U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:57 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

Pew Immigration Maps - Business Insider
And some wonder why we should focus on Mexico?
Messed up the title a little. link is by immigrant, but obviously Mexico is the biggest problem by far

Last edited by tinman01; 05-29-2014 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 12:59 PM

539 posts, read 543,494 times
Interesting map. I had no idea West Virginia was known for Indian migrants. (And they had a high Italian immigrant population in the past).

I wish they'd break it down even further, into smaller regional sections. California has a lot of Mexican immigrants, as well as Filipino, but San Diego is known for Iraqi Chaldean population, too. I know that community has grown much since the war - a lot of refugees.

I wish the map broke down a guess at legal vs illegal immigration numbers.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post

If the map is any indication we will become Mexico. Mexicans come at will. There is zero interior illegal immigrant enforcement.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:19 PM

741 posts, read 615,314 times
Quote:
The map is essentially useless ... when discussing illegal aliens in the USA. I don't know why it was posted in the first place. I believe we've seen the published statistics for the estimated numbers of illegal aliens - which would be food for thought/discussion on this forum..

Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Immigrants in the United States: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population | Center for Immigration Studies
Now comparing state by state.. Illegals have a significant impact and it is a negative impact.
Compare to the OP map.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-America.html
Another interesting link.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:20 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
The map is essentially useless ... when discussing illegal aliens in the USA. I don't know why it was posted in the first place. I believe we've seen the published statistics for the estimated numbers of illegal aliens - which would be food for thought/discussion on this forum..
I think that map shows that the 10 million we've been told for over a decade has grown some

Estimates put it near 30 million if not more.
I tend to believe those estimates and that map certainly backs it up.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:44 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,115,240 times
If they give amnesty to 30 million we'll be in deep trouble.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:56 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Interesting map. I had no idea West Virginia was known for Indian migrants. (And they had a high Italian immigrant population in the past).

I wish they'd break it down even further, into smaller regional sections. California has a lot of Mexican immigrants, as well as Filipino, but San Diego is known for Iraqi Chaldean population, too. I know that community has grown much since the war - a lot of refugees.

In my state, a lot of foreigners do come from Mexico as that map indicates, but we also have a large number coming from Russia, Poland, Korea, China, Vietnam, and Cambodia. 2 foreign families moved in next door and one is from Russia, the other Russia or another Slavic country. But, that's ok. At least they're not Mexican

Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If they give amnesty to 30 million we'll be in deep trouble.
As another poster has claimed in the past, what's the point of giving 30 million, or 100 million, illegals amnesty when the soonest they'll be able to vote is no less than 10 years from today? Why not issue an EO immediately legalizing every single permanent resident right now? Why wait 10-15 years, when you can have a couple million new voters in one year or less? Where's the sense in that train of thought commonly found among the Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think that map shows that the 10 million we've been told for over a decade has grown some

Estimates put it near 30 million if not more.
I tend to believe those estimates and that map certainly backs it up.
If you lived where I lived, you'd think there are only 5 million illegals, most of them from the Far East, not Mexico or Central America. Confirmation bias does tend to cloud one's judgement

Old 05-29-2014, 06:39 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In my state, a lot of foreigners do come from Mexico as that map indicates, but we also have a large number coming from Russia, Poland, Korea, China, Vietnam, and Cambodia. 2 foreign families moved in next door and one is from Russia, the other Russia or another Slavic country. But, that's ok. At least they're not Mexican
Better a LEGAL Mexican in the US than an ILLEGAL Irish, German, Chinese and so on. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or