U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 05:13 AM

1,590 posts, read 746,253 times

Advertisements

In Texas' Rio Grande Valley, a seemingly endless surge of immigrants*-*Los Angeles Times

I'm trying to understand why the sudden influx? We have a record number of agents on the border. So from reading articles, and watching news stories it appears the smugglers are doing a pretty good job of putting out the word that if you are a child you can stay. So with the women crossing with children, why don't we immediately send them back? Is it because they are mostly coming from Central America so we can't just dump them in Mexico? Why can't we charter transportation and take them back to the honduras or appropriate place? It seems crazy to me that you would tell them to find a relative and report back. Who would actually report back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 07:21 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
In Texas' Rio Grande Valley, a seemingly endless surge of immigrants*-*Los Angeles Times

I'm trying to understand why the sudden influx? We have a record number of agents on the border. So from reading articles, and watching news stories it appears the smugglers are doing a pretty good job of putting out the word that if you are a child you can stay. So with the women crossing with children, why don't we immediately send them back? Is it because they are mostly coming from Central America so we can't just dump them in Mexico? Why can't we charter transportation and take them back to the honduras or appropriate place? It seems crazy to me that you would tell them to find a relative and report back. Who would actually report back?
No one......but, if they do they would just get a letter.....to leave.....or, apply for papers.

Most just move.

BYT....the smugglers had a lot of help........I have a link to a broadcast from the ABC station.....but, it is in Spanish.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post

Because it seems that once they set foot on the shores they get "rights".
They get a deportation hearing sometime in the future.

Until then they can stay.
And the USG is chartering flights but instead of bringing them back home they are dispersing them throughout the US.

I just read this morning that MA has received 6 planeloads of "immigrants" so far.
With 400 a day entering Texas and facilities in Texas already past capacity they are put on planes and buses to other cities in the US.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:30 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because it seems that once they set foot on the shores they get "rights".
They get a deportation hearing sometime in the future.

Until then they can stay.
And the USG is chartering flights but instead of bringing them back home they are dispersing them throughout the US.

I just read this morning that MA has received 6 planeloads of "immigrants" so far.
With 400 a day entering Texas and facilities in Texas already past capacity they are put on planes and buses to other cities in the US.
Wet foot/dryfoot is only for Cubans......and was NEVER to be used at the southern boarder.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wet foot/dryfoot is only for Cubans......and was NEVER to be used at the southern boarder.
Those old rules don't apply with this administration.
They are making the rules as they go.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,623,323 times
Default Question?

Quote:
Those old rules don't apply with this administration.
They are making the rules as they go.
If the President is not acting , I am sure the Gov. could call a state of emergency. ? Then Could Congress intervene and by pass the executive branch ig the laws and security of this Nation at stake?

Hard questions we need to ask!

Old 06-16-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
If the President is not acting , I am sure the Gov. could call a state of emergency. ? Then Could Congress intervene and by pass the executive branch ig the laws and security of this Nation at stake?

Hard questions we need to ask!
LOL at Congress doing anything.

Member of Congress did go to south Texas to see what's going on in person.
They were told no cellphones, no talking to anyone and no wandering off.

I'm sure they were given a nice sanitized tour of the facilities.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:42 AM

And the irony about all this....

Obama says these minors won't qualify for amnesty because they are just coming here now.

LOL...but their parents have been here, some for years.
What..give the parents amnesty and not their "minor children" ?

Oh the farce of this whole mess.....

One article talk about minors crossing on their own.
Before Obama's deferred action only about 7000 crossed on their own in the entire year (2011).
Now we're seeing 400 a day.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:35 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
And the irony about all this....

Obama says these minors won't qualify for amnesty because they are just coming here now.

LOL...but their parents have been here, some for years.
What..give the parents amnesty and not their "minor children" ?

Oh the farce of this whole mess.....

One article talk about minors crossing on their own.
Before Obama's deferred action only about 7000 crossed on their own in the entire year (2011).
Now we're seeing 400 a day.
I know what your saying. The family will cry "separation of families" if the entire family here illegally isn't given amnesty. They've been crying about that for years with their sob stories.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:06 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know what your saying. The family will cry "separation of families" if the entire family here illegally isn't given amnesty. They've been crying about that for years with their sob stories.
^Galling, isn't it? Meanwhile, everyday Americans go to jail and are separated from their families since they can't take their kids to jail with them.

I've asked invasion cheerleaders if they feel sorry when this happens to American criminals but they never answer. Of course they don't answer as they hold illegals to a different standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or