U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,839,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Xander---You're just spouting reconquista nonsense---and you know it, too.

You want proof that every ILLEGAL ALIEN has gone on to commit other crimes. You really don't know that this occurs? Well...if they are working, they are in violation of the law as the law says they are not allowed to work. And when they do work, they either are getting paid under the table, thereby committing tax evasion. Either that or they are committing ID theft by using a stolen or fake SSN which leaves the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

You also know that there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here, with some waiting years in refugee camps. The latter either sneaked across a border or overstayed a visa.

Then you post this:

If a unskilled, uneducated person who can not speak English has the requirements to steal your job... you are a freaking loser.
------------------------------
Go talk to all the honest business owners in the construction fields who have lost their livelihoods to to sleazy business owners who hire illegal aliens and pay them under the table. Honest contractors who pay taxes and insurance can't compete with those who don't obey the law.

What is your dog in this fight? Why do you push for open borders? Do you even care that if we had no immigration laws and open borders that in no time we would become an overcrowded country with not enough potable water? And before you scoff, even The Washington Post had an article admitting that we are running out of potable water. I'm sure that if you used their search function, you can read the article for yourself. Is all this okay with you? And if so, why is this?
No, you are just posting nationalistic gibberish.

Working without permission is not a violent crime, try again. I only asked for verification that every illegal immigrant is a violent criminal because that is what was suggested.

I don't care if you lost your job because your boss wanted to pay someone under the table... if they can replace you with unskilled, uneducated, labor especially that doesn't speak English, you are a loser.

No matter what, that means your job can be done by somebody with no skills, no education, and no knowledge of the language. I.E. A loser.

If these construction guys had real skills, they could not be replaced by people with no skills, period.

Where was your argument about running out of space and water when Americans committed genocide to "make room" for themselves in this country... oh that's right... you don't have principles... you just want the world to be convenient for YOU.

I push for open borders because I care about freedom for humanity above my own comfort. You don't give a crap about rights if they inconvenience you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right. I'm retired but I feel for our blue-collared Americans that have lost their jobs not because they were losers but because the greedy employers just wanted cheap, illegal labor to line their pockets with more profit. I cringe every time someone in here makes hateful and untrue claims about the American worker. That's about as anti-American as you can get.
If you can be replaced with unskilled labor, your job does not require skill. If you can be replaced by uneducated labor, your job does not require an education.

If it was just greedy business owners, why don't they hire illegals to be doctors and lawyers? Neuro-surgeons? Oh yeah, those are jobs that not just any loser with no skills and no education can walk into.

If the posistion does not take skill or educations, it does not make you less of a loser just because you have done an unskilled job your whole life.

Don't want your job taken by unskilled workers from ANY country? Get skills and an education. The claim that it is *just* greed is asinine, a neuro-surgeon cost more to employ than a construction worker, why wouldn't they be willing to hire unskilled uneducated labor? Could it be that the job requires someone who is not a loser and has an education and skills?

Old 05-30-2014, 08:52 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,839,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you, Oldglory. Everytime I hear stories about those who have lost their livelihoods because they were honest and can't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals, I just about weep. It makes me angry to hear those who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration get accused of being losers. They are NOT losers. Instead, they are honest folks who obey the law and end up suffering for doing the right thing.

Once, when I was in an article comment section of a newspaper, at the same time I was posting so was an electrician in MS. We got to talking. He told me how he had hoped to pass along his business to his son but it was getting harder and harder to keep it going due to sleazy competitors who were hiring illegals. He told me how he lost a contract working for an apartment complex that called him everytime they needed electrical work done. One day, he went by there to ask them why they weren't calling him anymore. While he was there, another company was doing electrical work. They were using illegal alien day laborers who didn't speak English and were not electricians. There was a guy telling one worker who spoke English how to do the wiring and that worker was telling a day laborer in Spanish how to do it. The electrician that I was "talking" to told me he was horrified to see this because someone who doesn't know what they were doing could get electrocuted or could start a fire. The owner of the apartment complex told the electrician that he is using this company because they were cheaper. I told the electrician how very sorry I was to hear this was happening to him. He said that he has written to his local politicians---and surprise! surprise! None of them cared.

It amazes me that people will hire cheap labor with all the risks involved in doing so. Cheap labor isn't cheap after all.
The unskilled laborers did no take the job of the contractor... they took the job of unskilled uneducated laborers. If you can't compete because your money is stolen via taxes, you should be more concerned with the theft... not your competition who avoids the theft of their funds.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:30 PM

11,695 posts, read 5,639,542 times
Where was your argument about running out of space and water when Americans committed genocide to "make room" for themselves in this country... oh that's right... you don't have principles... you just want the world to be convenient for YOU.
------------------
What?

Oh, I see! You are talking about Native American Indians. Well guess what? Their ancestors were immigrants, too, having come here from Asia. They didn't just sprout up from the ground, you know.

You apparently don't know that the tribes were at war with one another and did their share of killing.

BTW, when the pilgrims arrived here, there was no country, thus no immigration laws to break. Plus, there was plenty of potable water and room to expand. We are no longer at this stage.

The unskilled laborers did no take the job of the contractor... they took the job of unskilled uneducated laborers. If you can't compete because your money is stolen via taxes, you should be more concerned with the theft... not your competition who avoids the theft of their funds.
Apparently, you are unaware that electricians are NOT "unskilled labor". They study to become electricians and when they get licensed, they have to prove that they know their craft.

When I need electrical work done in my house, I call a trained electrician who his licensed, bonded and insured. It's prudent to do so because having someone who was never trained puts you at risk.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:31 AM

33,162 posts, read 30,429,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Thank god, you are not approaching my posts with any sort of open mind, you are just reinforcing your out-dated beliefs.

The line didn't exist until somebody thought it up.

See, this is where you fail to understand rights, they come before nation states. The fact that you think OTHER people can decide to give up rights for someone else against their will, shows that you don't understand rights.

You believe in mob rule. You just need a majority to believe in your system and it is "legitimate". The whole concept of rights is to combat the attitude you show here.

Incorrect, good people disobey bad laws. The people who blatantly disregarded the fugitive slave act were good people. The people who disregard drug prohibition and sell high quality drugs are good people.

Breaking a bad law does not make you a bad person, period.

That wasn't what was being discussed. We were discussing people crossing the border and NO more. My reply would have been different if they mentioned anyone other than those who simply cross a border.

You can not change what I responded to after my response, that is dishonest.

Uh, duh? Except those legal channels took less effort than entering the country today... they rubber stamped everybody.

It is no the same set of standards. It is rediculous if you think you have more of a claim to the land because your ancestors came here legally... and slaughtered the natives.... yeah you hold moral high-ground over these people.

Yeah, I am sure the native Americans that already lived here were "in need" of immigrants. Funny how you think it is ok for a group of people to commit genocide and steal land from people... but it is not ok for another group of people to travel freely.

The genocide of the native Americans is far more horrifying than anything immigrants do today.

If a unskilled, uneducated person who can not speak English has the requirements to steal your job... you are a freaking loser.

I think YOU should stop stealing taxes and resources from Americans. The welfare system in this country is horrible and still would be without immigrants. It is no more right to steal from me to give to someone in WA or some other far off state, than it is to steal it and give it to immigrants.

The problem is the system that relies on theft. (A violation of rights)

Your whole argument fails miserably.

Have a pleasant evening.

Ok, Provide me with proof that every immigrant who has entered this country without permission has gone on to do other crimes, I will wait patently while you compile a list tens of millions of names long.

Unless you are implying that coming over the border without permission breaks more than one law. If you are accusing all of the undocumented immigrants of being violent criminals, you are laughably ill-informed and the worst kind of collectivist.
How many don't drive?
How many don't work? Are they working under the table? Is their social number stolen? Fake?
How many don't pay income tax?
How many are lying on documents to get kids into schools.
How many .....

never mind, if it has to be spelled out for you, I'm wasting your and my time.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Yac

5,887 posts, read 6,339,187 times
Wow, so after going through this thread it seems obvious most of you don't really want to discuss this, you only want to rant. Also, the politics forum is next door, that's where you go to wage your partisan wars.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration