Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:03 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We are talking about the profilers government law enforcement agencies hire to profile criminal suspects by race, age, sex, ete.
That is not racial profiling...it is called criminal personality profiling. Look it up...Google it. Call the FBI agency...Just Educate yourself and please refrain from confusing the two very different techniques.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Two white teenagers - driving a big fancy car / suv - in a poor / getto area known for drug dealers and sales of crack and black tar. They "look out of place"

Your a cop - you stop them to find out what they are doing there?
I'm not going to pull them over unless I have a reason.

Why, because White people live in the Ghetto...living there is not solely based on race.

And unfortunately, you see a lot of high end vehicles in the Ghetto because social status is valued more then education. And that is not a race type of issue. Whites do it, blacks do it, hispanics do it, indians do it.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I'm not going to pull them over unless I have a reason.

Why, because White people live in the Ghetto...living there is not solely based on race.
They are cruisin' - pretty obvious they don't live there -

Its a lawful stop -

Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
...so you don't have a problem with other people choosing which laws they choose to break, .....you know, all those silly little laws like several people here refer to?

All the lawbreakers think they're 'really 'good' people'.

If you read your Constitution, as a citizen, you don't have the option of breaking the law, let alone disrespecting what the laws are.

Just as your rights are inalienable, so are your duties, for every right there is a reciprocal duty.

The duties of citizenship is an inalienable part of his/her right.

Ever pledge Allegiance? Ever swear to an oath?

Each time you do you swear to uphold the Constitution and the laws of this nation.

You demand it of immigrants but you don't demand it of yourself?
I USED to demand it of immigrants....but then I got to studying the "immigration form". So I stopped demanding it of ANYBODY. I think the nice thing to do would be to let people obey the laws they're comfortable with, but not to hold them accountable for obeying ALL laws. Don't you think that sounds a lot "nicer"?....Just because I break laws doesn't mean I'm a lawbreaker, does it?

Old 12-14-2007, 03:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They are supposed to know their ethnicity ie. Black Male, Hispanic Male, Asian male. For that, racial profiling is ok. But police cars patrolling looking for certain races in violent prone areas is unpermissible.
Police departments have budgets, and have to spend their money responsibly. They patrol violence-prone areas because that's where the violence is. If those areas have a certain ethnic make-up, that is really beside the point. If retirement communities populated by elderly white Jewish couples suddenly turned violent, then the police would concentrate on those areas. And very soon you'd be hearing of the police "profiling" elderly Jewish people....not because they didn't like elderly Jews, but because that's where the violence WOULD be.
Violent areas get a lot of police attention. Police attention means people get "looked at", or profiled. The huge majority of people "profiled" by the cops, and the huge majority of people on probation, or doing time in prison, are MALES. Yet no one complains about "gender profiling".....ever wonder why?

Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
That is not racial profiling...it is called criminal personality profiling. Look it up...Google it. Call the FBI agency...Just Educate yourself and please refrain from confusing the two very different techniques.

It's profiling. Of which racial profiling is part.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They are cruisin' - pretty obvious they don't live there -

Its a lawful stop -

Yep, I was watching COPS the other day and they showed this exact thing.

The police saw two white men in a very nice car driving up and down the block in a very poor minority neighborhood. The police officers pulled them over and questioned them, then did a background check for wants and warrants even though they didn't break any traffic laws. Turns out they were looking for drugs.

Good thing the cops were racially profiling that day. They stopped a drug transaction.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:24 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Yep, I was watching COPS the other day
You saw a TEEVEE 'reality show'?

...and so now, ....you think public policy and American jurisprudence should be based on what you saw on a 'reality' TEE VEE show......

Old 12-14-2007, 05:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Again, I will pose the question I posed before: Two white teenagers - driving a big fancy car / suv - in a poor / getto area known for drug dealers and sales of crack and black tar. They "look out of place"

Your a cop - you stop them to find out what they are doing there?
Damn straight---------that is probable cause unto itself.

And; I am White!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
You saw a TEEVEE 'reality show'?

...and so now, ....you think public policy and American jurisprudence should be based on what you saw on a 'reality' TEE VEE show......

No, don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything like that and you know it.

I do think every illegal alien in the US should be hunted down, have their assets seized, then deported by private citizens, the US military, the guard and reserve, and ICE officials.

But clearly the COPS episode was an excellent example of just how beneficial racial profiling is when applied properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration