U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a Border Fence?
Yes 68 80.95%
No 15 17.86%
Other Explain 1 1.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:27 PM

31,919 posts, read 14,699,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm Canadian living in Canada,I'm enjoying this debate about the pros and cons of building this wall to keep out illegal aliens i hope it remains a debate and not an argument,

If you're a Canadian then of what interest is it to you whether or not we put a wall on our "southern border"? I certainly wouldn't stick my nose into Canada's political affairs and tell them what they should or shouldn't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 03:53 PM

33,202 posts, read 39,276,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
But for someone coming from south of the USA border with Mexico, it's not easy for anyone without a sponsor to get into Canada first and then go into the USA. Yes it would be easy for them to get past the unprotected border from the US into Canada, but if they are already in the USA, what would be the point? Well, if they are headed to Alaska, maybe...
We arent talking about these people immigrating to Canada but just getting a passport to travel as a tourist, at destination they eventually purchase fake id and live happily ever after in the new country of their choosing,making the wall rather pointless.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
We arent talking about these people immigrating to Canada but just getting a passport to travel as a tourist, at destination they eventually purchase fake id and live happily ever after in the new country of their choosing,making the wall rather pointless.
Not pointless at all. Only 40% of illegals are visa over stayers in the U.S. Again I ask as a Canadian of what interest is it to you whether we erect a wall on our southern border or not?

Old 06-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not pointless at all. Only 40% of illegals are visa over stayers in the U.S. Again I ask as a Canadian of what interest is it to you whether we erect a wall on our southern border or not?
Expect that 40% figure to rise dramatically if a wall is built,
As for my Canadian interest? just strikes me that building a wall between you and your neighbor is an interesting issue that sounds from my Canadian perspective as a total waste of money as its so easy to go over,around or through it.We probably have many illegals in Canada many of them US citizens likewise the USA has the best part of a million Canadians residing illegally in the USA.There are no plans to build a Canadian wall. Actually we have a natural wall,its called winter..

Old 06-22-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
As for my Canadian interest? just strikes me that building a wall between you and your neighbor is an interesting issue that sounds from my Canadian perspective as a total waste of money as its so easy to go over,around or through it.We probably have many illegals in Canada many of them US citizens likewise the USA has the best part of a million Canadians residing illegally in the USA.There are no plans to build a Canadian wall. Actually we have a natural wall,its called winter..
It should be of no concern of yours what our country does with its taxes since you say you aren't a citizen of this country so I am skeptical that you truly are a Canadian. If there are American citizens in Canada illegally they should be given the boot also. I fail to see what winter has to do with security on our northern border. Canadians here illegally should be deported also.

Repeating once again. The double layered wall is not easy at all to get over or under. As for visa over stayers we need to track them a lot better also so that number decreases.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
It should be of no concern of yours what our country does with its taxes since you say you aren't a citizen of this country so I am skeptical that you truly are a Canadian. If there are American citizens in Canada illegally they should be given the boot also. I fail to see what winter has to do with security on our northern border. Canadians here illegally should be deported also.

Repeating once again. The double layered wall is not easy at all to get over or under. As for visa over stayers we need to track them a lot better also so that number decreases.
OK as i'm not an American then this topic is apparently none of my business, As for your skepticism of my being a Canadian? yeah its all a big plot a veritable conspiracy.. I'd say my participation in this discussion is over.

Last edited by jambo101; 06-22-2014 at 06:52 PM..

Old 06-22-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
OK as i'm not an American then this topic is apparently none of my business, As for your skepticism of my being a Canadian? yeah its all a big plot a veritable conspiracy.. I'd say my participation in this discussion is over.
I was just curious why a proposed wall on our "southern" border would be of interest and/or objectionable to you. It doesn't affect Canada one iota. Therefore my skepticism. I couldn't care less what Canada does politically as long as it doesn't affect my country. Also you have participated in a lot topics about illegal immigration into our country from "south" of our border. Again, this has no affect on Canada. See what I mean?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:25 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Quote:
I was just curious why a proposed wall on our "southern" border would be of interest and/or objectionable to you. It doesn't affect Canada one iota. Therefore my skepticism. I couldn't care less what Canada does politically as long as it doesn't affect my country. Also you have participated in a lot topics about illegal immigration into our country from "south" of our border. Again, this has no affect on Canada. See what I mean?
Canada ain't a big problem since MOST illegal aliens from there lay very low. Too; LatAm supplies many, many times illegal aliens to the US than Canada so it'd make more sense to block off Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or