Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 04:20 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times

Advertisements

During all hours of the day and night, Border Patrol agents can be seen in white and green trucks patrolling the dusty roads along the Rio Grande, which is the international boundary between the United States and Mexico. It's not uncommon to find them loading up groups of Central American families, young men and kids into the backs of government vehicles for the trip to a processing center. With the dramatic surge of illegal immigration by unaccompanied children in the last few months, in which more than 47,000 have been apprehended border-wide in recent months, agents have been called upon to perform duties they never did before.

Border Agents Give Migrant Moms Diapers, Baby Formula - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,370 times
One of the issues not being addressed is that the Southwest is a very arid area and now it is more so with a prolonged serious drought.

Illegal immigration in the area is inflicting serious pressure on water, air and land and should be opposed for environmental reasons if nothing else.

Two generations of U S women were told by the Rockefeller facilitators to have only two children because resources have to be conserved. The birth rate fell to replacement level, but then the gates were opened for the illegals to rush and consume resources that are fragile. The entire Southwest is fragile and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration had a brochure six or seven years ago that said the drought pattern in the Southwest was going to worsen in the coming centuries.

Dumb Congress does not see the big picture.

Also, I just finished Render to Rome, and while that book focuses on the sexual scandals and embezzlements within the Roman church, I saw a pattern where the Catholic Church promotes wholesale immigration. And then when they flood into inner city parishes which have been vacated by former parishioners moving elsewhere, the church shuts down these parishes because they are too poor and a drain on diocesan resources. This is as sociopathic structure.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:35 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps52 View Post
One of the issues not being addressed is that the Southwest is a very arid area and now it is more so with a prolonged serious drought.

Illegal immigration in the area is inflicting serious pressure on water, air and land and should be opposed for environmental reasons if nothing else.

Two generations of U S women were told by the Rockefeller facilitators to have only two children because resources have to be conserved. The birth rate fell to replacement level, but then the gates were opened for the illegals to rush and consume resources that are fragile. The entire Southwest is fragile and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration had a brochure six or seven years ago that said the drought pattern in the Southwest was going to worsen in the coming centuries.

Also, I just finished Render to Rome, and while that book focuses on the sexual scandals and embezzlements within the Roman church, I saw a pattern where the Catholic Church promotes wholesale immigration. And then when they flood into inner city parishes which have been vacated by former parishioners moving elsewhere, the church shuts down these parishes because they are too poor and a drain on diocesan resources. This is as sociopathic structure.
I'm an environmentalist myself. Pro-creating at replacement levels makes more sense then overpopulating this country. We should be looking at stabilizing our population growth not increasing it due to limited ariable land space, natural resources and job shortages. Most of these people from south of our border are Catholics and they don't believe much in birth control. So what we have happening now are thousands of young future breeders (for lack of a better word) coming here illegally from south of our border whom will probably be allowed to stay and will increase our population now and in the future. They will need government subsidies (our taxes) to survive also.

Yes, I agree. Our government is really dumb as they don't seem to care about the future of this country and it's rightful, taxpaying citizens.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
You should have seen Hwy 54 the other night -- buses after buses after buses heading north. I have a feeling they're trying to disperse these many thousands of illegals to all the cities and towns throughout the US as fast as they can -- gotta make room for the many more thousands yet to arrive. There may be millions of new welfare recipients coming soon.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Even worse, one would think that The Sierra Club would be speaking out against overpopulation and illegal immigration. Instead, they abandoned their principles in favor of a large donation. How despicable!

The sell out of the Sierra Club by Carl Pope | Californians For Population Stabilization

An excerpt from the article:

“But the biggest donation the Sierra Club ever received is the one that altered it forever. In 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed a $100 million gift made by investor David Gelbaum. Unfortunately for environmentalists, Gelbaum’s money came with the string attached that the club never speak out against or try to limit immigration into the United States no matter how obvious it became that adding more people has severe ecological consequences.

“Gelbaum told Times reporter Kenneth Weiss that his instructions to then-Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope were that “...if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me." Pope eagerly agreed...but with devastating results.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Any way you look at it, it's a recipe for disaster.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:19 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
The nightmare has just begun. Wait until school starts back up in the fall....according to our wonderful judicial system, all these kids are "entitled" to an education. I'm betting these kids will be dumped into the school systems in whatever communities they are sent to. Most don't speak English. Forget about our American kids getting a decent education while the system panders to these invaders.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:26 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Even worse, one would think that The Sierra Club would be speaking out against overpopulation and illegal immigration. Instead, they abandoned their principles in favor of a large donation. How despicable!

The sell out of the Sierra Club by Carl Pope | Californians For Population Stabilization

An excerpt from the article:

“But the biggest donation the Sierra Club ever received is the one that altered it forever. In 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed a $100 million gift made by investor David Gelbaum. Unfortunately for environmentalists, Gelbaum’s money came with the string attached that the club never speak out against or try to limit immigration into the United States no matter how obvious it became that adding more people has severe ecological consequences.

“Gelbaum told Times reporter Kenneth Weiss that his instructions to then-Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope were that “...if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me." Pope eagerly agreed...but with devastating results.
Thank you for posting this. I was aware of the Sierra Club being bought out years ago by donations. They have lost their way completely in what they once stood for.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm an environmentalist myself. Pro-creating at replacement levels makes more sense then overpopulating this country. We should be looking at stabilizing our population growth not increasing it due to limited ariable land space, natural resources and job shortages. Most of these people from south of our border are Catholics and they don't believe much in birth control. So what we have happening now are thousands of young future breeders (for lack of a better word) coming here illegally from south of our border whom will probably be allowed to stay and will increase our population now and in the future. They will need government subsidies (our taxes) to survive also.

Yes, I agree. Our government is really dumb as they don't seem to care about the future of this country and it's rightful, taxpaying citizens.
I disagree....Obama and his suppers that voted for him care.......they care very much.....he told us so......what he did not say was his plan was world wide.....on your dime....cheer some more folks.

Obama: "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America" Long Version - YouTube

Old 06-20-2014, 07:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps52 View Post

Yes, and the fact that the "carbon footprint" of these people becomes much much higher once they make it into the USA. Back home they didn't need heat in the winter or airconditioners in the summer, they didn't need cars, most of the illegals have never been inside a car until they get to the USA.

Now the taxpayers will have to house them in spacious homes, and pay for the gallons of heating fuel every winter to keep them warm and pay for the electricity costs to keep them cool in the summer. They'll be driving cars now, adding to air pollution. And their birth rates are ridiculous which is the whole reason their own countries are a big mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration