U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 03:47 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times

Advertisements

Not being someone who labels illegal aliens as "victims in all of this" (whatever "this" is supposed to mean), I can't answer your question. I'm a Christian, however ... and I, and other Christians really don't have to explain to one another what we believe or how we treat our fellow man ... or why. We respond naturally, hoping to do so as Jesus Christ would do.
---------------------
Longford:

You say you're a Christian. If so, then you should know that Jesus expected his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his. Illegals certainly do neither of these things.

You, I'm sure, have also heard that old saying "Charity starts at home." This means that we take care of our own first and foremost. With millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans citizens, that's where our resources need to go. We, as a nation, owe illegal aliens absolutely nothing.

However, since you say that you are a Christian, then move several illegal aliens into your home. Feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care. Given them your SSN so that they can find a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 03:47 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Here's the problem many are missing: Many illegals don't make enough (or are abusing the system)to pay taxes so guess what happens? American citizens see their taxes raised to pay for these kids? is it fair? I don't think so, which is why we need to seriously start deporting people who are a drain on society that is here illegally.
Some or many of them aren't even paying income taxes because they are working off the books. Then they give birth on our soil and tap into our welfare coffers. If they weren't here illegally in the first place that wouldn't be happening. That's one of the reasons why birthright citizenship needs to be re-visited by the Supreme Court and/or require that at least one parent be a citizen of this country.

Many of those who do pay income taxes that have several dependents get it all back in for the form of a refund and many times they get back more than they paid in. It is costing us billions.

I can't imagine why any loyal American is ok with any of this and isn't outraged instead. Granting them amnesty will just allow them to continue to compete for jobs against Americans at a lower rate of pay and their rate of pay will still be low enough where they need government subsidies to survive.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
LMAO...the irony. Do you believe illegals think the laws matter?

Anyway, I do agree that public schools should enroll illegal children since SCOTUS has ruled to that effect. However, I would like to see the opinion reversed.

There's no reason, BTW, that schools couldn't report the children and their parents if they know they're illegal when they're enrolled. Then they could be deported as it is not legal for them to be in the country (speaking of laws).
Illegal aliens, who have no business being in this country, get to enroll their kids in public schools. The school where their kids get enrolled in is the one in the school district where the illegals happen to be squatting.

Meanwhile, those who are here with an F-1 visa and want to go to a public school, are required to pay tuition.

Also, heaven forbid an American attempts to enroll his/her child in a different school district than the one they live in! Doing so, gets them in trouble with the law!

Old 05-27-2014, 03:57 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,856,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Some or many of them aren't even paying income taxes because they are working off the books. Then they give birth on our soil and tap into our welfare coffers. If they weren't here illegally in the first place that wouldn't be happening. That's one of the reasons why birthright citizenship needs to be re-visited by the Supreme Court and/or require that at least one parent be a citizen of this country.

Many of those who do pay income taxes that have several dependents get it all back in for the form of a refund and many times they get back more than they paid in. It is costing us billions.

I can't imagine why any loyal American is ok with any of this and isn't outraged instead. Granting them amnesty will just allow them to continue to compete for jobs against Americans at a lower rate of pay and their rate of pay will still be low enough where they need government subsidies to survive.
Exactly. According to studies I've read a huge majority of illegals are on some sort of assistance. In Illinois (and other states)we have a program for women about to give birth that pays all her medical and food and everything else. On their website it states "regardless of immigration status". Need I mention Illinois is becoming a state with many on assistance? Birthright was never intended for this, it was to make sure freed slaves and their kids were considered Americans and there is a big difference between being brought over here against one's will (slavery)versus crossing the border illegally.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 AM

741 posts, read 615,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
However, since you say that you are a Christian, then move several illegal aliens into your home. Feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care. Given them your SSN so that they can find a job.
I'll pray that GOD gives you strength ... to treat your fellow man in accordance with not only the "Golden Rule", but more importantly ... to understand the meaning of the 10 Commandments.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
I'll pray that GOD gives you strength ... to treat your fellow man in accordance with not only the "Golden Rule", but more importantly ... to understand the meaning of the 10 Commandments.
Ah, but I do follow the Golden Rule. It's too bad that illegal aliens don't do so. Illegal aliens routinely break the 10 commandments. The fact that the don't follow the Golden Rule and routinely break the 10 commandments, doesn't bother you? Or do you hold illegal aliens to a different standard?

Are you going to move some illegal aliens into your home? Otherwise, you are just deflecting.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:35 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
This thread is on a very good way to getting closed. Continue with the petty personal remarks and it will.
Yac.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Yes, I pray that my fellow man/citizen will start being treated humanely by the powers that be by finally enforcing our immigration laws so they will no longer have to suffer from higher taxes, overcrowded schools and hospitals, ID theft, lowered wages and high unemployment compliments of the illegal aliens in our presence. I pray that illegals aliens will start obeying God's commandments and follow the Golden Rule which in part means stop taking from others that doesn't belong to them and breaking many of his commandments for self gain.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:29 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
“We continued to hear troubling reports of actions -- being taken by school districts around the country -- that have a chilling effect on student enrollment, raising barriers for undocumented children and children from immigrant families to receives the public education to which they are entitled,” Holder said.

Holder Warns Public Schools Against Rejecting Immigrants - Bloomberg

I thought illegal aliens ain't allowed in the US tho Holder and his boys have me scratching my head.
Maybe Holder spoke out in light of this chilling report. This new wave though are not from Mexico but from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

Texas is also starting to see more Mexicans who don't speak Spanish..indigenous languages instead.

Children swarming southern border prove a test to Obama's immigration policy - Washington Times
Children traveling without their families, including an “overwhelming” number younger than 12, are flooding across the southwestern border in the latest test of the Obama administration’s immigration policy.

Homeland Security Officials predict that 60,000 minors will cross the border this year and that the number will double next year, accounting for an astonishing percentage of people trying to jump the border — braving the tremendous perils of crossing Mexico and trying to evade border authorities, hoping to eventually connect with family in the U.S.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe Holder spoke out in light of this chilling report. This new wave though are not from Mexico but from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

Texas is also starting to see more Mexicans who don't speak Spanish..indigenous languages instead.

Children swarming southern border prove a test to Obama's immigration policy - Washington Times
Children traveling without their families, including an “overwhelming” number younger than 12, are flooding across the southwestern border in the latest test of the Obama administration’s immigration policy.

Homeland Security Officials predict that 60,000 minors will cross the border this year and that the number will double next year, accounting for an astonishing percentage of people trying to jump the border — braving the tremendous perils of crossing Mexico and trying to evade border authorities, hoping to eventually connect with family in the U.S.
My God, when will this tidal wave of illegal foreingers end? Will it be when we are completely broke and reduced to a Third World status? It's unbelievable to me that we fought so many wars to keep our nation safe and free and yet our government doesn't give a damn about our own borders. I'm glad that I won't be around to see the final nail in the coffin. It pains me though to think about what kind of future my grandkids and great grandkids will have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or