Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 08:00 PM

183 posts, read 192,627 times

Advertisements

Here are 2 more stories about the illegal kids coming into America.

Inside Lackland AFB, A Massive Shelter For Border Children

Inside Lackland AFB, A Massive Shelter For Border Children Housed in a group of former military barracks, its official name is the Unaccompanied Children Temporary Shelter on Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland. Just since May 18th, the shelter has taken in 1,820 children, ages 12-17.

Inside Lackland AFB, A Massive Shelter For Border Children - NBC News

also

President Obama Wants to Provide Border Children Legal Help

The Obama administration is turning to a community service program to try to provide legal help to children who have crossed the border without a parent or guardian and later face deportation proceedings.
On Friday, the administration said it would try to enroll 100 lawyers and paralegals into AmeriCorps to provide the legal services. They also would help to identify children who have been abused or victims of human trafficking and assist in prosecuting perpetrators, the Department of Justice said in a statement.

President Obama Wants to Provide Border Children Legal Help - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 08:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wonder if this was Obama's revenge on Brewer for defying him on illegal immigration?
It very likely is -- Obama is now flooding Arizona and other border states with thousands of very impoverished illegals and he's refusing to enforce immigration laws, he's promised these people they will never be deported.

FEMA aid for illegals -- how much more absurd could it get?

Old 06-06-2014, 08:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
I wonder if this was Obama's revenge on Brewer for defying him on illegal immigration?
I def would NOT put it past Obama.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I def would NOT put it past Obama.
He has demonstrated in the past how dishonest he can be.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:10 PM

183 posts, read 192,627 times
Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money.......This is in part from a story on NBC News

"Next we’re taken to a classroom where a group of 30 or so students are learning basic English. We’re told the kids also are taught math, and that religious studies are available for those who are interested. Arts and crafts are also offered – and as a result, the walls of the classroom, just as in the dorm areas, have several drawings of flags of the children’s home countries. I see one with the caption ‘La Bandera De Guatemala’. Nearby are several flag drawings of Honduras, El Salvador, a few from Ecuador, and even one from Oaxaca, Mexico."

"There are ample resources to ensure the children's health; 58 medical professionals are now on staff here, including an emergency room pediatric physician, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, LVNS, EMT paramedics and an advanced life support EMS unit. A pharmacy has been established on base and even a clinical psychiatrist is available. Sick children who may be contagious are taken first to a well-equipped mobile medical unit – and then to a hospital if necessary."

If they are being taught English, then I don't expect them to be returned home anytime soon.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:28 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money.......This is in part from a story on NBC News

"Next we’re taken to a classroom where a group of 30 or so students are learning basic English. We’re told the kids also are taught math, and that religious studies are available for those who are interested. Arts and crafts are also offered – and as a result, the walls of the classroom, just as in the dorm areas, have several drawings of flags of the children’s home countries. I see one with the caption ‘La Bandera De Guatemala’. Nearby are several flag drawings of Honduras, El Salvador, a few from Ecuador, and even one from Oaxaca, Mexico."

"There are ample resources to ensure the children's health; 58 medical professionals are now on staff here, including an emergency room pediatric physician, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, LVNS, EMT paramedics and an advanced life support EMS unit. A pharmacy has been established on base and even a clinical psychiatrist is available. Sick children who may be contagious are taken first to a well-equipped mobile medical unit – and then to a hospital if necessary."

If they are being taught English, then I don't expect them to be returned home anytime soon.

If ever. Imagine the tax dollars that it is costing us to provide all of these things to them. It would be cheaper to ship them home and let their homeland's governments deal with them. I wonder if any of them came with ID? Border children? I thought that most were from south of Mexico?

Old 06-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
If ever. Imagine the tax dollars that it is costing us to provide all of these things to them. It would be cheaper to ship them home and let their homeland's governments deal with them. I wonder if any of them came with ID? Border children? I thought that most were from south of Mexico?
The bottom line is that this is an expense being imposed upon the United States. It truly is the mentality of illegals.. The only thing that matters is that they get what they want no matter what. No different than any other criminal.

Last edited by tinman01; 06-08-2014 at 04:53 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 04:59 PM

This is part of the cost of illegal immigration.
Crime victims of illegal aliens
Some of the cost can never be expressed in dollars.
Contrary to what the supporters of illegals claim, they aren't all honest hard working people, made from the salt of the earth. In reality they are all criminals of varying degrees. Not one of them is honest and not a single illegal cares about our laws unless it is to their own benefit.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:07 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is part of the cost of illegal immigration.
Crime victims of illegal aliens
Some of the cost can never be expressed in dollars.
Contrary to what the supporters of illegals claim, they aren't all honest hard working people, made from the salt of the earth. In reality they are all criminals of varying degrees. Not one of them is honest and not a single illegal cares about our laws unless it is to their own benefit.
I actually loathe their supporters more than I do them. The citizens who don't care what illegal immigration does to our country and our own citizens because of whatever personal agenda they have such as greed, power, votes or ethnic ties. They are the enablers in all of this.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I actually loathe their supporters more than I do them. The citizens who don't care what illegal immigration does to our country and our own citizens because of whatever personal agenda they have such as greed, power, votes or ethnic ties. They are the enablers in all of this.
I am in the same boat in this regard. It enrages me that these supporters somehow equate illegals to honest people who obey our laws. They like to call illegals (immigrants) to confuse the issue or to somehow equate scumbag criminals to honest immigrants. Societal guilt at its very worst. It's just not fair that we have so much and those poor innocent, hard working, honest illegals have so little. Oh I know we owe them.
LOL it would be funny if it weren't so tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration