U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 07:05 PM

31,653 posts, read 14,607,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then it was really ironic that she directed that comment at me (and two of my "white" friends) that immigrated their spouses (with stepchildren in my case) specifically following all immigration laws, and honored their sponsorship agreements (despite what has be alluded to on the forum). We even had some dialog about what constituted being a "race traitor". Did you read over some of those words/messages that were sent to me, and how I responded?

EDIT: I didn't trim your response, you added this sentence later:

Are you alleging (by your words) that I am also a racist?
I never called you that. Quit twisting my words. What I am saying is why is it ok for the defenders of illegal aliens to pin some motive/label (false or real) on the stance of us for the rule of law but not ok for us to do the same?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:14 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,627,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
The Heritage Foundation's comprehensive prediction that it will cost $6.3 trillion over 50 years to legalize 11 million undocumented immigrants includes the cost of putting all of them on national retirement programs, such as Social Security and Medicaid.

Heritage study author Robert Rector said half of the current population of roughly 11 million illegal immigrants has U.S.-born children that could enroll them in retirement programs, which cost taxpayers roughly $22,000 per retiree each year. And the amnesty would allow all illegal immigrants to sign up for retirement programs, and also to bring in millions of their relatives who could also sign up for the retirement programs.

The 11 million illegal immigrants have an average education equivalent to the 10th grade, said Rector. If amnestied, the May 6 Heritage Foundation report states they would be on track to received $9.3 trillion in benefits over the next 50 years, and pay $3 trillion in taxes — just like similarly unskilled Americans.

Illegal aliens eligible for benefits, says Heritage critic | The Daily Caller

Get ready for the "Illegal Babyboomer" retirement rush if amnesty is granted to the illegals in this country.
Its shame we just cannot turn off the tap for any who enters in the US Illegally. This is a old story and any Illegal should be deported unless they can show some value to America.

The Way I look at is its get they paid in the system , but it does not balance out with the cost of their Illegal status. All of their ill gotten gain should be taken away. Homes, Bank account and never mind any Citizen Benefits!

Old 06-07-2014, 07:41 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I asked you to leave my wife out of these conversations. She doesn't post in here anymore and I don't speak for her anyway. Will you ever stop with this constant repeating of the past about members who aren't even here anymore?...
You're the one talking about words being representative for the person, why would words I received by DM from an account that still exists here at C-D be off-limits? I felt offended enough to contact "Yac" about it at the time. As I said, there was even allegations about me being a "race traitor" - not standing up for other "whites" that were called racial terms. "tinman01" was the only one that stood up for me when "malamute" said ("words") that I was not honoring my sponsorship agreement for "everyone in the world" I wanted to bring here - not that it did any good, those "words" are still up over eight months later.

My perception was that "tinman01" identified me as having "self hate" in his words a few days ago - He responded to your post about people that had married legal immigrants, but were still "illegal alien defenders". He denies it applies to me - but I think he is intelligent enough to know why I could take it that way. Fine, I'm not here to make friends, but I'm not here for anyone to talk smack or do worse things because they feel justified in acting against an "illegal alien defender".

And really no, being called racial terms that you expect all other "whites" to stand up with you against really isn't equal to some of the atrocious behavior I've observed here...

Quote:
...I know one thing my wife would never accuse anyone of not migrating here legally unless she had knowledge that they didn't. Apparently migrating a spouse or family here legally doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't illegal alien sympathizers although it's very odd indeed.
Or to complete her words again, that a "white" marrying a Hispanic (specifically, remember we cannot expand it out to include other ethnicities) gives less regard to U.S. laws. Maybe that is close to your rationalization that you called it "unfortunate" that a "white" would marry a Hispanic (one of the few times I've seen you post on the Legal Immigration section). I'm fascinated by "words" too, how they are composed and used, and what slips out (sometimes called "twisted" by you, even if I provide direct quotes) - Here's to more of them.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,921 times
Quote:
I never called you that. Quit twisting my words. What I am saying is why is it ok for the defenders of illegal aliens to pin some motive/label (false or real) on the stance of us for the rule of law but not ok for us to do the same?
Why do you feel obligated to define something as a racial motive (your terminology again, not mine) back at someone else? I assure you that I'm extremely balanced in my views of ethnicities - even my own - not having any "self hate" or being a "race traitor". My marriage didn't define or change that - It probably happened because I was so open to people of all backgrounds - including the fantastic men and women I was lucky enough to serve with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or