U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
As another poster has claimed in the past, what's the point of giving 30 million, or 100 million, illegals amnesty when the soonest they'll be able to vote is no less than 10 years from today? Why not issue an EO immediately legalizing every single permanent resident right now? Why wait 10-15 years, when you can have a couple million new voters in one year or less? Where's the sense in that train of thought commonly found among the Right?

If you lived where I lived, you'd think there are only 5 million illegals, most of them from the Far East, not Mexico or Central America. Confirmation bias does tend to cloud one's judgement
Come on. Do you honestly believe this one segment of the US has not changed in over 10 years ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 08:39 PM

31,496 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In my state, a lot of foreigners do come from Mexico as that map indicates, but we also have a large number coming from Russia, Poland, Korea, China, Vietnam, and Cambodia. 2 foreign families moved in next door and one is from Russia, the other Russia or another Slavic country. But, that's ok. At least they're not Mexican
No, it's not ok if they are here illegally whether they be Mexican or not. Why would you make such a statement?

It doesn't matter where you personally live the fact is that most illegal aliens are Mexicans.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:00 PM

25,345 posts, read 16,290,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Pew Immigration Maps - Business Insider
And some wonder why we should focus on Mexico?
Messed up the title a little. link is by immigrant, but obviously Mexico is the biggest problem by far
The maps say they are "immigration maps". Criminal aliens are not immigrants, they are criminal aliens. Do you know where to find the "criminal alien" maps?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 AM

1,489 posts, read 1,350,297 times
Huge thread fail confusing illegal immigration with legal immigration.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:28 AM

31,496 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I'm sure that the numbers of "immigrants" on those maps includes both legal and illegal immigration since the PC thing to do is to blur those lines.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:22 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The maps say they are "immigration maps". Criminal aliens are not immigrants, they are criminal aliens. Do you know where to find the "criminal alien" maps?
Immigrants in the United States: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population | Center for Immigration Studies
it is difficult and I think by the feds intent to find raw data or any data for that matter. But go to table 36. You then have to compare table 36 to the other tables.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
The only thing that is confusing is how the fed releases the data.
Once again.
Immigrants in the United States: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population | Center for Immigration Studies
Go to table 36.
Then compare it to the immigration maps and you will see the numbers of illegals per state.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 PM

2,056 posts, read 1,837,859 times
I really hope this doesn't turn into another one of those anti-Mexico type of threads. Mexico as a country has a great heritage and it's people aren't all drug dealers and in cartels. There are mostly good people there, but they don't have confidence in the nation itself. Sad, really. That said, I am going to go on record here and say deportation is the only way to save our own shores from having too many unskilled, hungry people coming here. We don't have the job-base right now to feed our own. That is TRULY sad.

We have to deport illegals regardless of where they come from, and SCRUTINIZE the heck out of those coming here legally. They need income, they need skills, or they need an education enough to demonstrate they can. No children allowed with a guardian that meets one or all of those requirements.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I really hope this doesn't turn into another one of those anti-Mexico type of threads. Mexico as a country has a great heritage and it's people aren't all drug dealers and in cartels. There are mostly good people there, but they don't have confidence in the nation itself. Sad, really. That said, I am going to go on record here and say deportation is the only way to save our own shores from having too many unskilled, hungry people coming here. We don't have the job-base right now to feed our own. That is TRULY sad.

We have to deport illegals regardless of where they come from, and SCRUTINIZE the heck out of those coming here legally. They need income, they need skills, or they need an education enough to demonstrate they can. No children allowed with a guardian that meets one or all of those requirements.
No thread that I start is designed to hammer a nation as a whole. That said numbers don't lie. We as a nation need to raise the bar on who we accept as immigrants or grant a VISA too. We simply can't afford to take on all of the worlds poor, or all of Mexico's either for that matter.
We need to require all immigrants to be financially secure enough to make the move here. After they are here they can not qualify for any benefits until they have legally worked a minimum of 10 years.
Those who sponsor an Immigrant own the responsibility for said immigrant. Meaning all financial obligations for at least 10 years.
None of us care where illegals come from, we just want them held accountable. It's the other side that cries foul if you mention facts like where the majority come from, how the majority of illegals find their way into our country or the crimes committed by illegals.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No thread that I start is designed to hammer a nation as a whole. That said numbers don't lie. We as a nation need to raise the bar on who we accept as immigrants or grant a VISA too. We simply can't afford to take on all of the worlds poor, or all of Mexico's either for that matter.
We need to require all immigrants to be financially secure enough to make the move here. After they are here they can not qualify for any benefits until they have legally worked a minimum of 10 years.
Those who sponsor an Immigrant own the responsibility for said immigrant. Meaning all financial obligations for at least 10 years.

None of us care where illegals come from, we just want them held accountable. It's the other side that cries foul if you mention facts like where the majority come from, how the majority of illegals find their way into our country or the crimes committed by illegals.
The reason I added this is because often a sponsored immigrant will leave the company of their sponsor after receiving a green card. (permanent Resident card). They then are able to work, often low paying jobs. As legal residents they can qualify for assistance. The sponsors should be held accountable, they after all elected to be sponsor. I know I did, and was prepared to put my name on the line.
Most countries require immigrants to prove financial assets and ability to support themselves after the move. WE need to do the same. It only makes sense.
Most countries require an immigrant to have a certain level of education, as well as ability to speak the language of said country. This makes sense.
We can learn a lot from other countries, and should. We need to raise the bar, and raise it high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or