U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:12 PM

1,252 posts, read 729,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually, IMO, and after reviewing a number of yours, and others posts, it appears most posters attempt to be polite to you - yet, you start off being rude to anyone who disagrees with you.

Shows a tremendous lack of maturity - very childish IMO
Your 'reviewing skills' appear to be incomplete.

...and your assertions are totally unfounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 05:14 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,418,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Your 'reviewing skills' appear to be incomplete.

...and your assertions are totally unfounded.
You just, once again, proved my assertions.

Thank you

Old 12-13-2007, 05:15 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,012,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
No it is not. You cannot detain, question...etc...someone based solely on their race. The Officer better have a good reason or he is getting fired and the dept is getting sued. Period!

Sure it is. Major police departments all across the nation as well as the feds utilize profilers. A major part of what they do is RACIAL PROFILING. It's a legitimate established law enforcement technique.

For example, if they are looking for a serial killer, studies have proven most serial killers are white males.

Just like most illegal aliens are Hispanic.

Different types of profiling, including RACIAL PROFILING, have been proven very effective in catching criminals. In fact you could argue racial profiling saves lives.

Does it make it inconvenient for some? Sure, but we are in war against illegal aliens. We have been invaded by an army that may be as large as 30 million strong. Sacrifices need to be made. I've just happy Sheriff Joe is man enough and hero enough to carry a large part of the load.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Did you not do the same to me yesterday? For you it must be , Do as I say but not as I do? Is that what your telling us?
No, I do not believe so

Quote:
No it is not. You cannot detain, question...etc...someone based solely on their race. The Officer better have a good reason or he is getting fired and the dept is getting sued. Period!
I trust you are not equating this to me -

Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Sure it is. Major police departments all across the nation as well as the feds utilize profilers. A major part of what they do is RACIAL PROFILING. It's a legitimate established law enforcement technique.

For example, if they are looking for a serial killer, studies have proven most serial killers are white males.

Just like most illegal aliens are Hispanic.

Different types of profiling, including RACIAL PROFILING, have been proven very effective in catching criminals. In fact you could argue racial profiling saves lives.

Does it make it inconvenient for some? Sure, but we are in war against illegal aliens. We have been invaded by an army that may be as large as 30 million strong. Sacrifices need to be made. I've just happy Sheriff Joe is man enough and hero enough to carry a large part of the load.
Remember the guy who killed those two guys breaking into his neighbors house? "Can you describe them" "They're two Black men...." They ended up being Hispanic. So who are they going to arrest, the Black guy or the White guy?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Remember the guy who killed those two guys breaking into his neighbors house? "Can you describe them" "They're two Black men...." They ended up being Hispanic. So who are they going to arrest, the Black guy or the White guy?
Remember the 20 to 30 million illegal aliens that sneaked in over the border? They were by a vast majority Hispanic. Who should ICE look for?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Quote:
Remember the 20 to 30 million illegal aliens that sneaked in over the border? They were by a vast majority Hispanic. Who should ICE look for?
They should do their research before they go and label someone illegal. You can bet your A$$ I would sue if ICE personal came and detained me.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
They should do their research before they go and label someone illegal. You can bet your A$$ I would sue if ICE personal came and detained me.
Go ahead PL - sue

If they had PC, you would lose

Guaranteed

Old 12-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:

All the research needed is to go up to the person and talk to him. Check his ID, see how well he speaks English, and utilize other easy to verify items.

But it doesn't do any good sue. The federal government only pays a lawsuit if they choose to. The judicial branch of government (our court system), can order money to be paid to someone, but unless congress actually appropriates the money all you get is legal bills. The federal court system can't make congress pay someone money. It's a separation of powers issue.

Look at all the people who have won cases against the IRS. They rarely if ever get paid.

Besides, we are at war. Our nation has been invaded. One is either for America or against it. I'm for it. So is Sheriff Joe.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM

1,252 posts, read 729,037 times
Quote:

Besides, we are at war. Our nation has been invaded. One is either for America or against it. I'm for it. So is Sheriff Joe.
Because you choose to characterize the need for better immigration policy as a 'war' or an 'invasion' is only a choice you make.

One doesn't have to be 'for America or against America' to have a different view, or a desire to work towards a solution through different methods.

But then, ....you probably already know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or