U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 AM

1,252 posts, read 726,112 times

Advertisements

Actually, this defender of the angry citizen is polling at one percent.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/polls/t...terstitialskip

Just where he's always been, right near the bottom.

(even Gravel outpolled him on a few weeks)

Who's up? Who seems to be gaining traction?

Gee, it's someone calling for reasonable comprehensive immigration reform.

Trouble is that's McCain, Huckabee and Giuliani....

Maybe Fred Thompson will save the day, ....nah, he's losing traction.

Guess some of those single digit frontrunners like Paul, or Hunter......

....., huh?, oh, .....nevermind.

Maybe Newt Gingrich should reprise his immigration reform and run?

Oh, that's right, ...the Contract with America didn't even mention immigration.

Too bad Bush can't run again, he was a real immigration reformer, well liked for all his can-do attitude and real effective with his rubber stamp Congress ...they really tackled the issue, eh?

So who got all those serious immigration concern votes in the last decade or so?

How effective was that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 PM

I see the latest poll in New Hampshire has Tancredo still at 1%......

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/

Old 12-13-2007, 07:16 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Thats because most people are sheep and follow the media and these nonsense polls ( gee they have never talked to anyone I have ever known or met). Cant seem to think for themselves, lucky for me I do.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,128 times
Beware of media on candidates, constantly trying to sway us to their beliefs. Remember the Presidential election when all the polls said John Kerry was the winner by a large margin, but he didn't win did he.

Instead of media, I think it's good to get the word out to check out the hard working aniti-illegal immigration organizations like NumbersUSA and The Border Control to see candidates true views gathered from their interviews, actions, etc.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I think it's good to get the word out to check out the hard working aniti-illegal immigration organizations
So do you think those hard working anti-illegal organisations are not biased?

Do you think you can find objective information there?

....or is that just one side of the story?

Do you dismiss any other information than that which only reinforces your predispositions?

Don't you check more than one source to see if you're being led down the garden path, (so to speak).........

Seems if you don't bother to check up on the validity of one side of an argument, ....you leave yourself open to being unable to make an objective determination.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:47 AM

323 posts, read 663,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Beware of media on candidates, constantly trying to sway us to their beliefs. Remember the Presidential election when all the polls said John Kerry was the winner by a large margin, but he didn't win did he.

Instead of media, I think it's good to get the word out to check out the hard working aniti-illegal immigration organizations like NumbersUSA and The Border Control to see candidates true views gathered from their interviews, actions, etc.
And ALIPAC

Old 12-15-2007, 02:03 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,476,861 times
one issue canidates like Tancredo rarely get elected and he's borderline xenephobe on the subject. It's one thing to be against illegals but it's another to be anti hispanic like he seems to be.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM

10 posts, read 15,070 times
We could do with some xenophobes when the doors are left wide-open.Tancredo is a cultural preservationist...nothing wrong with that.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
one issue canidates like Tancredo rarely get elected and he's borderline xenephobe on the subject. It's one thing to be against illegals but it's another to be anti hispanic like he seems to be.
Well said, americans are smarter than that to elect him. To all you who claim illegal immigration is the top issue, why isn't this guy guaranteed to win the nomination?

Old 12-18-2007, 03:02 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,855,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Well said, americans are smarter than that to elect him. To all you who claim illegal immigration is the top issue, why isn't this guy guaranteed to win the nomination?

I won't say immigration is THE top issue but I do believe it to be a Top 5 issue easily. It's obvious why Tancredo isn't a lock, the presidency is a multi-variate problem and even the top issue will get short shrift with a candidate who demonstrates their pull string only has one message!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration