U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,469,168 times

Advertisements

This will be great.

College kids can find jobs again and won't have to leave college with $30,000 loans they will not pay off in 10 or more years. The inner city unemployed can be recruited -- they won't have to turn to crime and this will help stop the need for more prisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Definitely a point to consider, Questioner2, however . . .

1) . . . I firmly believe there will be plenty of legal employees to fill the needed slots.

2) . . . For the overall health of the Citizens of the United States, maybe a few LESS Fast Food Joints will be a GOOD THING.
Yes -- even if the prices have to go up in order to pay legal wages and *gasp* even to provide health insurance benefits to entice good employees to come and work, the higher cost of junk food isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. Maybe more families would then sit down to home-cooked meals and see eating out as something to do more occasionally.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM

419 posts, read 1,843,219 times
Default Undocumented Immigrants work harder

I know people who run restaurants and they tell me the people they suspect to be undocumented workers are much more likely to work harder than the American Citizens or legal immigrants. They are hungry and cause limited trouble. They dread having to go back to American teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This will be great.

College kids can find jobs again and won't have to leave college with $30,000 loans they will not pay off in 10 or more years. The inner city unemployed can be recruited -- they won't have to turn to crime and this will help stop the need for more prisons.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:09 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,116,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I know people who run restaurants and they tell me the people they suspect to be undocumented workers are much more likely to work harder than the American Citizens or legal immigrants. They are hungry and cause limited trouble. They dread having to go back to American teenagers.

Oh well - that's life

Old 12-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Exploitation of the Mexican people must end.

Slaves were good workers too -- but the USA does not need to build an economy around having unlimited numbers of desperate starving people who will take any kind of abuse.

All this massive immigration results from social injustice and instability in Mexico and only promotes more instability. Fix the problem at the root of the problem -- fix Mexico.

You bleeding hearts need to go down into Mexico and demand justice, the USA cannot just be the dumping grounds for all it's many problems.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
They dread having to go back to American teenagers.
If that's the case -- if they think they're too good to ever have to hire Americans -- then they can move their fast food joints down to Mexico where they can hire all the Mexicans they want. They can provide jobs for Mexicans in Mexico.

These greedy businessmen do America no good at all -- they don't provide employee health insurance, they pay subminimal wages. Their employers rely on food stamps, WIC, Emergency Medicaid and housing subsidies. They are not good businesses -- we don't need them here. They aren't providing jobs for Americans and the business owners clearly despise Americans -- so move to Mexico. Good Riddance.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,221,597 times
Of the few fast food restaurants in NC that I have been to there are no Mexicans at all. Mostly there are, young white and black M/F, probably HS or college students with a white or black M/F manager.
That is the way it once was in CA back in the 70’s, before the invasion.

No problem filling the positions either.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:24 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,301,909 times
Quote:
I know people who run restaurants
Good for you!

I've actually worked with illegals continuously for twenty years. As a group, they are no different than any other. Some are good workers. Others are lazy.

Statements such as "undocumented immigrants work harder" show prejudice. I compare it to "whites are [insert superlative]."

Old 12-16-2007, 03:05 PM

9,374 posts, read 26,549,736 times
Quote:

Naturally, questioner2!

It is nothing but Slave Labor of the 21st Century.

"Work your butt off for peanuts or I'll call ICE!"

Old 12-16-2007, 03:28 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,097,253 times
I expect the economy will experience some sort of readjustment. But this is a good thing.

The 99 cent illegal alien burger is no reason to disenfranchise our own poor who need these jobs to lift themselves up by the bootstraps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or