U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:23 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,068,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
You summed up my feelings about illegal immigrants in a nut shell, hard working family people who don't get enough respect and basically spit on by the radicals.
Generalize much?

Since when does hard work immunize one from the law? Can "family people" break laws that single people can't? I'd bet that the majority of those who cheat on their taxes are "hard working family people." Heck, the majority of the population is hard working and belongs to a family.

Funny thing about respect; it has to be earned. I don't know about you, but I have no respect for the disrespectful. This sums up my feelings about illegal aliens: You enter my house uninvited. I let you stay. You demand dinner be on the table, and when I comply, you complain about my wife's cooking. How on earth can anyone expect me to respect such a person?
Quote:
More immigration is needed because the younger generation goes to college for a technical or liberal arts job, not blue collar work. Without illegal immigrants, I think there would be a huge job recession.
Generalize much?

Check the statistics. Study economics. Your statement contains many falsehoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 11:34 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,981,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I suspect that more and more cities and states will be passing laws banning things like day laborers, Drivers licenses for immigrants, strict workforce enforcement, (if in doubt and your Hispanic- FIRE them), strict rules on renting to immigrants, cutting off credit to immigrants, and stopping everyone with a brown face and asking for their papers. This will soon cause so much stress that it will be impossible to survive if you are an Hispanic Immigrant.

It would just be better to make them all legal. We need the fine workers.
No, it wouldn't be better to make them legal. One of the main reasons they are employed at all is because they work for less than Americans do, live in deplorable conditions, and often are paid in cash under the table thus avoiding taxes; the employer even sometimes pockets the SS contribution instead of accounting for it properly. If they were legal they would be much more difficult to exploit in this manner, making them less attractive as employees and creating another, bigger problem: what do you do with a bunch of newly-legal aliens who still don't qualify for welfare but who now cannot find jobs? Are we going to import another 20 million illegals?

Plus, why should we make them legal? Why should we reward illegal activity with the same immigration document other people wait patiently in line for, often for years and sometimes even decades?

Old 12-14-2007, 11:35 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,981,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Questioner,

You summed up my feelings about illegal immigrants in a nut shell, hard working family people who don't get enough respect and basically spit on by the radicals. More immigration is needed because the younger generation goes to college for a technical or liberal arts job, not blue collar work. Without illegal immigrants, I think there would be a huge job recession.
This from someone who has a financial interest in keeping the borders wide open because he admits he employs illegals.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,705,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
This from someone who has a financial interest in keeping the borders wide open because he admits he employs illegals.

Really?? Wow sounds like he needs to be deported right along with the illegals after some jail time of course!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 11:52 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Good one andreabeth!

Unfortunately the driver may be an illegal, as was the case with the bus of senior CITIZENS who burned up trying to escape the hurricane which almost hit Houston a couple of years ago.
All we have to do is put out the call for volunteer CITIZEN bus drivers. Somehow, I don't think there will be a shortage of applicants.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:52 AM

13,061 posts, read 21,189,317 times
Quote:
I suspect that more and more cities and states will be passing laws banning things like day laborers, Drivers licenses for immigrants, strict workforce enforcement, (if in doubt and your Hispanic- FIRE them), strict rules on renting to immigrants, cutting off credit to immigrants, and stopping everyone with a brown face and asking for their papers. This will soon cause so much stress that it will be impossible to survive if you are an Hispanic Immigrant.

It would just be better to make them all legal. We need the fine workers.
Since you failed to respond to my previous question, then how about you look at the results on this recent CD poll, and come again with that "few fringe groups on the radical right" bs?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...on-survey.html

Stop polluting this issue by trying to divide along racial lines - it is strictly about illegal vs. legal immigration and following the laws we already have on our books. As far as I'm concerned, the only people, citizens or not, that support breaking the laws of our country are themselves criminals.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:04 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,150,484 times
Some are very nice and I enjoy chatting with them. Some are not nice, some are criminals and need to be deported now. We need a "lawful" system of entry to check for criminal records and diseases.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM

206 posts, read 366,092 times
Anyone who believes the lie that most Americans favor amnesty for illegals and thinks they will convince people on this board to buy the same lie is probably living in the fantasy world of Azlan.

Seems like amnesty crowd gets more desperate every day....We must be doing something right.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 PM

419 posts, read 1,810,392 times
Default Most Hispanics are very nice people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Some are very nice and I enjoy chatting with them. Some are not nice, some are criminals and need to be deported now. We need a "lawful" system of entry to check for criminal records and diseases.

I think one of the reasons why so many Hispanic illegal immigrants are allowed to roam free without fear of deportation is because most of them work so hard and they are so friendly. I doubt that other minority groups who have a stereotype of being lazy, loud and angry would be given as much of a break if they were illegally in this county. Mexicans are good people (99% of the time) regardless if they have papers or not.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,705,804 times
Quote:
I think one of the reasons why so many Hispanic illegal immigrants are allowed to roam free without fear of deportation is because most of them work so hard and they are so friendly. I doubt that other minority groups who have a stereotype of being lazy, loud and angry would be given as much of a break if they were illegally in this county. Mexicans are good people (99% of the time) regardless if they have papers or not.
You should meet the ones I have had the displeasure of meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or