Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

“We continued to hear troubling reports of actions -- being taken by school districts around the country -- that have a chilling effect on student enrollment, raising barriers for undocumented children and children from immigrant families to receives the public education to which they are entitled,” Holder said.

Holder Warns Public Schools Against Rejecting Immigrants - Bloomberg

I thought illegal aliens ain't allowed in the US tho Holder and his boys have me scratching my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 09:02 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
What's really galling is that illegal alien parents can just show up at the local public school with their kids and enroll them, no questions asked. Sure, some places ask to see proof of local residence but you can bet if the illegal doesn't have anything, it will be waived.

Contrast that to when our daughter enrolled her kids in school. She was told that they wouldn't be allowed to enroll and attend school until she brought their birth certificates to the school office!

Old 05-09-2014, 12:22 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
“We continued to hear troubling reports of actions -- being taken by school districts around the country -- that have a chilling effect on student enrollment, raising barriers for undocumented children and children from immigrant families to receives the public education to which they are entitled,” Holder said.

I thought illegal aliens ain't allowed in the US tho Holder and his boys have me scratching my head.
It's right here in the article" Citing a 1982 Supreme Court ruling and federal law, the guidance letter and a fact sheet inform school officials that they may not prevent children from enrolling if they lack a birth certificate or Social Security number. Schools also may not bar a child from enrolling if a parent declines to provide the child’s race or ethnicity on forms, the documents say."

It's federal law, like it or not. Where I am, Texas, we have tons of Hispanic kids who enroll. They only need to prove that they live in the district. I had my child in the district for several years. Had to prove that she lived where she did, did not have to provide a social if I didn't want to.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:28 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What's really galling is that illegal alien parents can just show up at the local public school with their kids and enroll them, no questions asked. Sure, some places ask to see proof of local residence but you can bet if the illegal doesn't have anything, it will be waived.

Contrast that to when our daughter enrolled her kids in school. She was told that they wouldn't be allowed to enroll and attend school until she brought their birth certificates to the school office!
No, they are strict about proving residence. Have to have proof through an electricity bill or something similar. People still lie, though. But illegal kids are still allowed to attend our schools. You don't have to lie about that.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:02 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

Rejecting "immigrants"? It's hard to believe that even our public officials are resorting to incorrect PC language when referring to illegal aliens.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:54 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:

This is one of many ways they are anchoring themselves here. If we talk about immigration reform the bill should have this.

1. Stop educating illegals
2. End automatic citizenship of kids from illegals.
3. Make English the official language.
4. Make E verify mandatory for all business.
5. Fine violator's heavy.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:19 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:

Just more proof positive of this administrations agenda to allow illegals to do what ever they want.

Additionally, another example of Holder threatening US citizens to attempt to bend them to his will.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Children are supposed to have to have their vaccination records up to date before they can attend school. How is a child, here illegally, going to have an up to date vaccination record?

Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM

741 posts, read 764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It's federal law, like it or not.
Let's not confuse folks ... with facts. It's easier to make unwarranted accusations against " ... Holder and his boys ..."

Old 05-09-2014, 12:09 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Let's not confuse folks ... with facts. It's easier to make unwarranted accusations against " ... Holder and his boys ..."
Considering the track record of "Holder and his boys" as to enforcing all the laws, what is confusing? They enforce that which benefits them the most, spinning the rest and misapplying interpretations of these laws to suit their own purposes. Do you really not see this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration