Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cross the border illegally?
Yes. Damn what anyone thinks i have to take care of my family. 7 33.33%
No! I will stay in my country and deal with it some how 13 61.90%
No! I will get me a job with a Cartel and be living the good life 1 4.76%
Yes no matter how many times i get caught and no matter the hell i will do what i have to. 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Americans have the right to "save" their own families by objecting to illegal immigration and they have the law on their side rather than violating it.
You have made a valid point and can't be disputed.
You will notice that some will say it is just a law, but then say the law says we have to educate them, take care of them and treat illegals well. Which is it? Laws don't matter or laws are important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You have made a valid point and can't be disputed.
You will notice that some will say it is just a law, but then say the law says we have to educate them, take care of them and treat illegals well. Which is it? Laws don't matter or laws are important?
Agreed and HOW with your post! It's called having their cake and eating it too. Illegal aliens are def ingrates and I'm being nice.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW with your post! It's called having their cake and eating it too. Illegal aliens are def ingrates and I'm being nice.
LOL one poster made it a point to brag how his mother was an illegal. He went on to say it was just a law. He then went on to claim it was survival of the fittest. Then became indignant when called on it. On another forum a complaint was made because I called that posters mom a criminal. No that poster called his mom a criminal when he called her an illegal. I simply confirmed it and then explained that the excuses made are the same excuses all criminals use for their misdeeds.
You can't be an honest and upstanding citizen if you are a criminal. You are not an honest person if you choose to break laws and justify it by saying it was just a law who cares. These same people will cry bloody murder if a cop arrests them and misses a step in the legal process. look how illegals are crying about work place raids checking for ID fraud.....
Immigrant rights groups sue Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio over workplace raids

LOL yes we can break all your laws, but we want the law to protect us. So much for the fittest.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:58 PM

299 posts, read 545,449 times
There are countless American citizens who are homeless. Perhaps they should go to Mexico and cross over with the illegals - one way to get taken care of. AND I think our government should put a tax on the incomes of legal Mexicans - to pay to take care of all those crossing illegally!

Old 06-22-2014, 09:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity1944 View Post
There are countless American citizens who are homeless. Perhaps they should go to Mexico and cross over with the illegals - one way to get taken care of. AND I think our government should put a tax on the incomes of legal Mexicans - to pay to take care of all those crossing illegally!
Agreed tho Mexico WILL scream about being "invaded" LOL!

Old 06-23-2014, 01:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Were it me with no prospects for me or my family i would jump that border in a minute.
What would you do if you were confronted with a big wall impeding your progress at the border?

Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 AM

938 posts, read 1,514,880 times
It's funny how people in this forum think they are better than illegal immigrants because they don't break the law, but I'm sure that if they were in their situation, they too would be working $2 / hr to save up the $$$ to pay coyotes to smuggle them across the border. People here talk like Communists who assume that everyone is good and will respect the law over feeding their family. You can't eat morals.

The solution is to build a border fence and make E-Verify a reliable enough and easy to use system so that companies of every size are required to check every applicant's immigration status. If illegal immigrants can't get jobs here, they won't come. The current "Form I-9" system is a joke, because the government never checks them.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:08 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
It's funny how people in this forum think they are better than illegal immigrants because they don't break the law, but I'm sure that if they were in their situation, they too would be working $2 / hr to save up the $$$ to pay coyotes to smuggle them across the border. People here talk like Communists who assume that everyone is good and will respect the law over feeding their family. You can't eat morals.

The solution is to build a border fence and make E-Verify a reliable enough and easy to use system so that companies of every size are required to check every applicant's immigration status. If illegal immigrants can't get jobs here, they won't come. The current "Form I-9" system is a joke, because the government never checks them.
Aren't people who obey laws better in the sense of being non-selfish than those who break laws? After all, most crimes aren't victimless and that certainly is the case with those who break our immigration laws.

You assume a lot about others. Most people wouldn't break laws intentionally for their own gain. What about our own citizen's rights to feed their families? How would you feel if someone took your job at a lower rate of pay who's not even entitled to work in your country and you couldn't feed "your" family? How would you feel if someone stole your ID to do so and it created a lot of heartache for you and "your" family? And that's only the beginning of how illegal aliens negatively impact our own citizens.

How about don't have a family you can't feed without breaking the law to do so? How about staying in your own country to improve it by fighting for change?

I agree with your last paragraph totally but it seems to contradict the first part of your post.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 AM

The $2.00 an hour deal. What is the cost of living?
Many would shut down the sweat shops in asia based on this argument. They should first talk to those who work in those shops. Those people feel blessed to have those jobs. Were it not for those jobs their families would starve.
Criminals will always use the excuse that it was to make their lives better. Ask the thug who robbed the mom and pop store why he did it. He needed the money and they had more than he did. The fact that mom and pop are also poor isn't a factor nor does the criminal care.
Illegals low balling construction jobs. Citizen looses job to illegal. Now he must find a way to provide for his family. Goes on welfare. Now the illegal has impacted us all and that illegal doesn't care.
Illegal uses someone else's SSN and destroys their credit. No problem right? It was all to make his own life better so it is okay.
There is no up side to illegal immigration.
Mandatory E-Verify is step 1 in combating employers who ruthlessly use illegals. Put teeth in the fines and jail time and we will see illegals forced to self deport.
We won't need billion dollar fences or drones flying the border 24/7.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:32 AM

938 posts, read 1,514,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Aren't people who obey laws better in the sense of being non-selfish than those who break laws? After all, most crimes aren't victimless and that certainly is the case with those who break our immigration laws.

You assume a lot about others. Most people wouldn't break laws intentionally for their own gain.
Yes but when you're desperate, you don't think about such things.

Quote:
What about our own citizen's rights to feed their families? How would you feel if someone took your job at a lower rate of pay who's not even entitled to work in your country and you couldn't feed "your" family?
This is why we need employment authorization enforcement.

Quote:
How would you feel if someone stole your ID to do so and it created a lot of heartache for you and "your" family? And that's only the beginning of how illegal aliens negatively impact our own citizens.
If E-Verify worked, you wouldn't be able to steal somebody's SSN because it would be linked to your name and immigration status.

Quote:
How about staying in your own country to improve it by fighting for change?
This is what I mean about people here talking like Communists who think that following idealistic goals will feed poor people. The poorer you are, the less power you have to fight for change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration