Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:23 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wrong.....in one way.

The Dream Act is being broadcast on TV in Honduras.
That's not being broadcasted on their TV by anything sponsored or encouraged by the U.S.A. Quite the contrary. Our embassies down there are trying to put a stop to those rumors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not all that complicated. They should be turned away at the border itself -- there is absolutely no good reason to allow them entry in the first place. It is NOT a humanitarian issue because Obama is only encouraging thousands more to risk their childrens' lives -- and summer is just beginning. Wait until some of those "humanitarian issue" children are found dehydrated and dead out in the desert because Obama is encouraging their parents to do this to them.

So far word is out that DACA is for children whose parents smuggled them in and for those greedy low-life parents themselves and that they won't be deported. They're not being deported and that's going to only create more mess.

The best way to address this would be to stop them from coming over in the first place, and if they made it over somehow, quickly send them home and their fellow villagers would see they didn't make it.

Obama will be responsible for those who get caught in the searing heat you now -- this really isn't some joke -- the temperatures will not be mild for much longer.
You are contradicting yourself. You want us to turn the kids around at the border but you think Obama should be blamed when they get caught and die in the searing heat. What do you think is going to happen to those kids that are turned back after their long trip down here? Its already being said many of them are dehydrated, disorientated and hungry already when they get here.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-14-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 01:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's not being broadcasted on their TV by anything sponsored or encouraged by the U.S.A. Quite the contrary. Our embassies down there are trying to put a stop to those rumors.

You are contradicting yourself. You want us to turn the kids around at the border but you think Obama should be blamed when they get caught and die in the searing heat. What do you think is going to happen to those kids that turned back after their long trip down here? Its already being said many of them are dehydrated, disorientated and hungry already when they get here.
Sorry it is being broadcast....I own land just south of Tela......I talked to the man that lives there yesterday.

I found a little about it on the internet.....but, it is in Spanish.

http://remember1986.com/our-country-...u-s-illegally/

This is not as good....but in English.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

You are contradicting yourself. You want us to turn the kids around at the border but you think Obama should be blamed when they get caught and die in the searing heat. What do you think is going to happen to those kids that turned back after their long trip down here? Its already being said many of them are dehydrated, disorientated and hungry already when they get here.
Obama himself is telling illegals that he does not believe in any immigration laws and doesn't believe that illegals should be stopped at the border. Read his exact words:

Well, the main step I’m trying to take is to make sure that we pass new laws so that we do not have to deport these folks at all. But in fact they can have a path to living here legally, and ultimately becoming citizens. You know, keep in mind that most of these deportations are actually at the border. So it’s people who are just being stopped. The reason that the numbers are high is because Congress doubled the number of ICE agents and custom border patrol. It’s not because this is something that I think is necessarily a kind thing or a helpful thing for many of these families. And that’s why I, knowing how painful it is for many people, want to make sure that we get comprehensive immigration reform done. We’ve gotten a bill passed through the Senate. The next step now is we got to get something through the House. And I know a lot of people sometimes say, well Obama could just do this without Congress. The problem is, is that there’s certain laws that I end up having to deal with coming out of Congress. I need a new law that puts everybody on a new legal footing. And we’ve got to keep the pressure on Congress to get that done.

This was in an interview for illegals --- Obama makes it very clear here he does not support any deportation.

And as far as them dying, why would they die if they stay on the other side of the border? If you actually knew how the border crossings are done, they aren't going to die on the Mexican side, it's after they cross over, like in the New Mexico or Arizona desert and run out of water and food that they die. Put up a fence and they won't cross over to die.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:37 PM

Hint -- there are highways in Mexico that run right up to and all along the border, there are illegals in stash houses --- they have plenty of food and water in them. They are given rides up to the border, it's after they cross it that they have to often make a hike to get to where the coyotes wait for them and get them into other stash houses.

They aren't hiking through any deserts while in Mexico.

It's not going to be very cute when some 4 year old is found dead because the temperatures were over 100 -- yet back in Central America, word is spreading fast about DACA -- smuggle in your kids and it's like you've won the lottery.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:39 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The part of all of this is that nothing will change because the same people here who whine and complain about immigration elect people who won't compromise to get anything done.

That you think this is a Democrat issue is rather stupid. Have a look at red states with a lot of agriculture and tell me if their Republicans are making any noise about illegal immigration. I'll give you a hint, they aren't as the farm lobby is rather happy to have them.

Keep whining though. You're the reason why we have this problem.
Politicians make all kinds of promises they don't keep "after" they are elected. You've got a link of course proving your assertion that Republicans are ok with illegal aliens picking crops?

No, it's people who make snide remarks like yours instead of joining the fight on this issue that are the problem.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hint -- there are highways in Mexico that run right up to and all along the border, there are illegals in stash houses --- they have plenty of food and water in them. They are given rides up to the border, it's after they cross it that they have to often make a hike to get to where the coyotes wait for them and get them into other stash houses.

They aren't hiking through any deserts while in Mexico.
And in the US people put out water jugs and blankets.

They ride the beast in Mexico.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sorry it is being broadcast....I own land just south of Tela......I talked to the man that lives there yesterday.

I found a little about it on the internet.....but, it is in Spanish.

Our country is being invaded & our government is allowing it! – TV news in Central America advises

This is not as good....but in English.
The Obama speech to illegals where he told them he's trying to get rid of all immigration laws, where he wants no one stopped at the border, where he's trying to get legal status for all illegals was certainly broadcast to the illegals --- and why wouldn't it be?

There is a very clear message in that Obama interview -- come one, come all, the president himself does not believe there should be any immigration laws, any deportations.

That and DACA -- the message is loud and clear --- exploit children, risk their lives, it's worth it -- that's the easiest pass around immigration laws.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:43 PM

Obama 'meddles' in Honduras -- and chooses the wrong side - NY Daily News

This did not help and is one thing that changed.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:

Quite the contrary..they are showing DHS saying that minors haven't committed any crimes.
The minors are being taken in, cared for and their families in the US located. The minors are also being provided lawyers for deportation hearings in the future. The minors are being released to family living in the US regardless of that family's immigration status.

That is what the TV/MSM are showing down there. If that's not encouragement than I don't know what is.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
We have reportedly 47,000 illegal minors and 400 a day are being caught and processed.

And guess what..they will be enrolled in our overcrowded schools in 2-3 months.
And they are either ELL or Spanish speaking only.

I imagine lots of portables and hirings by school districts as the summer months go on.
Those huge numbers cannot be absorbed by school systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration