U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 AM

16,694 posts, read 8,635,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
OK....how do we collect???

Dealing with immigration is VERY expensive now.....that is one reason many do not.

I am sure I had $30,000 in getting my x-husband's immigration status adjusted.....it is a long expensive process.

At each border crossing or at the visa application time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 09:21 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
At each border crossing or at the visa application time.
The visa.

Every paper was expensive......and he had to enter the US legally.....so he had to go back to Hondurans....get a passport....go to the US consulate and get his visa.

All of the documentation we got from the government sounded like he was in Honduras....he was in the US.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
The visa.

Every paper was expensive......and he had to enter the US legally.....so he had to go back to Hondurans....get a passport....go to the US consulate and get his visa.

All of the documentation we got from the government sounded like he was in Honduras....he was in the US.

I don't think I understand. I was talking about set up a fine for every foreigner to recover the cost of dealing with illegals.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I don't think I understand. I was talking about set up a fine for every foreigner to recover the cost of dealing with illegals.
How would you collect???

Those here legally have paid.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
How would you collect???

Those here legally have paid.
At every port entry and at the time of visa application. Make them pay more. If they dont like to pay, either don't come to USA or fix their migrants problem.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
At every port entry and at the time of visa application. Make them pay more. If they dont like to pay, either don't come to USA or fix their migrants problem.
And just how would that stop the illegals????

That is the problem.

You would have to charge Canadians every day when they come to work.

How much would you charge???

$500 per crossing???

Old 06-16-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
And just how would that stop the illegals????

That is the problem.

You would have to charge Canadians every day when they come to work.

How much would you charge???

$500 per crossing???

Like I said, the fine should be tied to their country's violation level. For Canadians, that would be zero dollar. For Mexicans, that may be $2000-$5000 per crossing.

Once we have that implemented, the Mexicans woulds top their own migrants in short order.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Like I said, the fine should be tied to their country's violation level. For Canadians, that would be zero dollar. For Mexicans, that may be $2000-$5000 per crossing.

Once we have that implemented, the Mexicans woulds top their own migrants in short order.
Good luck with this....

We can not guard our boarders now.

Or, we won't.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:21 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Default Deport all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not saying dump them over the border and leave them to die of thirst or starve, I'm saying return them to their homes and give them a little help moneywise to get reestablished in their own country.

And maybe an application for citizenship legally.

To me, that is the humanitarian thing to do. Sure it will cost a lot, but so will the new border security that I want to see as well. And by that I mean a million more heavily armed border troops, electronic measures and drones patrolling 24/7.

We have to get this thing under control if our country is to have any future. And illegals caught are immediately returned but no one gets through.
The Problem is people get caught up in lets be flexible here. The Problem is most illegal Immigrants thoughtfully broke American Law and countless of fraudulent applications . Housing to Medicare to educating their children.

There has been many opportunities o come out of the shadows , but they still refuse. As a result in some cases these people are here for 20 years in Illegal Status with no intention in becoming a citizen's or even getting a green card.

Then this turns into a generational problem where we now have US Born kids with Illegal Parents. This indeed is a slippery slope.

The Solution is to deport every who broken American law and confiscate their property to pay for the deportation cost. Back charge the country of Origin for the Transportation and any other expenses.

There is exceptions to every rule, I would base any consideration of a green card, only if they are benefit to America. Period!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:24 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Problem is people get caught up in lets be flexible here. The Problem is most illegal Immigrants thoughtfully broke American Law and countless of fraudulent applications . Housing to Medicare to educating their children.

There has been many opportunities o come out of the shadows , but they still refuse. As a result in some cases these people are here for 20 years in Illegal Status with no intention in becoming a citizen's or even getting a green card.

Then this turns into a generational problem where we now have US Born kids with Illegal Parents. This indeed is a slippery slope.

The Solution is to deport every who broken American law and confiscate their property to pay for the deportation cost. Back charge the country of Origin for the Transportation and any other expenses.

There is exceptions to every rule, I would base any consideration of a green card, only if they are benefit to America. Period!
Heck one may be able to drive across South Florida in 20 minutes. Can you even remember some drove across LA in 20 minutes?:e ek:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or