U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519

Advertisements

New Border Patrol memo to all agents....no more cellphones inside the facilities else "you're fired".

After Leaked Photos Expose Unaccompanied Child Crisis, Border Patrol Agents Threatened With Firings - Katie Pavlich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Supreme Court rules against immigrants over visa eligibility
Yet another slap in the face for legal immigrants. Obama is willing to allow illegals to stay and grant them a path to citizenship, but legals must wait their turn and their children must go to the end of the line. The Obama admin is a disgrace.
Just checking. Nope nothing in this post mentioned Mexico. LOL paranoid freaks amaze me.
How this applies to legals. Legals are forced to follow the established laws. No head of line pass. No special considerations. My daughter for example has to wait 7 to 10 years before she can receive a green card.
Where Obama and company slaps all law abiding people in the face is when he proposes a path to citizenship that is completely different and free of the wait outside of this nation for the green card. break our laws and be rewarded. Obey the laws and be held to a much higher standard.
I have recently learned that any mention of illegals has suddenly become an attack against Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
 
741 posts, read 615,314 times
Reputation: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
The NYT is a disgraceful POS filthy rag whose days I pray are numbered, and will vanish.
I'm supposing you didn't read the article which is linked in the OP, in which it's clear that organizations other than the NYTimes conducted the poll.

Yes, it's easier for some people to tell us they know what the public is thinking ... and advocate the censorship of the expression of opinion by the people ... out of fear that we might learn something, on our own. That's a classic 'dictator', and '1984' way of doing things.

The many opinion polls have been clear: a majority of voters repeatedly support immigration reform along the lines of the most talked about proposals in the Congress. Republicans and Democrats, and independents.

It's time to address the issue and move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 11:37 AM
 
Location: In a chartreuse microbus
3,844 posts, read 5,104,740 times
Reputation: 7965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Impeach? Is there time enough to do it?

There are so many scandals with this administration. They do things that defy logic and appear to be so Anti American meanwhile they smile and try and spin it that they are doing it for our own good.

In another post over the latest 5 terrorist for 1 deserter debacle someone asked "who is advising Obama" more and more I'm convinced it is SATAN.

Satan, Saul Alinsky. It's a toss-up.

Saul Alinsky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 11:47 AM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
I'm supposing you didn't read the article which is linked in the OP, in which it's clear that organizations other than the NYTimes conducted the poll.

Yes, it's easier for some people to tell us they know what the public is thinking ... and advocate the censorship of the expression of opinion by the people ... out of fear that we might learn something, on our own. That's a classic 'dictator', and '1984' way of doing things.

The many opinion polls have been clear: a majority of voters repeatedly support immigration reform along the lines of the most talked about proposals in the Congress. Republicans and Democrats, and independents.

It's time to address the issue and move forward.
Bet they don't support amnesty, however. The clueless have been fooled into thinking that this is "reform" when none of our immigration laws in regards to illegal immigration are going to be "reformed".

Here's a counter poll:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...ad+Articles%29
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/07/us...on.html?ref=us

Youths Facing Deportation to Be Given Legal Counsel

Why doesn't this POS fake empty suit just start confiscating cargo ships and oil tankers, name them "Future Democrats", and send them to central and south america to collect everyone who wants to come to the US? Why even bother with the pretense of having citizenship, borders, etc.?

This moron-in-chief is exacerbating an already lunatic policy of embracing huge numbers of illegals, a situation that even the most stubborn advocates for the poor have to admit has utterly crushed the working poor and large parts of the middle class over the past 40 years. The long-term effects of unfettered illegal immigration are destructive to an extreme; loss of jobs, far higher taxpayer costs, environmental destruction, increased difficulty in finding a home, etc. - all so that the f--king democraps can get votes bought by the taxpayers.

Now he's taking billions of our tax dollars, and instead of sending these minors back to their nations of origin, is using it to give them free legal counsel to work against our legal system and help them remain in the US. Does this fool's idiotic actions know no bounds? How much longer will the public sit quietly and accept the obliteration of this country?
This was such a great country and the mouth breathers only focus on a few "inequalities" to feed the frenzy to turn it into a socialist wasteland. The only way America will go along with a dictatorship/communist/socialist in power is to import very poor and very stupid people who are desperate and would trade their souls for a bowl of beans. The democrats that hate America will win this way and only this way. There was an interesting man, who happens to be Mexican, who was very concerned for his country and owns a ranch on the border. Maybe he sees his dream slipping away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
This was such a great country and the mouth breathers only focus on a few "inequalities" to feed the frenzy to turn it into a socialist wasteland. The only way America will go along with a dictatorship/communist/socialist in power is to import very poor and very stupid people who are desperate and would trade their souls for a bowl of beans. The democrats that hate America will win this way and only this way. There was an interesting man, who happens to be Mexican, who was very concerned for his country and owns a ranch on the border. Maybe he sees his dream slipping away.
These people are also coming from countries with a different form of government and won't blink an eye about changes occurring in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
 
11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Bet they don't support amnesty, however. The clueless have been fooled into thinking that this is "reform" when none of our immigration laws in regards to illegal immigration are going to be "reformed".

Here's a counter poll:

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported | Reuters

Great link, Oldglory! Thanks for posting it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2014, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
I would love to see the wording of any poll that shows majority favor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2014, 06:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
With thousands coming in every day and no end in sight, this is going to end up costing trillions. These are very impoverished, very uneducated illegals with sky high birth rates -- they are their own nations' social problems. Now Obama is making them ours.

We've got to be the only country in the world that actually gives preference to the most incompetent, most impoverished -- and keep out those who have learned the language, who can learn the language and assimilate and are responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top