U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
in n out hamburgers doesn't employ illegals, just teenagers mostly. their prices are very reasonable. the greedy businesses that use illegals just don't want to pay a reasonalbe wage for their employees.

That's what it comes down to -- greed. An American teenager still living at home with very few or no bills can make it easily on $6.35 an hour. A college student can pay for textbooks and keep from having to take big loans if earning that kind of money.

If a business cannot survive by hiring Americans, if it feels it must import low-wage Mexican or Guatemalan citizens to hire -- then let that business move to those countries. It is of no use at all anyway to this country if that's the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 11:57 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually I think you are the racist for hiring foreign citizens over Americans for the purpose of keeping wages down. Using smear words like "anglos" -- that is certainly very racist.
'Anglo' and 'Gringo' are words that have gone up in social status amongst many of us patriotic Americans.

It is an act of defiance against La Raza and friends, illegals of all races/ethnicities and their enablers.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:58 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
Now that the law has been cleared by a judge, is there any one who has noticed if more high school and college kids are coming back to work in fast food? I wonder if they will have to raise wages and increase the cost of a burger. Any experiences at the front lines?
All of them here seem to use school students and seniors and always have...and my WHATABURGER does not cost that much and it's good.....

Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
All of them here seem to use school students and seniors and always have...and my WHATABURGER does not cost that much and it's good.....
You have noticed that as well?

Old 12-30-2007, 02:21 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,741,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Great point, Texanborn.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 PM

902 posts, read 508,153 times
I didn't know that I was going against the grain when I cleaned, and still do, my own house and mow my own yard and do my own cooking. I don't have even one friend who uses any help for those jobs. Anything and everything that any illegal does can and used to be done by Americans. We don't need them at all for any reason. All they are doing is hurting this nation and the Americans who reside in her.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:37 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
'Anglo' and 'Gringo' are words that have gone up in social status amongst many of us patriotic Americans.

It is an act of defiance against La Raza and friends, illegals of all races/ethnicities and their enablers.
Well I don't consider "anglo" and insult to anyone of British (anglo-saxon) ethnic heritage because of course that is what the term means.

I think it's a big insult to imply that all "non-hispanics" are anglo -- as if you are either Mexican or you aren't -- as though that is the only criteria. Someone with Polish ancestry, or German ancestry, or Italian ancestry is not anglo-saxon and so to lump them all together as though they were is insulting.

Now -- I can see using "gringo" in their face -- because while they use "gringo" as a hate word for American -- it could be an act of defiance to use that label proudly.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Well I don't consider "anglo" and insult to anyone of British (anglo-saxon) ethnic heritage because of course that is what the term means.

I think it's a big insult to imply that all "non-hispanics" are anglo -- as if you are either Mexican or you aren't -- as though that is the only criteria. Someone with Polish ancestry, or German ancestry, or Italian ancestry is not anglo-saxon and so to lump them all together as though they were is insulting.

Now -- I can see using "gringo" in their face -- because while they use "gringo" as a hate word for American -- it could be an act of defiance to use that label proudly.
I am of half Hungarian lineage and I refer to myself as 'Anglo' as a slam against the hypocritical racist La Raza types.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM

144 posts, read 541,579 times
Quote:
That's what it comes down to -- greed. An American teenager still living at home with very few or no bills can make it easily on $6.35 an hour. A college student can pay for textbooks and keep from having to take big loans if earning that kind of money.

If a business cannot survive by hiring Americans, if it feels it must import low-wage Mexican or Guatemalan citizens to hire -- then let that business move to those countries. It is of no use at all anyway to this country if that's the case.
I know this is an old thread but it's definitely all about greed. In-N-Out burgers starting pay is $10+/hr. There many locations in Socal are packed on any given day and they seem to be doing just fine. Managers there average over 100K a year, it definitely can be done.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,171,362 times
My 19 year old son is working while attending college. He was the benificiary of a job usually held by our guest workers. With the sweeps in AZ, a few McJobs opened up and he got one that works around his school schedule. I can see many of the seniors (me included) that may be looking at one of those jobs due to this credit crisis. Most of our work went up in smoke and it will be a few years before we start building again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or