U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cross the border illegally?
Yes. Damn what anyone thinks i have to take care of my family. 7 33.33%
No! I will stay in my country and deal with it some how 13 61.90%
No! I will get me a job with a Cartel and be living the good life 1 4.76%
Yes no matter how many times i get caught and no matter the hell i will do what i have to. 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,363,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They do not have papers to be in Mexico either.

The Mexican police are burial.....my X was beat up three different times because he did not have papers.

Not our problem. That doesn't justify them coming here illegally instead.[/quote]

You asked why.....that is why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 04:40 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,948,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
) I know that i am a Christian and it won't be on my soul that i turned away from my fellow man that was desperately in need. What is un Christian for wanting to feed your family or protect them from the drug Cartels or Likes of MS-13?
How about you proving what you claimed first? So it's Christian to support law breakers and in turn spit on law abiding Americans? God said obey the laws of the land. Did you miss that part in the Bible? There are many safe places in Mexico to live (and it's mostly Mexicans here illegally). It's mostly along the border where the drug cartels operate that aren't safe but why don't they move to those safe places in their own homeland rather than breaking our immigration laws? What about the negative impact on our own citizens? Or don't they count and aren't worthy of your compassion? These illegals have taken jobs from our own poor citizens and reduced wages for all blue collared jobs. There are jobs in Mexico and other countries if one stays in school and gets an education. Their jobs may not pay as much as ours but then our standard of living is much higher also.

Why don't these Central Americans re-establish themselves in the safe places in Mexico? Why are we supposed to be the flophouse to the world at the expense of our own needy citizens?[/quote]

Sounds like you think that these people can just whip out their Visa card and go south and get them anther place to live. There is quite a bit of cartel killings in Cancun and it borders the ocean.

I really don't have the right answer. I just know that it makes me feel that i am not doing the right thing by turning away from people that are so needy. I am still bothered by my memories of an illegal that came up my drive way from the railroad tracks. I looked at that guy and i thought how would it be to be him?

He just wanted some water and being by myself i told directed him across a bridge where there was a big soccer field and many people he went across the bridge and i never saw him again. I was broke and convalescing at the time or i would have given him some cash.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:48 PM

11,601 posts, read 5,567,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
A trip to central America would open your eyes. imo How would you survive in a country with cartels in control or gangs as well. Either be in a gang or work for a cartel. Yes that would be being a great citizen. Would you give your kids up to be in a gang?

I doubt that any one poster on this forum would actually know what it is like to be in the situation that so many are in and not due to there own failures..

How do your Christian values work out in this?

You have a very twisted idea of what Christian values are.

First of all, Jesus expected his followers to obey the laws of the land. He also told them to render unto Caesar that which is his. Furthermore, his followers were expected to obey the 10 commandments.

Illegal aliens routinely break the 10 commandments. They either sneak across a border or overstay a visa in violation of our laws.

Once here, they either get paid under the table, thereby engaging in tax evasion. Either that or they use a fake or stolen SSN, thereby leaving the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

They think nothing of tapping into our welfare system which is galling considering they have no business being here. By doing so, they are a burden to US taxpayers.

I would never be in another country illegally as it would weigh heavily on my conscience.

And, btw, those illegal aliens sneaking across the border are NOT starving. If they were starving, there is no way that they would be able to spend days walking through a hot desert.

In fact, a good number of them had jobs in their own countries. When they hear what minimum wage is here, they think that they are going to be rich working for that much money in this country. I once read a quote by an illegal who basically said that he thought he would be rich here but he is still poor.

BTW, ever hear of that very old expression, "Charity starts at home"? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, then we help others. Would you let your family starve and be homeless so that you could give your money to illegal aliens? In other words, would you put illegal aliens ahead of your own family?

Old 06-17-2014, 04:50 PM

9,070 posts, read 15,513,134 times
Definitely, my mother was illegal and I thank her everyday for taking the risk of coming to the US.

She didn't see her family for close to 20 years. She left her sister behind, she was too scared to make the trip. Last month her daughter (my cousin) in Mexico was murdered by a gang member in Palaś. She had her law degree with her entire life ahead of her, but it was taken by living in a corrupt land. My uncle owns a construction company outside Monterrey of which he pays the Zetas a monthly fee for protection. He has 4 daughters and lives in fear.

Yes I would do whatever I could to leave that country for this one.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:58 PM

11,601 posts, read 5,567,860 times
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. However, your mother had no right to come here illegally. Why was it okay for her to come here illegally while we have millions of legal immigrants---some from third world countries---who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here? Some even waited years in refugee camps.

If life was so bad for your mother, then she could have applied for asylum. There is no excuse for going to another country illegally.

I could never go to another country illegally. It would weigh too heavily on my conscience. I was raised to respect and obey the law.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,363,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Definitely, my mother was illegal and I thank her everyday for taking the risk of coming to the US.

She didn't see her family for close to 20 years. She left her sister behind, she was too scared to make the trip. Last month her daughter (my cousin) in Mexico was murdered by a gang member in Palaś. She had her law degree with her entire life ahead of her, but it was taken by living in a corrupt land. My uncle owns a construction company outside Monterrey of which he pays the Zetas a monthly fee for protection. He has 4 daughters and lives in fear.

Yes I would do whatever I could to leave that country for this one.

When I say I pay both the law and the gangs in Honduras people don't have any idea why I would need to do that to protect my property.....it is a different world.

I am sorry to hear about your cousin.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM

9,070 posts, read 15,513,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. However, your mother had no right to come here illegally. Why was it okay for her to come here illegally while we have millions of legal immigrants---some from third world countries---who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here? Some even waited years in refugee camps.

If life was so bad for your mother, then she could have applied for asylum. There is no excuse for going to another country illegally.

I could never go to another country illegally. It would weigh too heavily on my conscience. I was raised to respect and obey the law.
I disagree. Our life is far better because of the risks my mother took to come to the US.

Why is right for her to not realize potential because we lived in a corrupt country? One little law for so much potential... risk vs reward...

Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 PM

31,943 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
How about you proving what you claimed first? So it's Christian to support law breakers and in turn spit on law abiding Americans? God said obey the laws of the land. Did you miss that part in the Bible? There are many safe places in Mexico to live (and it's mostly Mexicans here illegally). It's mostly along the border where the drug cartels operate that aren't safe but why don't they move to those safe places in their own homeland rather than breaking our immigration laws? What about the negative impact on our own citizens? Or don't they count and aren't worthy of your compassion? These illegals have taken jobs from our own poor citizens and reduced wages for all blue collared jobs. There are jobs in Mexico and other countries if one stays in school and gets an education. Their jobs may not pay as much as ours but then our standard of living is much higher also.

Why don't these Central Americans re-establish themselves in the safe places in Mexico? Why are we supposed to be the flophouse to the world at the expense of our own needy citizens?
Sounds like you think that these people can just whip out their Visa card and go south and get them anther place to live. There is quite a bit of cartel killings in Cancun and it borders the ocean.

I really don't have the right answer. I just know that it makes me feel that i am not doing the right thing by turning away from people that are so needy. I am still bothered by my memories of an illegal that came up my drive way from the railroad tracks. I looked at that guy and i thought how would it be to be him?

He just wanted some water and being by myself i told directed him across a bridge where there was a big soccer field and many people he went across the bridge and i never saw him again. I was broke and convalescing at the time or i would have given him some cash.[/quote]

Giving someone a meal, water and cash one time is a whole different then advocating for millions of them to take up residence in our country illegally and stealing jobs, benefits, and taxes from Americans.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,941,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I disagree. Our life is far better because of the risks my mother took to come to the US.

Why is right for her to not realize potential because we lived in a corrupt country? One little law for so much potential... risk vs reward...
And that truly is the mentality of the common criminal. 1 little law for so much personal gain. No thought of the harm violating that law might do to others. Low ball wages by working illegally. Hey I have a family to support. Oh I just forced another person out of work because he can't compete? It's his own fault that he has to pay taxes right? Oh he has a family to support too? Who cares as long as you get what you want. Then illegals complain when they are abused by other criminals. LOL

Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Quote:
Were it me with no prospects for me or my family i would jump that border in a minute.
In reality if your homeland is Mexico, you have good prospects if you only finish school and don't start having kids until you do have an education and a job, and Mexico's unemployment rate is much lower than ours. Mexico's middle class is growing, unlike that of the US.

A little responsibility and self control and then the middle class life is very attainable there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or