U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 AM

419 posts, read 1,808,913 times

Advertisements

I suspect that more and more cities and states will be passing laws banning things like day laborers, Drivers licenses for immigrants, strict workforce enforcement, (if in doubt and your Hispanic- FIRE them), strict rules on renting to immigrants, cutting off credit to immigrants, and stopping everyone with a brown face and asking for their papers. This will soon cause so much stress that it will be impossible to survive if you are an Hispanic Immigrant.

It would just be better to make them all legal. We need the fine workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I suspect that more and more cities and states will be passing laws banning things like day laborers, Drivers licenses for immigrants, strict workforce enforcement, (if in doubt and your Hispanic- FIRE them), strict rules on renting to immigrants, cutting off credit to immigrants, and stopping everyone with a brown face and asking for their papers. This will soon cause so much stress that it will be impossible to survive if you are an Hispanic Immigrant.

It would just be better to make them all legal. We need the fine workers.
There is a difference in immigrant and illegal, thats first. And second we have PLENTY of our own fine workers, thank you.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
IMPRESSIVE, Questioner2 . . . I LOVE A GOOD SARCASTIC POST!

Returning to the REAL WORLD . . . I firmly believe MOST, if not ALL, Americans are against REWARDING COMMON CRIMINALS.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,062,712 times
Quote:
This will soon cause so much stress that it will be impossible to survive if you are an Hispanic Immigrant.
The laws you mentioned don't apply to immigrants. They apply to illegal aliens.

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:

America is a land of immigrants and our native born population is dying off and retiring. It is time to open up America to a large influx of new workers. I support allowing most of these people to come from Latin America because of the huge existing Hispanic influence already in America. It will make it easier for them to assimilate than someone from Africa or Asia who speaks a language few understand.
No, they will learn English because not only will they have to in order to speak with Americans. They will also have to learn English in order to speak with other immigrants from different places. English will be the common bond. There will not be a multi-million disapora of Laotian a people who speak only the native language and have no need to learn English. There is nothing 'diverse' about having the vast majority of immigrants come from SOB.

635 posts, read 1,559,968 times
Questioner,

You summed up my feelings about illegal immigrants in a nut shell, hard working family people who don't get enough respect and basically spit on by the radicals. More immigration is needed because the younger generation goes to college for a technical or liberal arts job, not blue collar work. Without illegal immigrants, I think there would be a huge job recession.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 AM

419 posts, read 1,808,913 times
Regardless of a few right wing Republicans writing a letter to the editor on the Internet, large parts of America will soon be a Hispanic Nation within our lifetime. I suspect that it would be to the white power brokers advantage to keep these hard working baby loving large family orientated people happy. They are already defacto Americans. Make them offical and by doing so welcome as many hard working people from overseas to America as we can handle. It will cause our country to boom.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:19 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,020,170 times
Have you ever hired people, questioner? Do you adore the idea of someone with no understanding of American business and safety practices, much less understanding what you say, building something over your family's heads? Every illegal hired is a job lost to a deserving American often desparate for an entry-level job. Do you hate Americans?

In my experience of living side by side with illegals in my low to moderate income neighborhood in L.A., illegals are amongst the meanest, rudest, least considerate of anyone else people I've ever encountered. They like the idea of breaking laws, broke a major one to get here, and keep breaking, and breaking, and breaking laws as long as they can get away with it here. I presume you'll use a de facto doctor next time you need one, given your last post.

Every naturalized citizen I've ever encountered is a boon to my country, people who wanted to become Americans and did so the legal way. That's the America of "E Pluribus Unum," which is still 86% born here by the by. You are insulting the hard-won efforts of naturalized citizens to proclaim the law-breaking illegals to be anything but the self-centered, me-first lawbreakers that they are. They are the ones that literally spit on me when I (a middle-aged caucasian woman) walk by as well. Bank-robbers are hard-working too: it doesn't mean that's the way to function in a sane society.

Last edited by fastfilm; 12-14-2007 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-14-2007, 10:21 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Good one andreabeth!

Unfortunately the driver may be an illegal, as was the case with the bus of senior CITIZENS who burned up trying to escape the hurricane which almost hit Houston a couple of years ago.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Questioner,

You summed up my feelings about illegal immigrants in a nut shell, hard working family people who don't get enough respect and basically spit on by the radicals. More immigration is needed because the younger generation goes to college for a technical or liberal arts job, not blue collar work. Without illegal immigrants, I think there would be a huge job recession.

I would say this (highlighted in bold) is more how the illegals and their supporters treat the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or