U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2014, 02:03 PM
 
118 posts, read 125,640 times
Reputation: 368

Advertisements

Sorry I am not buying the "source of cheap labor" refrain. How is paying someone in CA$H- that doesn't report earnings to the IRS, and sends all profits/extra $$ "back home" cheap? And another thing- they are NOT cheap- in fact, I know personally of two housekeepers (illegals, of course) that earn more per hour as housekeepers than a national franchise housekeeping company charges per hour for homes. Don't ask how much they are making- just thinking about it makes me ill. Their employers- wealthy Palo Alto homeowners- pat themselves on the back for being so "caring" and "helping". It is considered out of the ordinary and not accepted to hire Americans as help in Silicon Valley. It's all "Stepford Wives" there and no one does anything different than their neighbor. This is just ONE area- all over America this is de riguer.

What America needs to address is the millions of people that are importing nothing but poverty into this country. Would we as a nation accept millions upon millions of unemployed Brits, or Egyptians, or illiterate Iraqis here?

What we need to do is start marching on up to every one of our local city or town councils DEMANDING that our councilpersons do all they can to disallow any illegals being housed, processed, or kept in our cities and towns. Lawrenceville VA did it- they stopped their city from becoming another national "housing" area for the "children" (more like hulking sullen teenagers-almost all males, of course) all these illegals are pushing across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
 
16,792 posts, read 8,703,635 times
Reputation: 4734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; not all Dems want amnesty for ANY illegal alien, even Dream Act people.
Majority of them do, and those Democrat politicians, who you people voted into power, do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2014, 04:26 PM
 
16,792 posts, read 8,703,635 times
Reputation: 4734
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so what you are saying, is the dems cannot win an election with having criminal illegal aliens helping them, or without people voting more than once to help dems get elected.


GREAT
I am saying since the illegals are potential Democrat voters (75% of them at least), the Democrats would be stupid to deport them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2014, 04:54 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 15,984,530 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by macluffy View Post
Sorry I am not buying the "source of cheap labor" refrain. How is paying someone in CA$H- that doesn't report earnings to the IRS, and sends all profits/extra $$ "back home" cheap? And another thing- they are NOT cheap- in fact, I know personally of two housekeepers (illegals, of course) that earn more per hour as housekeepers than a national franchise housekeeping company charges per hour for homes. Don't ask how much they are making- just thinking about it makes me ill. Their employers- wealthy Palo Alto homeowners- pat themselves on the back for being so "caring" and "helping". It is considered out of the ordinary and not accepted to hire Americans as help in Silicon Valley. It's all "Stepford Wives" there and no one does anything different than their neighbor. This is just ONE area- all over America this is de riguer.

What America needs to address is the millions of people that are importing nothing but poverty into this country. Would we as a nation accept millions upon millions of unemployed Brits, or Egyptians, or illiterate Iraqis here?

What we need to do is start marching on up to every one of our local city or town councils DEMANDING that our councilpersons do all they can to disallow any illegals being housed, processed, or kept in our cities and towns. Lawrenceville VA did it- they stopped their city from becoming another national "housing" area for the "children" (more like hulking sullen teenagers-almost all males, of course) all these illegals are pushing across.
I have a wealthy Laguna Bch friend that does the same thing. She pays her illegal gardeners, maids well. In San Antonio, my sister couldn't find a decent maid because the damn gringas pay better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2014, 05:28 PM
 
21,497 posts, read 10,727,866 times
Reputation: 8753
Obama will absolutely do what he does best; nothing.

He will sit on the problem, discuss it, hold endless meetings, convene a panel to "study" the issue, be unhappy with the outcome, tell them to try again.

Anything except to actually do something about the issue.

Oh, and to be exceptionally well-spoken and clean while doing nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2014, 08:01 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 2,181,128 times
Reputation: 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I wish less of the debate around illegal immigration centered around fantasies like this.

How on earth would the government be able to identify, locate, apprehend and deport a population of almost 12 million people spread out over all 50 states? It just isn't possible. Even if it were, the costs of such an operation in terms of money, manpower and equipment would be staggering. The political fallout would be disastrous as well, as federal agents turned communities all over the country upside down in their mad hunt for "illegals." And that is before we even consider the diplomatic disaster that treating millions of Mexican nationals in this way would create between the U.S. and its second largest trading partner.

It will never happen. I will never happen because it cannot happen.

Pass legislation: Free mandatory government English lessons, five years hence, if you are under 50 and cannot speak English, of course assuming you are not mute. It's probable cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2014, 05:45 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Reputation: 22174
Really all they need to do us cut off all welfare handouts, end food stamps to all illegals so they stop coming here to give birth, hold them responsible for their hospital and medical bills, fine all who employ them and most will self deport.

They are not coming here because they can afford the high cost of living. They come because they aren't expected to pay their own way, a birth at taxpayer expense wins them a free pass around the immigration laws and every sort of welfare handout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2014, 10:22 AM
 
16,792 posts, read 8,703,635 times
Reputation: 4734
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Really all they need to do us cut off all welfare handouts, end food stamps to all illegals so they stop coming here to give birth, hold them responsible for their hospital and medical bills, fine all who employ them and most will self deport.

They are not coming here because they can afford the high cost of living. They come because they aren't expected to pay their own way, a birth at taxpayer expense wins them a free pass around the immigration laws and every sort of welfare handout.

The biggest draws to the illegals are:
1. works
2. amnesty

Cut both off, they will go back.

Another way is to make their governments pay for all the costs. I don't see why we can't make Mexican government pay for it since they have all the major illegal crossings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2014, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times
Reputation: 27524
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Obama will absolutely do what he does best; nothing.

He will sit on the problem, discuss it, hold endless meetings, convene a panel to "study" the issue, be unhappy with the outcome, tell them to try again.

Anything except to actually do something about the issue.

Oh, and to be exceptionally well-spoken and clean while doing nothing.
Not true.
We are feeding them, clothing them, health and dental are taken care of.
They are relocated and provided lawyers to represent them.
And Obama extended the 2 year deferred deportation for 2 more years.

All at taxpayer expense.

Obama is doing plenty for the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2014, 01:46 PM
 
31,888 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8502
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The biggest draws to the illegals are:
1. works
2. amnesty

Cut both off, they will go back.

Another way is to make their governments pay for all the costs. I don't see why we can't make Mexican government pay for it since they have all the major illegal crossings.
Another draw is giving birth on our soil and being able to tap into our welfare coffers through them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top