U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,032,937 times

Advertisements

Of course the guy was racially profiled, racial profiling is a legitimate law enforcement tool, and we need more heroes like Joe to step it up and enforce the law using this type of profiling. Most illegal aliens here are Hispanic, so who should ICE trained professionals look for? Blonde haired people who might be from Iceland?

The fact is illegal aliens are economic terrorists and they are probably more of a threat than al quada. The vast majority of these economic terrorists are Hispanic. In effect we have been invaded by an army of Hispanic economic terrorists.

Among other crimes, the really nice ones will only steal jobs, violate the border, suck up social welfare benefits, and evade taxes.

The not so nice ones murder, rape, molest children, burglar homes, steal cars and commit a host of other crimes.

If the federal government would breakdown and actually secure our border, heroes like Joe wouldn't have to be fighting this war on our cities streets. Racial profiling is a legitimate law enforcement tool. The sad thing is that yes that honest Hispanic citizens will be inconvenienced. Is that unfortunate? Of course. But necessary. So everyone might as well get used to it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 PM

1,252 posts, read 737,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Ah - it was upheld YEARS AGO - the State told the Feds to shove it with their 55mph crap -

AZ won

Surprised you with your vast knowledge did not know that
The state of Arizona may have told the feds to shove it.

Can you cite where the Supreme Court upheld any contest of the State statute?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM

206 posts, read 367,664 times
Very insightful analogy, Hawkeye.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,578,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
The state of Arizona may have told the feds to shove it.

Can you cite where the Supreme Court upheld any contest of the State statute?
I don't need to for - the State told the Feds to shove it - the Feds backed down. The state did not have to court challenge it as we lost no highway funds

And, it is a moot point inasmuch as the 55/65 limits are a thing of the past anyway

Wasting a finite resource cites are used here (I found out) in cases where one is 10mph or less over the posted speed.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I have a question for you: Are you always so rude and condesending to someone who disagrees with you?
Rude and condescending?

Let's see, ....why would I not be the model of civil discourse at all times with all people....

Could it be that my actions might reflect how I'm addressed?

Could it be that I respond in kind?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Why not? You can disrespect the law but others can't?

If you show disrespect for our laws, and readily admit it here, I will not hesitate to comment on that.

And just because someone else, (any other criminal, in government or out), doesn't abide by the laws of this country, that's no excuse for you to ignore your own duty as a citizen of this country to obey, respect and uphold those laws.

If you're not willing to perform your duty as a citizen, you've little reason to expect you'd be exempt from being subject to criticism for that.

Or maybe you're not a citizen?
Once again - so rude!

Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Rude and condescending?

Let's see, ....why would I not be the model of civil discourse at all times with all people....

Could it be that my actions might reflect how I'm addressed?

Could it be that I respond in kind?

Actually, IMO, and after reviewing a number of yours, and others posts, it appears most posters attempt to be polite to you - yet, you start off being rude to anyone who disagrees with you.

Shows a tremendous lack of maturity - very childish IMO

Old 12-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I don't need to for - the State told the Feds to shove it - the Feds backed down. The state did not have to court challenge it as we lost no highway funds

And, it is a moot point inasmuch as the 55/65 limits are a thing of the past anyway

Wasting a finite resource cites are used here (I found out) in cases where one is 10mph or less over the posted speed.
If you look into your legislative actions approving the passage of the law, it specifically applied to the 10 miles an hour from 55 to 65. Hence the reason the legislation was formulated.

You have to remember that the state and the feds aren't the only people who might someday challenge the law. Like I said, the state may have succeeded in complying with the Feds, but they aren't the only subjects who may have standing under the law to bring a challenge.

Quite often legislation in one state is considered in another, and one thing other states like to look for is if that particular legislation stands up under legal challenge. Before another state adopts that same kind of legislation, they will frequently wait to see if it brings a challenge in court.

So no, you don't 'need' to show me where it's been tested, because it hasn't been tested......

It may someday, or it might not. But that's quite a different thing than saying it's already been upheld, ....which court was that, or to your knowledge was it ever 'upheld' in a court of law?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:04 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,394,366 times
Quote:

Shows a tremendous lack of maturity - very childish IMO

Did you not do the same to me yesterday? For you it must be , Do as I say but not as I do? Is that what your telling us?
Quote:
Racial profiling is a legitimate law enforcement tool.
No it is not. You cannot detain, question...etc...someone based solely on their race. The Officer better have a good reason or he is getting fired and the dept is getting sued. Period!

Old 12-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
.....racial profiling is a legitimate law enforcement tool,
If that were the case, there wouldn't be cases brought before the courts, seems racial profiling isn't quite so clearly 'legitimate', no?

Seems there's a federal law and many states have also passed laws against racial profiling.

So, it can't be a 'legitimate' tool of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Racial profiling is a legitimate law enforcement tool. . So everyone might as well get used to it.
That appears to me to be nothing more than an opinion,

and most assuredly not one ........everyone needs, or is required, to get used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or