U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a Border Fence?
Yes 68 80.95%
No 15 17.86%
Other Explain 1 1.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:33 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They make ludicrous statements like no one with an accent would/should be hired when millions of Americans and legal immigrants have accents. They are just grasping at straws to convince you that profiling would occur. All one needs are the proper ID/authorization to work here to be hired. E-verify doesn't detect accents.
Yep, Make the hiring process cut and dry. It does not see color too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 02:54 PM

282 posts, read 285,872 times
Quote:
Been debunked in here numerous times with links proving it by Obama's own admitted words.
How many links do you need to see to know that this president has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president ?? google is good

Maybe the truth is too hard for some to swallow

Obama is deporting immigrants faster than Bush ...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...-is-deporting-...
The Washington Post

Why Has President Obama Deported More Immigrants Than ...

The Nation why-has-president-obama-deported-m...
The Nation
Mar 31, 2014 - Since taking the oath of office, Obama has deported immigrants at a ..

High rate of deportations continue under Obama despite ...

High rate of deportations continue under Obama despite Latino disapproval | Pew Research Center...
Pew Research Center

Sep 19, 2013 - High rate of deportations continue under Obama despite Latino disapproval ...

Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmj nyc View Post
The Obama admin has deported MORE illegal immigrants than any other admin FYI
No....sorry....they have just sent out more letters....I have read about 25 of them in the last two years....and all 25 people are in Little Havana.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:59 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
How many links do you need to see to know that this president has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president ?? google is good

The Washington Post

The Nation
Mar 31, 2014 - Since taking the oath of office, Obama has deported immigrants at a ..

High rate of deportations continue under Obama despite Latino disapproval | Pew Research Center...
Pew Research Center

Sep 19, 2013 - High rate of deportations continue under Obama despite Latino disapproval ...
How many of these people are still in the US or, has returned???

Old 06-18-2014, 03:03 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
The Obama admin has deported MORE illegal immigrants than any other admin FYI

Read the 5th paragraph in the following link. Obama admitted to cooking the books when it comes to those deportation figures:

Obama's deportation record: inside the numbers - CNN.com

IMO, it's really getting tiresome hearing that so many people still believe that nonsense about how many he has deported---especially when it has been debunked a long time ago.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,078,504 times
I'd say Mexicans are already profiled as they are all assumed to be illegal,
This kind of attitude is very pervasive throughout the USA.=
Quote:
i live in (such and such a state) they have tanked our public schools, rob our houses, bleed the welfare system, swarm the shopping malls & "hang out" all day with 20 family members - nasty little invaders

Old 06-18-2014, 04:11 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They are all assumed to be illegal by whom? Certainly not LE nor the majority of Americans. No it is not pervasive throughout the USA. I suggest you ditch that victim card, please.

Besides, how can one tell if a Hispanic's nationality is Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Honduran, Guatamalan or some other national group?

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-18-2014 at 04:31 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:

The Washington Post

The Nation

Pew Research Center

You somehow skipped over my statement that links have been provided to Obama "admitting" that his high deportation numbers weren't accurate.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Then our "Hispanics" really need to start being AGAINST any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens since MOST are some kind of "Hispanic". Tho I'm of Irish family: if MOST illegals were red headed Irishmen, I'd STILL want them tossed. If it means the cops "profiling" me; it is what it is. As long as the cops are polite, I'm Ok with that.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:37 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,078,504 times
Quote:
They are all assumed to be illegal by whom? Certainly not LE nor the majority of Americans. No it is not pervasive throughout the USA. I suggest you ditch that victim card, please.

Besides, how can one tell if a Hispanic's nationality is Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Honduran, Guatamalan or some other national group?
A point i might ask those that push the attitude i quoted.That quote being sent to me in an unsigned rep.That attitude being a kneejerk view of many when viewing Hispanics in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or