U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:00 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
O's goal is to destroy America.

Under 40's are the group that voted for him in the majority in 2012 so they made it happen.
Even though my votes for him didn't count in 2008 or 2012 (I'm in Texas), I still wish I'd stayed home or written in "Mickey Mouse" those two times. I sure wasn't going to vote for McCain or Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 09:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Even though my votes for him didn't count in 2008 or 2012 (I'm in Texas), I still wish I'd stayed home or written in "Mickey Mouse" those two times. I sure wasn't going to vote for McCain or Romney.
I never voted for Obama. A man who promises what he knows he can never deliver is a liar by any other name. I saw him as a liar when he ran in 08

Old 06-11-2014, 10:13 PM

9,427 posts, read 5,521,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And word will spread rapidly that these illegals are now living the good life and on their way to quick undeserved US citizenship and many more will come.
More reason we need to build the fence, any leftist stop us, throw them over it into the 3rd world the love oh so much.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Retain green card - Useful tips for permanent residents
This is an excellent read to understand what is expected of a legal immigrant and how they are held to a much higher standard than Obama and company hold illegals. Read the part about crimes which can and will get you deported. Claiming to be a US citizen when you are not. Moral turpitude. To steal or defraud... Drunk driving is listed. Basically break our laws and you are gone. Now why should we have a separate standard for illegals?

Old 06-12-2014, 06:53 AM

6,502 posts, read 4,862,461 times
Joe Biden: U.S. needs 'constant, unrelenting stream' of immigrants - Washington Times

Why? Do we not already have an immigration system in place that lets in hundreds of thousands every year or so? I want to hear just one major reporter ask this Administration and the rest who are crying for reform....

"Just what needs to be reformed when we do not enforce laws in place?"

"Why do we need a flood of even MORE immigrants than we already have, especially ones that are poor and low skilled, when we already have many of our own poor that we cant deal with?"

"Why has the government refused to secure the border and enforce laws on the books?"

Why the hell do these questions not get asked and demanded to be answered?!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:44 PM

175 posts, read 338,491 times
Default Why?

I cannot add anything more to the general posts...
I have always been open to anyone coming here, as long as they do so legally, stand in line, pay the entrance fees, work hard and cause no trouble...as my family from western Germany did in the very early 1900's. LEGALLY.
Tilt-you ask why Obama gets the vote? Very, very simple...
The states that are border states obviously have a higher percentage of illegals-and their families.
The government has allowed many, many formally illegals citizenship-just like he wants to let whomever gets across the border the same. Every mexican, Central American countries, Chinese, Vietnamese....you get the picture... VOTE FOR OBAMA HE WILL LET YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS INTO THE USA AND GIVE YOU EVERYTHING! Of COURSE we will vote for Obama if he gives us everything for FREE!! YIPPEE!!
They get absolutely everything handed to them for free! Food, housing, medical treatment, monies, education, assistance with jobs....how much more can I list?
After having worked in our healthcare system as a registered nurse, I saw every possible 'thing' given freely (and EXPECTED), to these illegals.
We have in our country so many, many people who worked a lifetime, thinking that sometime they would retire in a simple, comfortable remainder of their lives. They do/did not expect to be wealthy. Just enough to pay the basic bills, have good healthcare, be warm in winter, be able to eat nutritious foods. They ALREADY paid for their home, because they worked for a long time, sometimes working two full-time jobs so the house would be paid for by retirement time...
Now, with the pension fund no longer in site due to collapse of the company that they worked/invested in for so many years, they are now in their 70's, no longer healthy enough to work, and trying to live on Social Security alone. There is not enough money for doctor bills, expensive health tests, the food that is healthy is too expensive. Cheap bread, noodles, canned foods high in sodium is cheap... Electricity and other 'basics' are too expensive to have sometimes.
Because these people get $1,500 a month, they do not qualify for state/Federal aid....."sorry, your income is too high". Try paying for medications that WalMart does not have on the $10/thirty day supply list due to the initial patent still in effect!
I can verify that part, I am not elderly but these are my meds- an Epi-Pen is $350. They need to be replaced every six months. Xolair injections are more than $2000 per month. That is just the drug-not the administration at a clinic ... There are only two places in San Antonio that I am told to have the drug administered. Ad-Vair is $348/ month....none of these are covered on Medicare. Think of how many more, expensive medications the elderly (and not only elderly), need, but cannot afford!
I have seen it time and time again- when I worked on Indian reservations, absolutely EVERYTHING is handed to them- housing, food, ALL medical, (did you know body moisturizing lotion/aspirin/contact cleaner/over the counter cough syrup is considered 'medical')?! They get money each month for electric/gas bills. Food stamps. Education is free. A house is free. The majority are alcohol and drug dependent. Diabetic from handing everything to them without any effort to get it... Sit in my recliner, eat like a pig, drink beer, do drugs....EXERCISE!?! WHY WOULD I WANT TO EXERCISE?!? THAT IS TOO MUCH WORK!!!
Now look at the illegals.....same thing! Everything FREE, FREE, FREE!
These people get everything for free that the 'baby boomer', and older generations worked their As**** off for and now have nothing. They tried their damnedest to do 'The American Dream'. And now are getting less help, if any than the illegals and Indians that get it handed to them. I understand the hatred that the generation that worked so hard and now watches everything handed to these people...
No wonder the people over 40 did not vote for Obama!
We have spent billions a day in the Middle East- money that could have been used at home...
Military thought they would have great medical during their retirement years. Oh yeah...
Now, all the $$ goes to illegals, drunk Indians, making people overseas a 'better, safer life, training of crooked military who continue to expect America to bail them out of everything from crooked military, militia, crooked politicians, starvation, building cities, schools, getting our men and woman killed for a countries who hate us, yet want every possible thing provided to them by us, 'US'!
I believe in humanitarian service, but what these countries /people expect from us is FAR beyond what we need to do!
I am beginning to: UNDERSTAND THE ANIMOSITY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND ARE IN THE WORSE FINANCIAL AND HEALTH THAN THEY EVER WERE... AND THEY WATCH THESE INDIANS AND ILLEGALS GET WHAT THEY HAVE WORKED THEIR LIVES FOR TAKEN AWAY...
Something was pointed out to me recently, from a San Antonio cop/friend of mine: the majority by far are mexican illegals. They say they want to come to the US because it is better here. They get everything free, yet who are the vast majority doing the killing, robberies, violence? Mexicans. Now that piece of info was spoken by a cop that responds to calls almost every day-he sees what goes on. He is hispanic-long time family from South Dakota who answers the 911 calls and his life is at risk due to the illegals....
I see his attitude, hate to the people that sneak into the US, expect to be handed everything, then kill whomever does not hand over their wallet....
I was at first appalled by the 'purple' at the border. I did not understand, 'target practice' attitude.
I am learning.

My eyes are opening to what the creeps expect....

Stay in your own country! Go home.

We need to take care of the UNITED STATES! Period.

My eyes are opening more and more....

Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I never voted for Obama. A man who promises what he knows he can never deliver is a liar by any other name. I saw him as a liar when he ran in 08
They're all liars, I thought I was choosing the lesser of two evils.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I did not vote for him.....but, for the opposite reason....I heard what he meant.....and he has kept to his word....IMO.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha's View Post
I cannot add anything more to the general posts...
I have always been open to anyone coming here, as long as they do so legally, stand in line, pay the entrance fees, work hard and cause no trouble...as my family from western Germany did in the very early 1900's. LEGALLY.
Tilt-you ask why Obama gets the vote? Very, very simple...
The states that are border states obviously have a higher percentage of illegals-and their families.
The government has allowed many, many formally illegals citizenship-just like he wants to let whomever gets across the border the same. Every mexican, Central American countries, Chinese, Vietnamese....you get the picture... VOTE FOR OBAMA HE WILL LET YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS INTO THE USA AND GIVE YOU EVERYTHING! Of COURSE we will vote for Obama if he gives us everything for FREE!! YIPPEE!!
They get absolutely everything handed to them for free! Food, housing, medical treatment, monies, education, assistance with jobs....how much more can I list?
After having worked in our healthcare system as a registered nurse, I saw every possible 'thing' given freely (and EXPECTED), to these illegals.
We have in our country so many, many people who worked a lifetime, thinking that sometime they would retire in a simple, comfortable remainder of their lives. They do/did not expect to be wealthy. Just enough to pay the basic bills, have good healthcare, be warm in winter, be able to eat nutritious foods. They ALREADY paid for their home, because they worked for a long time, sometimes working two full-time jobs so the house would be paid for by retirement time...
Now, with the pension fund no longer in site due to collapse of the company that they worked/invested in for so many years, they are now in their 70's, no longer healthy enough to work, and trying to live on Social Security alone. There is not enough money for doctor bills, expensive health tests, the food that is healthy is too expensive. Cheap bread, noodles, canned foods high in sodium is cheap... Electricity and other 'basics' are too expensive to have sometimes.
Because these people get $1,500 a month, they do not qualify for state/Federal aid....."sorry, your income is too high". Try paying for medications that WalMart does not have on the $10/thirty day supply list due to the initial patent still in effect!
I can verify that part, I am not elderly but these are my meds- an Epi-Pen is $350. They need to be replaced every six months. Xolair injections are more than $2000 per month. That is just the drug-not the administration at a clinic ... There are only two places in San Antonio that I am told to have the drug administered. Ad-Vair is $348/ month....none of these are covered on Medicare. Think of how many more, expensive medications the elderly (and not only elderly), need, but cannot afford!
I have seen it time and time again- when I worked on Indian reservations, absolutely EVERYTHING is handed to them- housing, food, ALL medical, (did you know body moisturizing lotion/aspirin/contact cleaner/over the counter cough syrup is considered 'medical')?! They get money each month for electric/gas bills. Food stamps. Education is free. A house is free. The majority are alcohol and drug dependent. Diabetic from handing everything to them without any effort to get it... Sit in my recliner, eat like a pig, drink beer, do drugs....EXERCISE!?! WHY WOULD I WANT TO EXERCISE?!? THAT IS TOO MUCH WORK!!!
Now look at the illegals.....same thing! Everything FREE, FREE, FREE!
These people get everything for free that the 'baby boomer', and older generations worked their As**** off for and now have nothing. They tried their damnedest to do 'The American Dream'. And now are getting less help, if any than the illegals and Indians that get it handed to them. I understand the hatred that the generation that worked so hard and now watches everything handed to these people...
No wonder the people over 40 did not vote for Obama!
We have spent billions a day in the Middle East- money that could have been used at home...
Military thought they would have great medical during their retirement years. Oh yeah...
Now, all the $$ goes to illegals, drunk Indians, making people overseas a 'better, safer life, training of crooked military who continue to expect America to bail them out of everything from crooked military, militia, crooked politicians, starvation, building cities, schools, getting our men and woman killed for a countries who hate us, yet want every possible thing provided to them by us, 'US'!
I believe in humanitarian service, but what these countries /people expect from us is FAR beyond what we need to do!
I am beginning to: UNDERSTAND THE ANIMOSITY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND ARE IN THE WORSE FINANCIAL AND HEALTH THAN THEY EVER WERE... AND THEY WATCH THESE INDIANS AND ILLEGALS GET WHAT THEY HAVE WORKED THEIR LIVES FOR TAKEN AWAY...
Something was pointed out to me recently, from a San Antonio cop/friend of mine: the majority by far are mexican illegals. They say they want to come to the US because it is better here. They get everything free, yet who are the vast majority doing the killing, robberies, violence? Mexicans. Now that piece of info was spoken by a cop that responds to calls almost every day-he sees what goes on. He is hispanic-long time family from South Dakota who answers the 911 calls and his life is at risk due to the illegals....
I see his attitude, hate to the people that sneak into the US, expect to be handed everything, then kill whomever does not hand over their wallet....
I was at first appalled by the 'purple' at the border. I did not understand, 'target practice' attitude.
I am learning.

My eyes are opening to what the creeps expect....

Stay in your own country! Go home.

We need to take care of the UNITED STATES! Period.

My eyes are opening more and more....
My eyes hurt from trying to read your post.....try paragraphs next time....

Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
america has much compassion for children. there are always those who will take advantage both outside our borders and inside our borders. i am concerned about our spending. obama promised change, have we changed the mideast?
have we changed us? is detroit better? is chicago better? how much money do we owe now? have we changed? are we better?
these are questions i ask as we approach another election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or