Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:51 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,738,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJORDHEIMER View Post
Yeah mexicans may work hard but they sure are stupid. Try working with one
Wow, just...wow. Being poor and not speaking "Amurrkan" is not the same as being stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 07:59 PM

38 posts, read 59,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I have been watching with interest the various court challenges to the Arizona employer sanctions law against illegal immigration. Right now the business community is suing like crazy to try to stop the law from taking effect on January 1st. They are judge shopping looking for a someone to stop this madness.

Where I think the public is really going to see the dependence on illegal workers (the undocumented) is in the restaurant industry. I suspect that over one half of fast food workers are illegal immigrants using false documents (no I do not have a link or proof), but we will see.

Will the restaurants close down or will they find high school kids and grandparents to work?
Illegals are flooding into this country without vaccinations, and carrying TB. I would much rather do without fast food any day, than eat anything prepared by a disease-carrying illegal alien. Or would you rather have some TB on your meal? If the restaurants close on account of losing the labor of wage-killing, disease-carrying illegal aliens, so be it! The sooner the better. They don't deserve to be in business.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:09 AM

902 posts, read 713,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tioga7 View Post
Illegals are flooding into this country without vaccinations, and carrying TB. I would much rather do without fast food any day, than eat anything prepared by a disease-carrying illegal alien. Or would you rather have some TB on your meal? If the restaurants close on account of losing the labor of wage-killing, disease-carrying illegal aliens, so be it! The sooner the better. They don't deserve to be in business.
You are absolutely correct. Of course no one mentions the facts that many illegals, and legal ones too for that matter, like to put things in the food to make Americans sick. And I don't need for anyone to tell me it doesn't happen because I know of two different individuals that got convicted of just that in NM.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tioga7 View Post
I tend to agree as well.

Besides; I am fat enough, if it means losing a pound or 5 to avoid most fast food joints, so be it.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,464,435 times
This is from the CDC Traveler's Health Guide. Now who would you prefer to have handling America's food supply? Someone from the US or someone here illegally from south of the border? And don't forget that forged health certificates can easily be purchased, so even if a certificate is presented to the employer that is no guarantee the worker is healthy.

Quote:
Prevalence of antibody to hepatitis A virus, by country, 2006.

Description
Hepatitis A is a viral infection of the liver caused by hepatitis A virus (HAV). HAV infection may be asymptomatic or its clinical manifestations may range in severity from a mild illness lasting 1-2 weeks to a severely disabling disease lasting several months. Clinical manifestations of hepatitis A often include fever, malaise, anorexia, nausea, and abdominal discomfort, followed within a few days by jaundice (1).

Occurrence
HAV is shed in the feces of persons with HAV infection. Transmission can occur through direct person-to-person contact; through exposure to contaminated water, ice, or shellfish harvested from sewage-contaminated water; or from fruits, vegetables, or other foods that are eaten uncooked and that were contaminated during harvesting or subsequent handling.

HAV infection is common (high or intermediate endemicity) throughout the developing world, where infections most frequently are acquired during early childhood and usually are asymptomatic or mild. In developed countries, HAV infection is less common (low endemicity), but communitywide outbreaks still occur in some areas of the United States. Map 4-3 indicates the seroprevalence of antibody to HAV (total anti-HAV) as measured in selected cross-sectional studies among each country’s residents. The seroprevalence of anti-HAV provides an estimate of the endemicity of HAV infections, including asymptomatic infections, within a population (2).
http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/yellowBookCh4-HepA.aspx#362

Old 12-29-2007, 11:24 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,731,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I have been watching with interest the various court challenges to the Arizona employer sanctions law against illegal immigration. Right now the business community is suing like crazy to try to stop the law from taking effect on January 1st. They are judge shopping looking for a someone to stop this madness.

Where I think the public is really going to see the dependence on illegal workers (the undocumented) is in the restaurant industry. I suspect that over one half of fast food workers are illegal immigrants using false documents (no I do not have a link or proof), but we will see.

Will the restaurants close down or will they find high school kids and grandparents to work?
I live in a college town with many fast food joints and nary an illegal to be found working in any of them.

Hmmm....guess they'll just have to start folks at $7.25 an hour as they do here in order to find help, eh?

BTW, I stopped eating at fast food joints while I lived in CA due to the prevalence of TB and Hepatitis among illegal aliens. However, since I've been here, I've enjoyed a couple of bean and cheese burritos from Taco John's and cheese curds from Custers without fearing for my life. Who cooked these delicacies? Fresh faced American college and high school kids, with a couple of retirees working the cash registers.

Amazing...Americans doing the jobs we don't NEED illegals to do.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:31 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,949,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I live in a college town with many fast food joints and nary an illegal to be found working in any of them.

Hmmm....guess they'll just have to start folks at $7.25 an hour as they do here in order to find help, eh?

BTW, I stopped eating at fast food joints while I lived in CA due to the prevalence of TB and Hepatitis among illegal aliens. However, since I've been here, I've enjoyed a couple of bean and cheese burritos from Taco John's and cheese curds from Custers without fearing for my life. Who cooked these delicacies? Fresh faced American college and high school kids, with a couple of retirees working the cash registers.

Amazing...Americans doing the jobs we don't NEED illegals to do.
in n out hamburgers doesn't employ illegals, just teenagers mostly. their prices are very reasonable. the greedy businesses that use illegals just don't want to pay a reasonalbe wage for their employees.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:54 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,607,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Many resturants have already fired illegals and many of the illegals have quit and left. Guess what? The jobs were filled quickly - by legal residents.

It will not be the kind of problem you suggest.

BUT, let's assume it is - so what? If the owners of the fast food joints relied on illegals, then, IMO, they deserve to close

Oh btw - there is no "Judge shopping" as you try to suggest. The hearings, by all the plaintiffs, are being heard by ONE JUDGE - the SAME judge. You have been misinformed
If the fast food joints close, it means we really didn't need one on every corner.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,025,494 times
Quote:
I would hate to have to tell my newly hired supervisor that she was STUPID....or the other two mexicans that work for me and do exactly the same job as the anglos do.....sorry fjord....you're nuttin more then a racist....pure and simple.....

Old 12-29-2007, 01:39 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,731,483 times
Quote:
I can't even begin to fathom how a person's brain could work in a manner which would allow him or her to actually vocalize a remark that inane, idiotic, and racist.

Stupid is as stupid does there fjord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration