression that a resolution if the problem is not what you're interested in. Rather, allowing the problem to continue gives reason to complain. Nothing more. All I can do is read your words, not your mind.

Not being someone who labels illegal aliens as "victims in all of this" (whatever "this" is supposed to mean), I can't answer your question. I'm a Christian, however ... and I, and other Christians really don't have to explain to one another what we believe or how we treat our fellow man ... or why. We respond naturally, hoping to do so as Jesus Christ would do.

Please pay attention to the discussion. My response was in response to a comment someone else made and doesn't say what you suggest. You cannot deny that people who rent reimburse landlords for property taxes. You cannot deny that all consumers pay sales taxes and that those sales and also use taxes are used by various government units for all sorts of things.
I read every post so I am paying attention to the discussion. As I said, most of us are for self-deportations.

Are you suggesting that if we removed all the incentives for them to remain here they would still stay? I thought they were here to work and provide for their families. Is that not true then?

It has nothing to do with "my way or the highway". Our laws state they should be deported, period. What's rigid about enforcing our immigration laws and not rewarding those who break them?

If you are truly a Christian you wouldn't want to reward criminals and make American families suffer. Our laws are based on protecting the innocent. I am sure Jesus would approve of that.

Again, illegal aliens do not pay in enough of any taxes to cover their social costs.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:32 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
Here's the problem many are missing: Many illegals don't make enough (or are abusing the system)to pay taxes so guess what happens? American citizens see their taxes raised to pay for these kids? is it fair? I don't think so, which is why we need to seriously start deporting people who are a drain on society that is here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or