Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 05:59 AM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Naturalized citizens are citizens and they can be deported for breaking the law.
They can only be stripped of their citizenship if they commit a very serious offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 08:00 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
How many of you have ever broken this country's underage drinking laws? You're an illegal drinker, i.e. an ILLEGAL and you should be removed from this country for disrespecting its law.
That's a fail right there. An underage drinker CAN get in trouble and be punished. And ILLEGAL alien has NO right to even be IN any country of the world and should be deported.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 AM

183 posts, read 192,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
How many of you have ever broken this country's underage drinking laws? You're an illegal drinker, i.e. an ILLEGAL and you should be removed from this country for disrespecting its law.
If all of the underaged drinkers were removed from this country, then probably 75% of all college students would be deported.

If you are an illegal alien, unless you become a documented legalized citizen of the US, you are still a illegal alien and should be deported.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times
Fine I can still call them people from another country present in the US illegally.

Whether they overstayed, snuck across the border, etc. Here illegally means they are breaking federal law. No matter how PC you can get, that doesn't alter the essential truth.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:33 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Fine I can still call them people from another country present in the US illegally.

Whether they overstayed, snuck across the border, etc. Here illegally means they are breaking federal law. No matter how PC you can get, that doesn't alter the essential truth.
Call them what you would like to call them.

I am sick of this PC junk.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Call them what you would like to call them.

I am sick of this PC junk.
Calling them what they are will get me called racist, etc.

Border Patrol calls them "tonks" because that's the sound a Maglite makes when you whack them on the back of the head. Then there is the ever present ***back. Or UDI's = undocumented immigrants or EWI's = entry without inspection. Those are some of the milder terms I heard while living in Texas.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,872,728 times
Default Trying to sofen the Public View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's nothing new. The defenders of illegal aliens have been demanding we use PC language to describe them for quite some time now.

Correct, modern sociality is so PC correct that it is getting in the way to stating the facts as they may be. Illegal and trespassing on US Territory is a real crime and concern to most Americans.

These same so called Journalist are intentional over looking the cost of Immigration to this country. A good story would be South Americans Countries telling their citizens its ok to Break US Law?

The real criminals is the ones who let children migrate to the US Illegally.

The Primary traditional Net works will not even report certain stories. Fox has been a leader on this.

Hence is number News New Work.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:46 PM

25,788 posts, read 21,942,589 times
I've had an issue with "undocumented" for some time. If they simply don't have "documents" and that is the issue, they can, just like any other citizen, get those "documents" through the state records office. I have been corrected in another area of the forum when I referred to "illegal immigrants" and I explained that I was talking about people who had illegally immigrated into the country not people without their "documents"!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:36 PM

31,745 posts, read 26,706,619 times
Problem with using the word "illegal" is that entering the USA without proper papers and or permission is not a criminal offense, but an administrative one. This is why Obama, the INS, AG Holder and everyone else in Washington can create various rules on the fly as it were.

The penalty for being having entered the USA "illegally" is nothing more than being subject to removal. Key word being "subject" which means depending upon a vast and bewildering array of rules, circumstances, opinion of judge, action by a president and so forth that removal may never happen.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Problem with using the word "illegal" is that entering the USA without proper papers and or permission is not a criminal offense, but an administrative one. This is why Obama, the INS, AG Holder and everyone else in Washington can create various rules on the fly as it were.

The penalty for being having entered the USA "illegally" is nothing more than being subject to removal. Key word being "subject" which means depending upon a vast and bewildering array of rules, circumstances, opinion of judge, action by a president and so forth that removal may never happen.
Uh; 1st time's a misdemeanor. 2nd time caught and deported IS a felony which def qualifies as a crime. Tho both times breaking the law STILL makes it "illegal"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration