U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:23 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,902,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
When shall I expect the self deportations to commence.

Reggie
When Our fed makes E-Verify mandatory with massive fines and penalties for any employer caught hiring illegals.
When our FED passes laws that any illegal caught will not only be deported, but all assets seized to help pay for the cost of deportation.
I would also like to see an E-Verify required for all landlords.
Make life impossible and they will leave. Yes some might stay, those who live with legal residents or citizens, but most will self deport rather than risk loosing all their gains. We have seen it in cities where they cracked down on illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:39 AM

16,721 posts, read 8,672,587 times
Look guys, this really has nothing to do with laws and orders or how to deport the illegals.

It is simply because the Democrats want votes from those illegals. With this humongous batch of illegals becoming citizens, the Democrats will secure their position for the time to come because 75% of these illegals-turned-citizens will vote for them.

You may ask what about the country and its people being screwed by this raw deal? Well, the Democrats don't give a crap about that.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 06-27-2014 at 11:05 AM..

Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 AM

16,797 posts, read 9,506,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those who hire illegal aliens are not patriotic Americans! I don't have faith in the feds to start enforcing our immigration laws either but it is people like you with a defeatist attitude that allows them to keep doing so. They count on the sheeple population of this country with no fighting spirit. Why not join the fight against illegal immigration instead? There is power in numbers you know. No "we" didn't put out the welcome mat. At least not the majority of Americans and the majority does rule, don't they? I'm not paying for anyone else's mistakes. Maybe you are willing to but I'm not.

Years ago when Bush, Jr. was president we patriotic Americans shut down the phone lines in protest over his proposed amnesty. We can do the same with our unsecured borders and stop this insanity once and for all.
You folks are just plain weird in your disconnect. BORDERS ~ as in plural? You seriously believe you've got illegal Canadians coming down there to mow your lawns in numbers that preclude you at least making an effort to discriminate between illegal latinos walking into your country and the countrymen north of you where the rule of law is applied and I guarandamntee you if a Canadian retiree snowbird answers just one of those stupid inane border agent questions wrong such as "have you ever won a lottery" we get told to turn around and fugg off and don't bother trying to cross again for five or more years.

You can apply all kinds of rigid bullcrap to your northern border against people simply wanting to come down and spend pension money but for some reason another culture is allowed, or even ENCOURAGED, to enter illegally.

You only have a problem with your greed for cheap labour and future votes.

Whaassssup?

Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 AM

31,751 posts, read 14,639,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You folks are just plain weird in your disconnect. BORDERS ~ as in plural? You seriously believe you've got illegal Canadians coming down there to mow your lawns in numbers that preclude you at least making an effort to discriminate between illegal latinos walking into your country and the countrymen north of you where the rule of law is applied and I guarandamntee you if a Canadian retiree snowbird answers just one of those stupid inane border agent questions wrong such as "have you ever won a lottery" we get told to turn around and fugg off and don't bother trying to cross again for five or more years.

You can apply all kinds of rigid bullcrap to your northern border against people simply wanting to come down and spend pension money but for some reason another culture is allowed, or even ENCOURAGED, to enter illegally.

Whaassssup?
There are illegals getting thru our border with Canada also but not near the number coming thru our southern border. Is that not a fact? Most Americans are not greedy employers who hire illegal aliens and it is only the Democrats in congress that are pandering for future votes. Most regular Americans are patriots for the rule of law. Unfortunately, it is far too many in our government who apparently aren't. Yes, change is due and I will fight for change till my dying breath.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:08 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,902,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Whaassssup?
Most recognize that our border with Canada isn't a problem. Canadians tend to go home after a vista south. It is the illegal alien sympathizers who demand that the northern border should get the same attention as the southern border and call anyone who points out the fact, that the majority of illegals are from south of the border racists.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:58 AM

16,797 posts, read 9,506,663 times
Quote:
There are illegals getting thru our border with Canada also but not near the number coming thru our southern border. Is that not a fact? Most Americans are not greedy employers who hire illegal aliens and it is only the Democrats in congress that are pandering for future votes. Most regular Americans are patriots for the rule of law. Unfortunately, it is far too many in our government who apparently aren't. Yes, change is due and I will fight for change till my dying breath.
Yeah, but those ones get sent back tuite-suite; is that not also a fact? They don't get the offer of free education, legal representation or a driver's license to enable them to work at a job an American should be doing, in fact any Canadians caught working down there illegally gets a full court IRS enema as they should.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:44 PM

673 posts, read 553,243 times
Thumbs up Identifying illegal aliens

Quote:
The pro-illegals would cry "racial profiling". The police cannot question someone based on their looks nor should they be able to. I'm all for ridding ourselves of illegal aliens in this country but the law must be followed to do so. Even though most illegal aliens are from Mexico there are millions who are here legally also. How can you tell the difference? My guess is that most hanging out on corners looking for work are illegal aliens but again it is up to LE to determine that. The feds do need to start conducting raids on businesses also but that all stopped when Obama took office.
In the face of the crisis we are now experiencing with the number of illegals crashing our borders, the individuals who are here legally could agree to helping by carrying around their legalization documents. Surely, this should trump "racial profiling", especially if it's to ensure our country's safety and viability. Just because we "might offend" someone who fits the illegal profile is not a good enough reason to completely abrogate our efforts to try to identify who's legal and who's not.

To illustrate this, let's take this a step further...when investigating a criminal who just robbed a store, whose physical description, let's say, is a "Caucasian, tall, skinny, blonde", a "model-type", do we investigate the Asian man down the block who was in the vicinity at the time? NO! The detectives look for, and would focus on the "tall, skinny, Caucasian, and blonde model-types". Is this racial profiling, then?

What about the hundreds of other non-offenders in that area who also happen to be "tall, white, skinny blondes"? Should they be offended about being identified as a potential suspect? Questioned? Profiled? Sure...I think they would be offended...I'd be offended and inconvenienced.

However, I would understand that it's in deference to the BIGGER issue of trying to identify and locate this "skinny, tall, white, model-type" who is the real criminal!

Therefore, one cannot really "discriminate" between one type of racial profiling versus another...in other words, and perhaps unfortunately, some form of racial profiling MUST be in place for our law enforcement agencies to efficiently do their jobs.

So, if we understand that "X%" of illegals are of a particular race, are from a particular country, speak a language from these countries, or have other identifying commonalities, then by all means, we have to include these parameters so we can identify potential illegals and criminals. It IS profiling! However, this "profiling" IS necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
When Our fed makes E-Verify mandatory with massive fines and penalties for any employer caught hiring illegals.
When our FED passes laws that any illegal caught will not only be deported, but all assets seized to help pay for the cost of deportation.
I would also like to see an E-Verify required for all landlords.
Make life impossible and they will leave. Yes some might stay, those who live with legal residents or citizens, but most will self deport rather than risk loosing all their gains. We have seen it in cities where they cracked down on illegals.
OK - so you've identified a couple of viable sources from which illegals could be tracked down...great! Add to those, institutions who provide health care, such as hospitals and community clinics. These institutions record the patient's address, insurance (or lack thereof), whether the patient is on Medicaid, etc.

This data should NOT be included as part of the patient's private medical information. If the address or insurance status DOES fall under the current HIPPA laws, then it should be amended. This information should be made available in order to provide scrutiny for the identification of criminals illegally using the resources of the US and HHS.

Continuing the scrutiny at hospitals, law enforcement can already call around to different hospitals when pursuing a criminal, who for example, was shot in an armed robbery attempt. THIS type of information is not protected under privacy laws. The hospital involved CAN tell law enforcement that a specific patient came in with gunshot wounds. So, in this vein, suspected illegals should/could certainly be identified, with this info passed on from hospitals and clinics to the law agencies.

Ditto regarding such info from our schools. Review the records of each and every student, and compare addresses, free school lunch programs, and other pre-determined list of "qualifiers" that may identify illegal aliens. Certainly, the teachers and principals of any school have ideas of who may be illegals. For heaven's sake, even my elementary-aged children could identify these illegals in their classes!

We can argue all day about what is racial profiling, invasion of privacy, and other such "fine lines" of what our rights include and don't include. Of late, many of us are feeling our privacy is being infringed upon. For instance, what about those "Big Brother" cameras set up at stop lights, or positioned around city streets? Our lives aren't private anymore! It's my personal belief that it's no body's business where I am or what I'm doing on a particular day. Those cameras invade my privacy and infringe upon my rights.

But, if those cameras are legal and are going to stay in place, then most certainly, information regarding where someone lives, or which HHS are being used/abused by criminals is not that big of a stretch.

Also, what about the Census takers? That's a HUGE project to accomplish as well as a HUGE potential resource to identify illegals. This process provides access to almost every citizen. It can certainly assist in identifying illegals and where to find them.

Therefore, it IS possible to find the illegals already here and deport them; it's just going to be a complex and multi-faceted approach. And yes, it WILL be costly. But in the end, it would assist in securing our country's economic sustainability as well as safety (terrorists posing as Mexican illegals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Look guys, this really has nothing to do with laws and orders or how to deport the illegals.

It is simply because the Democrats want votes from those illegals. With this humongous batch of illegals becoming citizens, the Democrats will secure their position for the time to come because 75% of these illegals-turned-citizens will vote for them.

You may ask what about the country and its people being screwed by this raw deal? Well, the Democrats don't give a crap about that.
I certainly do agree with this one! I'd think that democratic voters who are on the dole wouldn't vote to abolish their cash cow! Do you?

Old 06-27-2014, 02:25 PM

16,721 posts, read 8,672,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post

I certainly do agree with this one! I'd think that democratic voters who are on the dole wouldn't vote to abolish their cash cow! Do you?
They aren't that smart to understand that. If they were, they wouldn't vote for the Democrats.

They believe their cash cow is infinite and would never be sucked dry.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:42 PM

31,751 posts, read 14,639,851 times
Law enforcement is under such scrutiny these days over questioning anyone's status in this country and could be subject to a law suit for doing so they have to be very careful to follow the letter of the law. The advocacy groups for illegal aliens are just looking for any little thing whereby they can claim racial profiling. Add to it that they can't detain/deport anyone here illegally unless they have a criminal record and theirs and ICE's hands are pretty much tied. This is the unfortunate truth.

Schools and hospitals are not allowed to inquire about a person's status in this country either. It's to protect illegal aliens by grand design.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:45 PM

673 posts, read 553,243 times
Lightbulb Profiling? NO!!!!

Quote:
Law enforcement is under such scrutiny these days over questioning anyone's status in this country and could be subject to a law suit for doing so they have to be very careful to follow the letter of the law. The advocacy groups for illegal aliens are just looking for any little thing whereby they can claim racial profiling. Add to it that they can't detain/deport anyone here illegally unless they have a criminal record and theirs and ICE's hands are pretty much tied. This is the unfortunate truth.

Schools and hospitals are not allowed to inquire about a person's status in this country either. It's to protect illegal aliens by grand design.
I realize all you are saying above - especially about the hospitals and schools. Note that in my post, I didn't say to "ask" about the person's status, however. Was careful about that. There are a bunch of parameters (the "profile") where one can pretty much deduce if a person is an illegal or not.

It's these people, identified from the profile, that a task force or law enforcement agency may be able to investigate ask for identification and further information.

Old Glory, I know about this first-hand. I worked in one of these situations (I won't identify which, right now) for 10 years. All of us there could identify (without asking) who was illegal, and who wasn't, pretty much 90 to 100% of the time.

What burned me up about it, is that I observed our tax dollars pay for food, medical care, education, housing, transportation, and all the other services one could imagine to an illegal alien and/or their family, when my own hard-working sister (who had just experienced a series of very unfortunate events) was refused the same. Ironically, she had been paying into our tax system, while these over-staying "visitors" had not.

I bet you that if the "advocacy" groups had this happen to someone in their family, more laws would change. Of course, the born and bred politicians and other so-called "elites" don't ever have first-hand experience with this, given their silver spoons...

Someone mentioned a march in an earlier post, or other modes to demand changes to our system to address this crisis of illegals. I agree that it's time...and I promise to be out protesting, too. Realizing the dire straights that we are facing as a nation, perhaps our law and policy-makers can amend or otherwise adjust just how we can identify these illegals and get them out!

Please read the article I posted earlier in this thread, folks - it's illuminating, and presents the case of exactly why our country can not sustain itself with this problem anymore. We must do something NOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or