U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:53 PM

391 posts, read 740,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Individually I am sure there are lovely people who are living in this country illegally. This does not negate the fact that they are breaking laws to live and be employed in this country and it also doesn't negate the fact that the US has a right to determine how many people it allows to immigrate and more importantly what kinds of people it allows to immigrate just like any other sovereign nation on this Earth.
Yes, there are deserving, nice people who would love to live here. But we cannot accept them all and still maintain a standard of living (both financial and environmental) that is their reason for coming here in the first place. While we should be compassionate to those who are living in war zones, who are living in the face of genocide and whose lives are at risk for helping American solidiers we cannot and should not have an open door policy for people who 'merely' want to earn more money.
It is hard, and it can be cruel, but there simply is no other way.
Who are we to choose who deserves what, or what they've gone through? The gov't in Mexico and in Guatemala are ruthless and uncaring of their people. How can you know what they've gone through unless you went through it with them? or seen it or been told the atrocity they've suffered. We help eveyone. We go into war, destroy their homes,life etc then rebuild as well as invite them here. Good grief this country messed up long long ago,

Last edited by chey2u; 08-19-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I care not if one pities me. I am kind and loving and care about every living thing especially descent people. I do not judge someone unless I can walk a mile in their shoes. You get back what you put out. I put my love for all out there and those who mock I pay no attention to but those with loving hearts give back 10 fold.
I “hate” no one, and have much love in my heart for my fellow man. My ability to love has absolutely no relevance to my opposition to lawlessness. Even God, who IS love, chastises those who break His laws.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Who are we to choose who deserves what, or what they've gone through? The gov't in Mexico and in Guatemala are ruthless and uncaring of their people. How can you know what they've gone through unless you went through it with them? or seen it or been told the atrocity they've suffered. We help eveyone. We gone into war, destroy their homes,life etc then rebuild as well as invite them here. Good grief this country messed up long long ago,
Are you suggesting the U.S. should care for the downtrodden of the world, or simply our neighbors to the south?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:01 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
I care not if one pities me. I am kind and loving and care about every living thing especially descent people. I do not judge someone unless I can walk a mile in their shoes. You get back what you put out. I put my love for all out there and those who mock I pay no attention to but those with loving hearts give back 10 fold.
Did I miss something? Is acid no longer illegal in this country?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:03 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Gives a whole new flavor to the quote "high and sanctimonious".

Old 08-19-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I thought this thread was about lovely legal or illegal immigrants. Do they only come in hispanic flavor?
Oh no all flavors but this group seems to pick on hispanic blood. And when I spoke of immigrants beings loving and kind etc I was not only referring to hispanic. It is amazing how many different cultures I had the pleasure of knowing.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Who are we to choose who deserves what, or what they've gone through? The gov't in Mexico and in Guatemala are ruthless and uncaring of their people. How can you know what they've gone through unless you went through it with them? or seen it or been told the atrocity they've suffered. We help eveyone. We gone into war, destroy their homes,life etc then rebuild as well as invite them here. Good grief this country messed up long long ago,
What? When did we invade Mexico and Guatamala and destoyed peoples houses?

Look, this may be a hard concept not just for you but for our politicians as well to grasp but here it is: The US does not have an infinite amount of money to spread around in the forms of subsidies, health services, WIC, food stamps etc... The US does not have an infinite amount of jobs that need to be filled, nor does it have an infinite amount land with which to house people in.
Yes, it would be great to save everyone the world over but we cannot do it. They all cannot live here. The only option is for those people to make changes within their own country so that it may in the future resemble the best the US has to offer. I mean, really.....where do you draw the line? Because if we opened the gates and let everyone in that wanted in, the US would soon resemble the third world crapholes that those potential immigrants are trying to leave. Overpopulation is no joke, my friend --- just ask the Chinese. And I hope to hell that my granddaughters will not be subjected to forced abortions because our 'leaders' in the early 20th century could not say 'enough' to immigration.
This debate really encompasses a whole lot more issues then 'you are compassionate if you are for immigration and you are a mean spirited racist if you are not'.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM

I did not say we invaded Mexico or Guatemala the comment was to point out we stop them from revolutions to change their gob't or at least in Mexico. We fight everywhere. Vietnam, iraq etc. then we rebuil. I think it is wrong as well. why knock them down then build them back up? I think we should stop medling in everyone elses country and fix this one. China owns us because we owe them so much money, the american dollar has little value because we have no reserve and have bolrrowed more than we can afford. This country is controlled by bankers.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:15 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
I did not say we invaded Mexico or Guatemala the comment was to point out we stop them from revolutions to change their gob't or at least in Mexico. We fight everywhere. Vietnam, iraq etc. then we rebuil. I think it is wrong as well. why knock them down then build them back up? I think we should stop medling in everyone elses country and fix this one. China owns us because we owe them so much money, the american dollar has little value because we have no reserve and have bolrrowed more than we can afford. This country is controlled by bankers.
And this is why I am voting Ron Paul!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
hmmm gee I dont know where do you get yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or