U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cross the border illegally?
Yes. Damn what anyone thinks i have to take care of my family. 7 33.33%
No! I will stay in my country and deal with it some how 13 61.90%
No! I will get me a job with a Cartel and be living the good life 1 4.76%
Yes no matter how many times i get caught and no matter the hell i will do what i have to. 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,273,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Why does it matter why people come illegally. We let illegals pull the wool over our eyes to give them a free pass to break our laws. We should make it very difficult to live in America illegally. The only immigrants who we punish are the immigrants who are trying to come here the legal way.
Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 01:46 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There is the problem.....our laws are different.

Most have never driven a car.....or, understand traffic laws.....driving drunk....driving without a license...is not viewed as a big deal.
But we are talking about this country.... These are our laws. I travel to Thailand and certainly don't know all of their laws. I do know that using a false name is illegal any where you go. I do know that no country allows you to enter without permission. They know they need permission and that is why they sneak in. There really is no excuse for them. None.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But we are talking about this country.... These are our laws. I travel to Thailand and certainly don't know all of their laws. I do know that using a false name is illegal any where you go. I do know that no country allows you to enter without permission. They know they need permission and that is why they sneak in. There really is no excuse for them. None.
None made.

That is just fact.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:24 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,627,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
A trip to central America would open your eyes. imo How would you survive in a country with cartels in control or gangs as well. Either be in a gang or work for a cartel. Yes that would be being a great citizen. Would you give your kids up to be in a gang?

I doubt that any one poster on this forum would actually know what it is like to be in the situation that so many are in and not due to there own failures..

How do your Christian values work out in this?
Put it to you this way. If we help your country as we did in Colombia. eventually yourself and other would turn their nose up to Help and you would accuse the US trying to Colonized you.

Where ever you may be, you and your countrymen will have to stand or flee. Then you get what you get. The US Rebelled Against King George!

I frankly served in Panama with the US Army and Honduras, Nicaragua did little to help themselves. Why should we let anyone in if all that is possible ,is cheap labor and labor jobs.

Colombia did it and it was painful, but they did it. They clean up their country. Colombia is actually a nice place now.

The United States and all of the Christian based charities are very giving. There are many programs that the US has that helps countries develop themselves.

PS: I would set foot in any of those countries period. (again) The USA is just fine to me.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:30 PM

31,635 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Were it me with no prospects for me or my family i would jump that border in a minute.
In spite of the negative impact on American families? Hmm. Seems like it would be the lawbreaker that lacks Christian values. Most coming here illegally aren't escaping the drug cartels nor are they starving.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:10 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In spite of the negative impact on American families? Hmm. Seems like it would be the lawbreaker that lacks Christian values. Most coming here illegally aren't escaping the drug cartels nor are they starving.

Show us some proof of that.(Most coming here illegally aren't escaping the drug cartels nor are they starving.[/quote]) I know that i am a Christian and it won't be on my soul that i turned away from my fellow man that was desperately in need. What is un Christian for wanting to feed your family or protect them from the drug Cartels or Likes of MS-13?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:12 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Put it to you this way. If we help your country as we did in Colombia. eventually yourself and other would turn their nose up to Help and you would accuse the US trying to Colonized you.

Where ever you may be, you and your countrymen will have to stand or flee. Then you get what you get. The US Rebelled Against King George!

I frankly served in Panama with the US Army and Honduras, Nicaragua did little to help themselves. Why should we let anyone in if all that is possible ,is cheap labor and labor jobs.

Colombia did it and it was painful, but they did it. They clean up their country. Colombia is actually a nice place now.

The United States and all of the Christian based charities are very giving. There are many programs that the US has that helps countries develop themselves.

PS: I would set foot in any of those countries period. (again) The USA is just fine to me.

Seeing a country as a soldier is a far cry from being there other than as an occupier. You can see so much more as a civilian.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Show us some proof of that.(Most coming here illegally aren't escaping the drug cartels nor are they starving.
) I know that i am a Christian and it won't be on my soul that i turned away from my fellow man that was desperately in need. What is un Christian for wanting to feed your family or protect them from the drug Cartels or Likes of MS-13?[/quote]

How about you proving what you claimed first? So it's Christian to support law breakers and in turn spit on law abiding Americans? God said obey the laws of the land. Did you miss that part in the Bible? There are many safe places in Mexico to live (and it's mostly Mexicans here illegally). It's mostly along the border where the drug cartels operate that aren't safe but why don't they move to those safe places in their own homeland rather than breaking our immigration laws? What about the negative impact on our own citizens? Or don't they count and aren't worthy of your compassion? These illegals have taken jobs from our own poor citizens and reduced wages for all blue collared jobs. There are jobs in Mexico and other countries if one stays in school and gets an education. Their jobs may not pay as much as ours but then our standard of living is much higher also.

Why don't these Central Americans re-establish themselves in the safe places in Mexico? Why are we supposed to be the flophouse to the world at the expense of our own needy citizens?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
) I know that i am a Christian and it won't be on my soul that i turned away from my fellow man that was desperately in need. What is un Christian for wanting to feed your family or protect them from the drug Cartels or Likes of MS-13?
How about you proving what you claimed first? So it's Christian to support law breakers and in turn spit on law abiding Americans? God said obey the laws of the land. Did you miss that part in the Bible? There are many safe places in Mexico to live (and it's mostly Mexicans here illegally). It's mostly along the border where the drug cartels operate that aren't safe but why don't they move to those safe places in their own homeland rather than breaking our immigration laws? What about the negative impact on our own citizens? Or don't they count and aren't worthy of your compassion? These illegals have taken jobs from our own poor citizens and reduced wages for all blue collared jobs. There are jobs in Mexico and other countries if one stays in school and gets an education. Their jobs may not pay as much as ours but then our standard of living is much higher also.

Why don't these Central Americans re-establish themselves in the safe places in Mexico? Why are we supposed to be the flophouse to the world at the expense of our own needy citizens?[/quote]

They do not have papers to be in Mexico either.

The Mexican police are burial.....my X was beat up three different times because he did not have papers.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Why don't these Central Americans re-establish themselves in the safe places in Mexico? Why are we supposed to be the flophouse to the world at the expense of our own needy citizens?
They do not have papers to be in Mexico either.

The Mexican police are burial.....my X was beat up three different times because he did not have papers.[/quote]

Not our problem. That doesn't justify them coming here illegally instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or