U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
22,000,000 vets would love some pay back for being screwed over...
Yes, and $1.4 billion for the immediate health care for just this batch of Central Americans while veterans have been put on waiting lists and many have already died for lack of health care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 07:23 AM

19,988 posts, read 10,637,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, and $1.4 billion for the immediate health care for just this batch of Central Americans while veterans have been put on waiting lists and many have already died for lack of health care.
Don't you guys see this is a revolution? It's just that us old white guys who pledged allegiance to the flag and paid our taxes are on the wrong side if it. Now I know how the Brits felt losing all this.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:25 AM

19,988 posts, read 10,637,509 times
And I was dumb enough to vote for Obama simply because I'm union and thought he would stand up for union workers. I deserve this, but many of you don't.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:58 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And I was dumb enough to vote for Obama simply because I'm union and thought he would stand up for union workers. I deserve this, but many of you don't.
Well he did kinda sorta. You don't have to pay the high tax on your "cadillac health insurance" now.
The only union people who will truly benefit from Obama are the guys at the top running the show.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 PM

6,502 posts, read 4,879,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
A civil war could erupt over this. This is disgusting.
The news media will never report on this. They want amnesty. They want massive illegal immigration. They will never tell the American people what the hell is going on.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Its what you learn from it that counts.

The bottom line is, what is going on right now on the border and with this Administration regarding illegals and our border is damn near criminal. They refuse to enforce the laws, refuse to secure border and deport these people. In fact, they encourage it.

And this whole idea of Amnesty without a secure border is friggin insane. Do we ever fricking learn?! We tried this before and now the problem is even worse. Yet, hey, lets do it again! WTH is wrong with people?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:22 PM

31,919 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Its what you learn from it that counts.

The bottom line is, what is going on right now on the border and with this Administration regarding illegals and our border is damn near criminal. They refuse to enforce the laws, refuse to secure border and deport these people. In fact, they encourage it.

And this whole idea of Amnesty without a secure border is friggin insane. Do we ever fricking learn?! We tried this before and now the problem is even worse. Yet, hey, lets do it again! WTH is wrong with people?
IMO, even if a secured border was guaranteed by doing that first amnesty is still wrong because it just rewards those who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws and committed other criminal acts while living here. Not only that but we don't need these people and that's why we have quotas in the first place.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, even if a secured border was guaranteed by doing that first amnesty is still wrong because it just rewards those who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws and committed other criminal acts while living here. Not only that but we don't need these people and that's why we have quotas in the first place.
I agree. However, part of me would almost be okay with it if we did more to ensure it wouldnt happen again. Only because I realize it would be a massive undertaking to deport all of them. But they dont even want to secure the damn border, so to hell with em.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:35 PM

31,919 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Quote:
I agree. However, part of me would almost be okay with it if we did more to ensure it wouldnt happen again. Only because I realize it would be a massive undertaking to deport all of them. But they dont even want to secure the damn border, so to hell with em.
As has been repeated in here many times there is no need for a massive deportation undertaking. We just need to remove the incentives for them to remain here. Many if not most would self-deport. I oppose amnesty aka CIR, period.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:45 PM

11,584 posts, read 5,559,958 times
Quote:
No need for a "massive undertaking" of deportation when it comes to illegal aliens.

As Oldglory said, make life so tough for them that they leave on their own accord. When states like AL, AZ and GA got tough on illegals, they left and went to sanctuary states.

Also, we currently have 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force. Everybody in the work force needs to be run through E-verify to weed out the no matches. Once that is done, make E-verify the law of the land and fix it so that it picks up things like illegal aliens naming their anchor babies after themselves then using said child's SSN.

We also need to stop the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco.

If illegal aliens can't find work or access any welfare programs, then they will leave. Why stay if they can't find work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or