Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

Rumors of U.S. haven for families spur rise in illegal immigration*-*Los Angeles Times

Illegal Immigrants Intentionally Surrendering to Border Patrol to Gain Entry to US

County Attorney: Did immigration authorities violate child abuse laws? | azfamily.com Phoenix

EDITORIAL: Children's surge of illegals overwhelms southwest border - Washington Times

What they are doing is unethical, wrong, and spitting on the faces of Americans everywhere, along with our laws.

They are putting these people they claim to care about so much, in dangerous positions, as well as Americans in bad positions. The refusal to secure our border, along with refusal to act on deportations and enforcing laws, and now housing illegals on military bases!!!!!!!!......is an abomination.

They are practically begging for even more illegals, adults and children, to illegally enter this country. This has nothing to do with caring for people, this is about power. They are using these people.

We've been told time and again that our border would be secured. As far back as the early 80's. Yet here we are. We dont know how dangerous any of these people are, what diseases they carry. But hell with Americans and our lives and our laws. We need more poor, more diseased, more crime.

All this is happening, and none of them are doing a damn thing about it except encouraging it. With the exception of people like Ted Cruz and handful of others who cant do it on their own. This has got to stop. Where the hell is the rest of the country on this? They need to put down their stupid gossip mags, smart phones, etc and wake the hell up and demand action!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 AM

741 posts, read 764,249 times
Do you think starting yet another discussion which is essentially the same as other similar active discussions is going to change someone's mind? Or are you trying to convince yourself that what Americans keep saying they want .. is wrong, when America says it's right?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:13 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
The conditions at the holding facilities are in sad shape and the children/teens throw away the food we give them. Perhaps we should have a caterer come in? Well my question is.....WHERE THE HELL IS OUR DEAR GOV BREWER IN ALL THIS?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The conditions at the holding facilities are in sad shape and the children/teens throw away the food we give them. Perhaps we should have a caterer come in? Well my question is.....WHERE THE HELL IS OUR DEAR GOV BREWER IN ALL THIS?
Firstly, I've not seen previous reference to children throwing away the food given them. Do you have a source to quote/link for that assertion? Secondly, Gov. Brewer has nothing to say/do with this ... because it's a Immigration/Border Patrol action at the Federal level. Thirdly, the media has not been granted permission to visit the holding facilities (in Nogales), from what I understand, but while not the Holiday Inn I doubt the facilities are in "sad shape," especially not for the children who likely haven't been housed in facilities so nice ... in comparison to what they're accustomed to in Central America.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:33 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,419 times
"WHERE THE HELL IS OUR DEAR GOV BREWER IN ALL THIS?"

Governor Brewer is getting payback from Obama in the same fashion Governor Christie got back at the Mayor of Fort Lee with the bridge lane closings, bully politics. Governor Brewer is the only politician to take action on illegals in a State with a large majority of South of the border folks both legal and illegal vs pandering to them for votes. Obama didn't even tell her to expect visitors to be dumped at the nearest bus station.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Do you think starting yet another discussion which is essentially the same as other similar active discussions is going to change someone's mind? Or are you trying to convince yourself that what Americans keep saying they want .. is wrong, when America says it's right?
Do you actually think that most Americans are ok with this new influx of thousands of women and children that have flooded our borders and the ensuing costs to our nation? Is that what you think that most Americans want? Really?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Firstly, I've not seen previous reference to children throwing away the food given them. Do you have a source to quote/link for that assertion? Secondly, Gov. Brewer has nothing to say/do with this ... because it's a Immigration/Border Patrol action at the Federal level. Thirdly, the media has not been granted permission to visit the holding facilities (in Nogales), from what I understand, but while not the Holiday Inn I doubt the facilities are in "sad shape," especially not for the children who likely haven't been housed in facilities so nice ... in comparison to what they're accustomed to in Central America.
Their eggs were "cold" and the burritos didn't taste good.

Consul: Illegal Immigrant Children Complaining Burritos, Eggs They Are Being Fed Making Them Sick « CBS Houston
Tony Banegas, consul of Honduras to Arizona, tells KPHO-TV that the children have been complaining about the food they have been getting at the shelter.
“This morning they switched to burritos, but they complained the eggs were cold,” Banegas told KPHO. “They couldn’t eat them and even made them sick. They complained they had a burrito but had to throw it in the trash.”

Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Border Patrol took pictures and release them to the MSM.
Border Patrol admins put out a memo yesterday (I linked in another thread) threatening to fire any employee taking pictures and forbid devices into the holding areas.

You are not "aware" of any of this because you are not reading the news stories.

U.S. Air base in Texas flooded immigrant children who crossed border without adults | Mail Online

Old 06-11-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
"WHERE THE HELL IS OUR DEAR GOV BREWER IN ALL THIS?"

Governor Brewer is getting payback from Obama in the same fashion Governor Christie got back at the Mayor of Fort Lee with the bridge lane closings, bully politics. Governor Brewer is the only politician to take action on illegals in a State with a large majority of South of the border folks both legal and illegal vs pandering to them for votes. Obama didn't even tell her to expect visitors to be dumped at the nearest bus station.
There is nothing any state Governor can do because this is a "Federal matter".

You know that the Governors of border states have had their hand slapped and told they cannot do anything regarding immigration because that is a Federal matter. Holder came down pretty hard when Perry wanted to send the Texas Guard down to the border to help Border Patrol. He was told to back off or face the wrath of the DOJ.

And the Fed chose to do NOTHING.
And now Camp of the Saints has become a reality for us.

No one gets deported.
No one gets detained.
Illegals are guaranteed rights.
Certain welfare programs are open to them.
They can legally work in the US.
We're debating allowing them to join the US Military.

"Stealth Amnesty" has been so successful that Central Americans are now making the trek.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Their eggs were "cold" and the burritos didn't taste good.

Consul: Illegal Immigrant Children Complaining Burritos, Eggs They Are Being Fed Making Them Sick « CBS Houston
Tony Banegas, consul of Honduras to Arizona, tells KPHO-TV that the children have been complaining about the food they have been getting at the shelter.
“This morning they switched to burritos, but they complained the eggs were cold,” Banegas told KPHO. “They couldn’t eat them and even made them sick. They complained they had a burrito but had to throw it in the trash.”
Thanks for the link to the article.

Well, if food served to people/children made some of them sick (we don't know how many people were ill - the "they" referred to in the comments) .. I'll suggest one of two things is happening: 1) there's something wrong with the food and it's preparation, otherwise hungry people wouldn't get sick; or 2) the children are suffereing from other health/illness issues which prevents them from digesting/ingesting food. I didn't interpret the remarks in the article in a way which would lead me to believe someone is suggesting an improved menu, just preparation of food which you and I would also want (primarily ... sanitary, correct temperature).

Regarding earlier references to Gov. Brewer: I do see in the linked article that Arizona has been asked to provide medical supplies for the children. I don't think we know if the Governor has allowed the supplies to be provided or if they're Federally-supplied/Arizona-stockpiled/maintained items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration