Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:58 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times

Advertisements

The illegal worker has no allegiance or respect for the US, they're loyal to another country altogether, so I can understand why they would come here to take all they can. What I CANT understand is why Americans would hire them at the expense of their fellow citizens. If no one hired them, wouldn't they just all go home????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
I blame them both. And why would they hire them? All mighty dollar, for many it is more important than America and her citizens. Many just dont care what they are doing to Us and America. Their boats and fancy homes and cars are far more important.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I blame them both. And why would they hire them? All mighty dollar, for many it is more important than America and her citizens. Many just dont care what they are doing to Us and America. Their boats and fancy homes and cars are far more important.
Exactly. And what about our government? Why do they not enforce laws against EMPLOYING people illegally? Why are roofing company, restaurant, landscape OWNERS not being prosecuted for hiring illegal workers? The people here illegally are small potatoes. I think if the rules were really enforced, things would change.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Exactly. And what about our government? Why do they not enforce laws against EMPLOYING people illegally? Why are roofing company, restaurant, landscape OWNERS not being prosecuted for hiring illegal workers? The people here illegally are small potatoes. I think if the rules were really enforced, things would change.
Since they are 'small potatoes' there should not be any problem with deporting them. And if they aren't here anymore, than unscrupulous employers will not be able to hire them. Problem solved.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I blame the employers. They should be fined to the max and forced to pay back the taxpayers for all the free health care, free education, criminal problems their cheap workers caused.

Too long they've been reaping the profits by paying low wages and providing no health insurance. Maybe they can cut back some of the CEOs bonuses. The lazy yuppies may find they can pay decent wages for their servant help if they find themselves paying some steep fines.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
The government bows to special interest groups and they are also members of the" I care more for my bank account than America group"

Old 12-14-2007, 04:13 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
None can be blamed. I blame the Government for not enforcing its laws.

I don't blame the employer because if the person offers a valid SS # the employer can't know if the person is illegal or not.

Blame the illegal for what? getting a job? Punishing someone for getting a job? wtf?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Since they are 'small potatoes' there should not be any problem with deporting them. And if they aren't here anymore, than unscrupulous employers will not be able to hire them. Problem solved.
If there were no jobs, no one could come. If no one hired them, they would go home. Problem solved. Isn't it obvious? These are our FELLOW citizens who are scre&&ing us over for their own personal gain?? HELLO.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:15 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

You call deporting millions of people a 'small potato?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 PM

[quote=ProLogic;2255449]None can be blamed. I blame the Government for not enforcing its laws.

I don't blame the employer because if the person offers a valid SS # the employer can't know if the person is illegal or not.

Blame the illegal for what? getting a job? Punishing someone for getting a job? wtf?[/QUOT

Odd, isn't it, that our government, as well funded as it is that it can hold hearings about BASEBALL (that's the WTF issue!) can't have a system in place to check on the veracity of SSN. Odd, that an employer doesn't have to do more due dilligence to check on an employee's work status. Odd that someone wouldn't look for a job in their own country...or overthrow the disgustingly corrupt government many of their countries have. A model for ours??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration