U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Reputation: 6259

Advertisements

We need drastic action. This is the time for heroes. Who will step up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We need drastic action. This is the time for heroes. Who will step up?
Well --- getting rid of the pro-open borders Speaker of the House was pretty drastic. We have to get the bums out of office and replaced with decent individuals who will work for the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 12:08 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,222 posts, read 7,346,038 times
Reputation: 7043
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We need drastic action. This is the time for heroes. Who will step up?
He has already has stepped up: "In an attempt to stem a crush of Central American children illegally crossing the United States alone into south Texas, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced Thursday that he was in contact with ambassadors in Latin America to discuss how to more quickly return those children to their home countries."
U.S. in talks with Central American officials about immigrant children*-*Los Angeles Times

And for those who aren't aware of this, the Obama administration has a deportation record every bit as good or better than previous administrations.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...d-deportations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 12:23 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He has already has stepped up: "In an attempt to stem a crush of Central American children illegally crossing the United States alone into south Texas, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced Thursday that he was in contact with ambassadors in Latin America to discuss how to more quickly return those children to their home countries."
U.S. in talks with Central American officials about immigrant children*-*Los Angeles Times

And for those who aren't aware of this, the Obama administration has a deportation record every bit as good or better than previous administrations.
The Obama Administration's 2 Million Deportations, Explained | Mother Jones
That last sentence isn't true. Obama is not deporting them -- in his own words, he does not support deportation, he does not support stopping them at the border, and deportation is "just those stopped at the border".

These are Obama's exact words -- and very obvious he is against immigration laws of any kind, against border agents, this is recently what he told the illegals:

Interview of President Barack Obama at

Obama: Well, the main step Iím trying to take is to make sure that we pass new laws so that we do not have to deport these folks at all. But in fact they can have a path to living here legally, and ultimately becoming citizens. You know, keep in mind that most of these deportations are actually at the border. So itís people who are just being stopped. The reason that the numbers are high is because Congress doubled the number of ICE agents and custom border patrol. Itís not because this is something that I think is necessarily a kind thing or a helpful thing for many of these families. And thatís why I, knowing how painful it is for many people, want to make sure that we get comprehensive immigration reform done. Weíve gotten a bill passed through the Senate. The next step now is we got to get something through the House. And I know a lot of people sometimes say, well Obama could just do this without Congress. The problem is, is that thereís certain laws that I end up having to deal with coming out of Congress. I need a new law that puts everybody on a new legal footing. And weíve got to keep the pressure on Congress to get that done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He has already has stepped up: "In an attempt to stem a crush of Central American children illegally crossing the United States alone into south Texas, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced Thursday that he was in contact with ambassadors in Latin America to discuss how to more quickly return those children to their home countries."
U.S. in talks with Central American officials about immigrant children*-*Los Angeles Times

And for those who aren't aware of this, the Obama administration has a deportation record every bit as good or better than previous administrations.
The Obama Administration's 2 Million Deportations, Explained | Mother Jones
Obama's deportation record has been debunked in here many times. If he has such a good record then why has he instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals? Why did he give a 2 year stay of deportation to thousands of them with work permits and turn around and renew that policy just recently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Obama's deportation record has been debunked in here many times. If he has such a good record then why has he instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals? Why did he give a 2 year stay of deportation to thousands of them with work permits and turn around and renew that policy just recently?
True.....they are just letters.....some come with green cards.....some with how to apply until court date......years down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
I was reading that 2 more military bases are being covered to "orphanages" for these minors.
They didn't mention what states though.

So far I've read TX, AZ, OK, MA and NH.
And I guess it's a good thing FEMA stocked up last year because it's now all being used.

This must be massive..like over 100,000 minors or more for this kind of emergency reaction.
And now Border Patrol is being threatened with termination or criminal charges if they take any pictures or talk to any press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Reputation: 15592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I was reading that 2 more military bases are being covered to "orphanages" for these minors.
They didn't mention what states though.

So far I've read TX, AZ, OK, MA and NH.
And I guess it's a good thing FEMA stocked up last year because it's now all being used.

This must be massive..like over 100,000 minors or more for this kind of emergency reaction.
And now Border Patrol is being threatened with termination or criminal charges if they take any pictures or talk to any press.
That's disturbing. Why can't the American public be informed as to what's going on down there from people who are actually there? Looks like the govt is trying to keep this invasion under wraps and let us know only what they choose to divulge. Something is very fishy with this whole situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He has already has stepped up: "In an attempt to stem a crush of Central American children illegally crossing the United States alone into south Texas, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced Thursday that he was in contact with ambassadors in Latin America to discuss how to more quickly return those children to their home countries."
U.S. in talks with Central American officials about immigrant children*-*Los Angeles Times
And on another channel you have Joe Biden saying we need MORE..a "constant unrelenting stream".

Now I imagine Biden's video appearing on Central American TV's will have more impact than anything the ambassadors can possibly do or say.


Joe Biden: U.S. needs 'constant, unrelenting stream' of immigrants - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,866,353 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why the hell isn't congress getting involved in all of this? Are they all hiding under their chairs?
Yes. the only thing is to vote them out come November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top