Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:22 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
You can make the case that illegal workers aren't subject to our laws because of their very status- they aren't citizens of legal residents. The most the US government can - and should- do is deport them. American EMPLOYERS on the other hand, ARE subject to American laws and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. As someone pointed out, how can we expect people who come here to follow the rules (getting a visa, etc.) when our very own citizens don't???
As our Jewish friends might say, this is the ultimate example of "Chutzpah"---as if to say, "But, Officer, you've got the wrong guy! I don't HAVE to obey the law! I'm ILLEGAL, remember ?"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeeParis View Post
Simple, White people put money above their race. They put money above their own comrades, women, and children. The put money above the quality of life in their own country. That's why they hire illegals instead of Americans.
This isn't altogether true...in fact, quite the opposite has been known to occur. In the remoter parts of the South and Midwest, way back in the hills and "off the grid", are a considerable number of White People who put their RACE above money. In fact, some of them put their RACE even above cleaning up their yards. You could almost say they put their race above EVERYTHING. They don't seem to have any particular ability to acquire money, but they DEFINITELY have some strong opinions about race....theirs, mine, and yours as well. And while a good number of Whites dislike illegal immigrants because they're ILLEGAL, these particular whites dislike them because they're IMMIGRANTS.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:31 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
As our Jewish friends might say, this is the ultimate example of "Chutzpah"---as if to say, "But, Officer, you've got the wrong guy! I don't HAVE to obey the law! I'm ILLEGAL, remember ?"....
LOL . . . good one, Macmeal

It would be even funnier if not so "right on"!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Odd that someone wouldn't look for a job in their own country...
Just to make a point, and I can't stress this enough, the Pew Hispanic Center found that 95% of illegals from Mexico were employed before entering the US. I stress this point to dispell the myth that illegals (from Mexico, anyway) are starving people who would perish if not for entering the US illegally.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:52 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeeParis View Post
Simple, White people put money above their race. They put money above their own comrades, women, and children. The put money above the quality of life in their own country. That's why they hire illegals instead of Americans.
I know a mom who has hired a steady stream of illegal nannies from Russia, Ireland, etc. pretty white. I do agree that the illegal employers put money above the quality of life in their own country.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:39 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
I know a mom who has hired a steady stream of illegal nannies from Russia, Ireland, etc. pretty white. I do agree that the illegal employers put money above the quality of life in their own country.
Well you know what they should be turned in. Because Illegal is ILLEGAL! Does not matter what country you are from, Russia, Ireland. Mexico who gives a care all that should matter is that they are ILLEGAL! Turn em in!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This isn't altogether true...in fact, quite the opposite has been known to occur. In the remoter parts of the South and Midwest, way back in the hills and "off the grid", are a considerable number of White People who put their RACE above money. In fact, some of them put their RACE even above cleaning up their yards. You could almost say they put their race above EVERYTHING. They don't seem to have any particular ability to acquire money, but they DEFINITELY have some strong opinions about race....theirs, mine, and yours as well. And while a good number of Whites dislike illegal immigrants because they're ILLEGAL, these particular whites dislike them because they're IMMIGRANTS.
And the ironic part is that many 'hillbillies' probably have Black and/or American Indian in their recent family trees. Any way they want to spin it; all too many of 'em are genetically inbred as it is.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Just to make a point, and I can't stress this enough, the Pew Hispanic Center found that 95% of illegals from Mexico were employed before entering the US. I stress this point to dispell the myth that illegals (from Mexico, anyway) are starving people who would perish if not for entering the US illegally.
This is true. Mexico is a very "normal" country, perhaps even more affluent than the world's average. The unique relationship between Mexico and the US is largely a function of geography, and the fact that the US is NOT a normal country, it's among the richest.

Life in Mexico is tough, but usually not desperate. The simple fact is that a person can quadruple his income (or more), PLUS tap into huge benefits, by a simple "move" across a largely-ignored border. They see us ignoring our OWN laws, and simply arrive to take the "benefit of the doubt". They'll continue to come until they're told to stop--that's just human nature.

Truly DESPERATE people, many of whom live in distant parts of the world, do not have the means (or in some cases, even the strength) to get here---illegal immigration from Latin America is an economic controversy, and a question of national sovereignty, but NOT a humanitarian crisis. But it's often described as such, to gain sympathy.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:53 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Any third worlder with a TV (antennas on top of the shacks) is going to see the disparity in "riches" between their country and ours. It makes them angry, jealous and greedy no doubt. And Mexico being so close, and being comprised of millions of poverty laden, desperate individuals, make the trek over to get the "goodies" they feel they deserve. And the craftier ones have trumped up the idea that they still own the land! Anything to get the goods. Is the age old "haves" vs. "have nots". So they are just going to come over. Is our job to stop them.

So, I totally blame our foolish and cowardly government for not stopping the invasion. Both sides of the aisle equally to blame, but the Turncoat in the White House is on watch now, and doing NOTHING to protect us. May he burn....

Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
They aren't starving. In fact Mexico is now facing an obesity epidemic.

It's not about starving. They come basically for two reasons. Some are actually good hard workers who will never get ahead no matter how hard they work if they stay in Mexico. They are Mexico's would-be middle class but in Mexico hard work does not get you into the middle class.

Others come for food stamps, free health care, and the other big social safety net programs here. Since they can't learn English or much of anything else, and aren't motivated to work very hard, they will not make it here with their very large families by working for a living. They also have caught on to the idea that out-of-wedlock birth gets them more government handouts so the illegitimacy rate of Mexicans is skyrocketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration