U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-14-2007, 12:38 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,005,685 times
Reputation: 1009

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
I suspect you know better than to expect anyone to take that analogy for anything but sarcasm.

The profiling the FBI performs is not racial profiling as it's defined in the laws against racial profiling.

You might just as well argue that smoking pot is legal, because smoking something else is legal.

Good luck with that, you'd lose your argument, because it's ludicrous.

Just because some have "hijacked" the term "racial profiling" doesn't mean it still isn't a legitimate law enforcement tool. The term "racial profiling" in regards to law enforcement has been around a lot longer than the current hijacked PC reference.

You are trying to change the subject. We are not talking about some cop who hates a certain ethnic group so he gives speeding tickets out to them on the highway wily nily. We are talking about the profilers government law enforcement agencies hire to profile criminal suspects by race, age, sex, ete.

Racial profiling is a law enforcement tool that PC advocates run amok with.

In the context of this thread we are talking about whether ICE trained professionals should be able to "racially profile" criminal illegal aliens when most of the 20 million illegals here are Hispanic, illiterate, speak English very poorly, and most either have no drivers license or have a fake one.

Again, who should ICE trained sheriff's deputies be looking for? Blonde haired guys from Iceland? Racial profiling works. The video included in the original post said Sheriff Joe sent back 1200 illegals south of the border. I guess it's working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Racial profiling is a law enforcement tool that PC advocates run amok with.
"Calling all cars - a robbery has just happened. Be on the lookout for 2 men, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds. I can't tell you their race or ethnic backgound - that would cause you to profile ....... Just figure it out yourselves. That is all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"Calling all cars - a robbery has just happened. Be on the lookout for 2 men, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds. I can't tell you their race or ethnic backgound - that would cause you to profile ....... Just figure it out yourselves. That is all!
That totally cracked me up!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 12:59 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Reputation: 47455
law enforcement may use profiling in apprehension. so far this law has stuck firm.
as to illegals, a whole lot of people are trying to manipulate this issue to serve their own interests.
the civil rights card gets played often but never for citizen joe, what about his rights?
illegal immigration is labor and union busting. that is what our goverment is doing. unions have a role to play here but not without strong american support which they clearly do not have at this time. money and a full stomach will do that to you.
the notion that personal appeals to the government or corporations are going to help americans in any labor issue is ludicrous.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-14-2007 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 01:12 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"Calling all cars - a robbery has just happened. Be on the lookout for 2 men, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds. I can't tell you their race or ethnic backgound - that would cause you to profile ....... Just figure it out yourselves. That is all!

They are supposed to know their ethnicity ie. Black Male, Hispanic Male, Asian male. For that, racial profiling is ok. But police cars patrolling looking for certain races in violent prone areas is unpermissible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They are supposed to know their ethnicity ie. Black Male, Hispanic Male, Asian male. For that, racial profiling is ok. But police cars patrolling looking for certain races in violent prone areas is unpermissible.
PL - you are still young. You have a lot to learn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
PL - you are still young. You have a lot to learn
And you lived through the civil rights era..you should know better.
Quote:
Calling all cars - a robbery has just happened. Be on the lookout for 2 men, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds. I can't tell you their race or ethnic backgound - that would cause you to profile ....... Just figure it out yourselves. That is all!
Different then pulling someone over for no other reason then being black or brown...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
illegal immigration is labor and union busting.
This has zero to do with the State of Arizona...Arizona is a right to work state.

In Arizona the job is almost always going to the one willing to take the lowest pay. Unless it is a job that needs a specific skill or degree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
And you lived through the civil rights era..you should know better.


Different then pulling someone over for no other reason then being black or brown...
Again, I will pose the question I posed before: Two white teenagers - driving a big fancy car / suv - in a poor / getto area known for drug dealers and sales of crack and black tar. They "look out of place"

Your a cop - you stop them to find out what they are doing there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Arizona is a right to work state.
Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top