U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:38 AM

16,698 posts, read 8,643,559 times

Advertisements

Stupid question. Why would we deport those potential Democrat voters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:55 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,623,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Hell NO!! They are not our countrymen. Let them fend for themselves in their country like we are forced to do here in this country.
I agree, and they should not be allowed any public programs what so ever.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:14 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,866,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't think that is necessary nor advisable. Put up warning signs and build a wall in the most porous places on the border that delivers a non-fatal electric shock. Combine that with removing the incentives to come here (which has been discussed in here over and over) and we'd have illegal immigration down to a trickle. One of my biggest concerns are terrorists and criminals getting through. They aren't looking for jobs so therefore the wall would be a big detterant to them. Are there other ways for them to
get into our country? Certainly, but let's plug all the holes we can and make it harder for them to get into this country.
Yes to all of this.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:33 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,000,395 times
If there are no jobs for them and no government help for them they will leave on their own. There would be a mass exodus of illegals leaving. Also, not granting citizenship to babies born here to an illegal mother would definitely help. This action alone would make people thinking of coming here just for that reconsider.

Also, there is simply not enough jobs for everyone. These people come here with no or low skills. How many dish washing jobs need to be filled? How many construction jobs need to be filled? How many warehouse jobs need to be filled? How many hotel maid jobs need to be filled? It's obvious the new-era illegal comes here for the handouts.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not saying dump them over the border and leave them to die of thirst or starve, I'm saying return them to their homes and give them a little help moneywise to get reestablished in their own country.

And maybe an application for citizenship legally.

To me, that is the humanitarian thing to do. Sure it will cost a lot, but so will the new border security that I want to see as well. And by that I mean a million more heavily armed border troops, electronic measures and drones patrolling 24/7.

We have to get this thing under control if our country is to have any future. And illegals caught are immediately returned but no one gets through.

what the hell is undocumented?

throw all criminal illegal aliens out of the USA. also any child born here can go to until the are 18 or are emancipated from their parents, or are willing to be adopted to a resident of the USA.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 AM

16,698 posts, read 8,643,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
what the hell is undocumented?

throw all criminal illegal aliens out of the USA. also any child born here can go to until the are 18 or are emancipated from their parents, or are willing to be adopted to a resident of the USA.

They are potential voters for the Democrats. It would be crazy to deport them, losing those votes.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They are potential voters for the Democrats. It would be crazy to deport them, losing those votes.
Uh; not all Dems want amnesty for ANY illegal alien, even Dream Act people.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; not all Dems want amnesty for ANY illegal alien, even Dream Act people.
Apparently those in power do.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:18 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

so what you are saying, is the dems cannot win an election with having criminal illegal aliens helping them, or without people voting more than once to help dems get elected.

GREAT

Old 06-24-2014, 12:38 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not saying dump them over the border and leave them to die of thirst or starve, I'm saying return them to their homes and give them a little help moneywise to get reestablished in their own country.

And maybe an application for citizenship legally.

To me, that is the humanitarian thing to do. Sure it will cost a lot, but so will the new border security that I want to see as well. And by that I mean a million more heavily armed border troops, electronic measures and drones patrolling 24/7.

We have to get this thing under control if our country is to have any future. And illegals caught are immediately returned but no one gets through.
Give them money and return them home? Ah, no! Since they broke the law, have no respect for our laws, no application for citizenship.

The humanitarian thing to do is stop them from coming into the country but that won't happen because they are a source of cheap labor. It is just a fact that this could have been gotten under control a LONG time ago but that the elected officials simply refuse to serve the legal citizens and for some reason that I will never understand, people keep voting the same losers in election after election. Cheap labor/votes - makes them all happy!

At this point, I wouldn't mind the government giving me and my family a free ride to another country along with some money to set up.

No one that breaks the law should be rewarded. E-verify alone would work wonders and makes a rule that anyone in the country illegally that gives birth gives birth to an illegal immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or