U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2007, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,357,905 times
Reputation: 1832

Advertisements

Quote:
They are cruisin' - pretty obvious they don't live there -

Its a lawful stop -
wow..such Biased thinking .Guess the whites can't live in the Ghetto...just doesn't happen.

And I guess blacks cannot drive Mercedes and live in N. Scottsdale..because that is probable cause for a pullover in your eyes...

Such a sad mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
No, don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything like that and you know it.

I do think every illegal alien in the US should be hunted down, have their assets seized, then deported by private citizens, the US military, the guard and reserve, and ICE officials.

But clearly the COPS episode was an excellent example of just how beneficial racial profiling is when applied properly.
Well said all illegals should be hunted down. Just as all other criminals should be. Any assets gained while here were gained under false pretenses therefore are illegal and should be siezed. There should be no rewards for cheating a system so many others seem to have no problem obeying. All criminals seem to be able to justify the laws they break. Very few seem to be able to accept the consequences when caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
wow..such Biased thinking .Guess the whites can't live in the Ghetto...just doesn't happen.

And I guess blacks cannot drive Mercedes and live in N. Scottsdale..because that is probable cause for a pullover in your eyes...

Such a sad mindset.
Not sure about living there; but the surgeon who fixed my triple hernia (lapro) earlier this year was Black and it was done in North Scottsdale.

Needless to say; I would heartily recommend this MD to anyone------my hernia was so bad that the '90 minute' procedure took 4 hours!

Yet; I am as good as new now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2007, 06:26 PM
 
15 posts, read 60,591 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
..Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Really think about it...
Think about what? Illegal aliens? I have; it's disgusting how they're gutting our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2007, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,414,265 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
wow..such Biased thinking .Guess the whites can't live in the Ghetto...just doesn't happen.

And I guess blacks cannot drive Mercedes and live in N. Scottsdale..because that is probable cause for a pullover in your eyes...
Regardless of your position - the scenario I described would be a "good stop"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 03:50 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 728,812 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
an excellent example of just how beneficial racial profiling is when applied properly.
If it was simply racial profiling it would be illegal.

As you said while watching the show, the officers saw a vehicle, (you said a very nice vehicle), that was driving up and down a block in a very poor neighborhood.

You've not proven that the police pulled over the car because of the race of it's occupants.

I suspect the police would have pulled any vehicle over which was driving up and down those streets, that activity alone gives them enough of a probable cause to stop and question that vehicle regardless of the race of the occupants.

.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,633,512 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
If it was simply racial profiling it would be illegal.

As you said while watching the show, the officers saw a vehicle, (you said a very nice vehicle), that was driving up and down a block in a very poor neighborhood.

You've not proven that the police pulled over the car because of the race of it's occupants.

I suspect the police would have pulled any vehicle over which was driving up and down those streets, that activity alone gives them enough of a probable cause to stop and question that vehicle regardless of the race of the occupants.
.
..
What you say is probably true, but it only serves to make the point that if "race" can POSSIBLY be named as a factor, it will be....That's the whole point. The police don't pull people over because they're white---they pull them over for "driving a fancy car in a rough neighborhood".....and they don't usually pull people over because they're NOT white, either. They pull whites and non-whites over for "doing things that look suspicious"--and HOPEFULLY, this is something other than just "driving while black". Racism still exists, but there are a few OTHER reasons people can get into trouble, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 AM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,011,932 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
You've not proven that the police pulled over the car because of the race of it's occupants.

The officers admitted it on TV.

They actually asked the occupants of the vehicle "if they themselves thought it was suspicious for two white guys to be driving up and down this road in this part of town."

Additionally, the cops conversation in the police cruiser was played as well. It was clear they pulled the guys over because they were white. They actually said so on TV. They actually said on TV that two white guys in that neighborhood was very suspicious. In fact, other nice vehicles drove by and they weren't stopped. Only the white guys were pulled over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,357,905 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
They actually asked the occupants of the vehicle "if they themselves thought it was suspicious for two white guys to be driving up and down this road in this part of town."
I saw that episode...it was for the 80's or sometime similar. You can tell by the age of the cruiser. That type of mindset would not fly today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,011,932 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I saw that episode...it was for the 80's or sometime similar. You can tell by the age of the cruiser. That type of mindset would not fly today.

Naw, the guy had a newer model Mercedes. It looked like a 2006. The cop car looked new as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top