U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 AM

419 posts, read 1,808,913 times

Advertisements

It may be time to give the necessary proper documents to the current 20 million Undocumented American Workers. Almost everyone agrees that the only people who really want them deported are a few fringe groups on the extreme radical right. Most Americans love Mexican Immigrants and welcome the addition of their fine culture and hard work to the dying insular communities in America. When you give an undocumented Mexican a job, he works really hard and shows up the native born American.

America is a land of immigrants and our native born population is dying off and retiring. It is time to open up America to a large influx of new workers. I support allowing most of these people to come from Latin America because of the huge existing Hispanic influence already in America. It will make it easier for them to assimilate than someone from Africa or Asia who speaks a language few understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 07:23 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Legal immigrants are welcome of any nationality, illegals need to go HOME!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:28 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
It may be time to give the necessary proper documents to the current 20 million Undocumented American Workers. Almost everyone agrees that the only people who really want them deported are a few fringe groups on the extreme radical right. Most Americans love Mexican Immigrants and welcome the addition of their fine culture and hard work to the dying insular communities in America. When you give an undocumented Mexican a job, he works really hard and shows up the native born American.

America is a land of immigrants and our native born population is dying off and retiring. It is time to open up America to a large influx of new workers. I support allowing most of these people to come from Latin America because of the huge existing Hispanic influence already in America. It will make it easier for them to assimilate than someone from Africa or Asia who speaks a language few understand.
Say what you will; most people whom I have spoken with are anti illegal immigration.

As for those lawbreakers who crossed our borders; they need to be booted out-------and, if it means a 'Berlin' style wall across our southern border, so be it.

That stated: if it were 1-2 millions illegals across the USA, most Americans would turn a blind eye-------7 to 20+ million is not acceptable.

Besides; there are many people who immigrated here legally------including Mexicans and most of them are highly offended at the criminals 'cutting in line'.

Our biggest problem is that cabal of enablers headed by Bush 43------he and his big business buddies. There needs to be a tribunal for that variety of traitor.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 AM

559 posts, read 1,180,099 times
America is a land of immigrants and our native born population is dying off and retiring. It is time to open up America to a large influx of new workers. I support allowing most of these people to come from Latin America because of the huge existing Hispanic influence already in America. It will make it easier for them to assimilate than someone from Africa or Asia who speaks a language few understand.[/quote]

Rather racist if you ask me..........why should hispanics get priority over Africans or Asians?

If they give amnesty to the 20 million illegals 90% of which are from Latin America/Mexico, would it be fair to cut off all immigration from those countries for 10 years so that America stays diverse and not just "brown"?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times
Quote:

Are you joking or just extremely uninformed? Polls show most Americans, including legal immigrants, want illegals gone. They do not want to reward illegal entry in to this nation. They do not want amnesty in any way shape or form. The fringe groups I know of are the ones that spew misinformation about what the majority of Americans want. Give me a break.

P.S. Since when is enforcing the law harrassment?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
What else do you want us to 'give' the citizens of another country? I think we have given enough - no matter how much we give they seem to want to 'take' more.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:

Where did you get that crock of brown stuff?

Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 AM

7,071 posts, read 10,814,553 times
Please wait 'till April Fool's Day before you post something like this, Buddy.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:

I don't believe in harrassing anybody, documented or not. I do, however, expect the legal authorities to at least "harrass" lawbreakers to the point that they refrain from breaking laws. Those authorities don't seem to be doing that very well.

As far as your point that Americans are "dying off", I think it will be a long time before we die off tio the point that we can't get by with new births and legal immigrants. Illegals aren't nearly as interested in "helping" us as in helping themselves at our expense. Please, no more "help" for now.

Lastly, your claim that they are "good people" is beside the point. Most people are "good people", even Americans. If people are undocumented, how do you KNOW they're good? The point of being undocumented is to live "outside the system". Therefore, by definition, nobody knows if they're "good" or not. It's a meaningless point to make.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Leave the driving to us.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or