U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cross the border illegally?
Yes. Damn what anyone thinks i have to take care of my family. 7 33.33%
No! I will stay in my country and deal with it some how 13 61.90%
No! I will get me a job with a Cartel and be living the good life 1 4.76%
Yes no matter how many times i get caught and no matter the hell i will do what i have to. 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,903,614 times

Advertisements

Were it me with no prospects for me or my family i would jump that border in a minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 11:20 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Yes....I would.

As I have posted before.....my first husband was an illegal......I was young and dumb.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Lets ask the question in a more accurate manner.
Would you cross the border with the intent to violate laws and live as a criminal?
My answer is no. Only scumbags behave that way.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 AM

60,048 posts, read 30,586,259 times
If I were in the situation they seem to be, and the country over had open arms and all the free public assistance I needed, I'd be the first in line.

I don't blame them one bit. I blame those employing the tourist, and making it a perpetual machine of labor to undercut an American trying to feed a family. My nation and the people of my nation, comes first.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If I were in the situation they seem to be, and the country over had open arms and all the free public assistance I needed, I'd be the first in line.

I don't blame them one bit. I blame those employing the tourist, and making it a perpetual machine of labor to undercut an American trying to feed a family. My nation and the people of my nation, comes first.
Your nation over Christian values?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets ask the question in a more accurate manner.
Would you cross the border with the intent to violate laws and live as a criminal?
My answer is no. Only scumbags behave that way.
There is the problem.....our laws are different.

Most have never driven a car.....or, understand traffic laws.....driving drunk....driving without a license...is not viewed as a big deal.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:25 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Were it me with no prospects for me or my family i would jump that border in a minute.
That like saying murder is ok if the mean justify the outcome. Oh the other thing , Be a citzen of your country not a victim.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
That like saying murder is ok if the mean justify the outcome. Oh the other thing , Be a citzen of your country not a victim.

A trip to central America would open your eyes. imo How would you survive in a country with cartels in control or gangs as well. Either be in a gang or work for a cartel. Yes that would be being a great citizen. Would you give your kids up to be in a gang?

I doubt that any one poster on this forum would actually know what it is like to be in the situation that so many are in and not due to there own failures..

How do your Christian values work out in this?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
A trip to central America would open your eyes. imo How would you survive in a country with cartels in control or gangs as well. Either be in a gang or work for a cartel. Yes that would be being a great citizen. Would you give your kids up to be in a gang?

I doubt that any one poster on this forum would actually know what it is like to be in the situation that so many are in and not due to there own failures..

How do your Christian values work out in this?
Oh....I know.

I pay money to the law in Tela and a gang......to keep my property safe.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
Why does it matter why people come illegally. We let illegals pull the wool over our eyes to give them a free pass to break our laws. We should make it very difficult to live in America illegally. The only immigrants who we punish are the immigrants who are trying to come here the legal way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or