U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2014, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,914,204 times
Reputation: 27520

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
true but with so many coming here at the same time and so many not vaccinated it is very different, anyone would agree with that.
They are getting their shots.
They are also getting physicals.
They are also getting dental care.

The best healthcare that tax dollars can buy.

50,000 already here and disbursed throughout the US.
400 a day being captured.

Yes they are all getting their medical and dental work done.
This way when they register for school in a few months there won't be any doubt as to their paperwork.

 
Old 06-19-2014, 05:56 PM
 
11,508 posts, read 5,518,325 times
Reputation: 9878
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
TB cases are DECREASING in the U.S.
So much for the ignorant idea that illegals are bringing the disease here.

A resurgent TB peaked in 1992 and since then has been going down year by year.

CDC | TB | Fact Sheets | Trends in Tuberculosis United States

Ken
Really? And who is to say that the illegals who sneak in here on a daily basis are NOT infected? Even you can't say that with any certainty.

And who is to say that there are those who are infected and have not sought care?
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:16 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,949 posts, read 21,942,804 times
Reputation: 6538
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Really? And who is to say that the illegals who sneak in here on a daily basis are NOT infected? Even you can't say that with any certainty.

And who is to say that there are those who are infected and have not sought care?
Of course I can't say that some illegals are not infected - no doubt SOME are, but we KNOW from past experience WHERE the new most dangerous outbreaks in diseases have come in the past - and NOT ONE was from illegal immigrants - NOT ONE. Not AIDS, Not SARS, Not Bird Flu. ALL of those came via air travel - every single one. And that is unlikely to change.

Your argument is that we should get upset and worried about something that MIGHT happen, when have REAL CONCERNS about things that HAVE HAPPENED. Not theoretical, not might be happening, not could happen, but HAVE HAPPENED. The CDC deals with disease outbreaks ALL THE TIME. It's WHAT THEY DO, and they KNOW where the RISK IS, because they've SEEN where outbreaks come from.

The fact is, the argument that illegal immigrants are major source of disease risk is completely unproven, with NO EVIDENCE of that WHATSOEVER. Could they be, I suppose so, but we KNOW air travelers are. So on the one hand we have a "could be" and on the other hand we have "proven to be". Which one is the larger risk?


Ken
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:21 PM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Reputation: 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Of course I can't say that some illegals are not infected - no doubt SOME are, but we KNOW from past experience WHERE the new most dangerous outbreaks in diseases have come in the past - and NOT ONE was from illegal immigrants - NOT ONE. Not AIDS, Not SARS, Not Bird Flu. ALL of those came via air travel - every single one. And that is unlikely to change.

Your argument is that we should get upset and worried about something that MIGHT happen, when have REAL CONCERNS about things that HAVE HAPPENED. Not theoretical, not might be happening, not could happen, but HAVE HAPPENED. The CDC deals with disease outbreaks ALL THE TIME. It's WHAT THEY DO, and they KNOW where the RISK IS, because they've SEEN where outbreaks come from.

The fact is, the argument that illegal immigrants are major source of disease risk is completely unproven, with NO EVIDENCE of that WHATSOEVER. Could they be, I suppose so, but we KNOW air travelers are. So on the one hand we have a "could be" and on the other hand we have "proven to be". Which one is the larger risk?


Ken
Then why isn't something done about it since we know who these people are by coming here legally? That's what makes it less believable.
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,123,096 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then why isn't something done about it since we know who these people are by coming here legally? That's what makes it less believable.
Do you honestly think we have the logistics and manpower to physically screen ALL 69 million visitors to the US??? That number probably doesn't even include returning US citizens, either. I was right about people like you, you'd support a police state if it meant keeping the Mexicans out
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:28 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,949 posts, read 21,942,804 times
Reputation: 6538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then why isn't something done about it since we know who these people are by coming here legally? That's what makes it less believable.
I don't know why we don't require it of legal visitors, but some of the scariest diseases don't HAVE any innoculations available anyway.
To be honest about it, I'm not sure if ANY country requires inocuations to enter their territory.

Ken
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:30 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,949 posts, read 21,942,804 times
Reputation: 6538
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Do you honestly think we have the logistics and manpower to physically screen ALL 69 million visitors to the US??? That number probably doesn't even include returning US citizens, either. I was right about people like you, you'd support a police state if it meant keeping the Mexicans out
We could require shot records like we require a passport. We do that for kids entering school - and there are MILLIONS of them.

Ken
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:40 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,123,096 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
We could require shot records like we require a passport. We do that for kids entering school - and there are MILLIONS of them.

Ken
There are still diseases, like Ebola, that you can't be vaccinated for. I don't think there is anything to fear, really, about Level I or II diseases, which are the vast majority of disease that slip across our borders. It's the Level III (there are already Level III diseases present here for a long time, like rabies) and IV that we watch out for. I would rather devote our resources to make sure Level IV diseases never cross here, like Ebola, than worry about Chagas or whatever else that's typically associated with Latin America.

But, with us being the most visited country in the world, you will not see the world's citizens all having to apply for a B2 visa to come here, with the precondition that all must have a blood test done. That will kill our tourist sector, which states like New York and Florida heavily rely on in their economies
 
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,949 posts, read 21,942,804 times
Reputation: 6538
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There are still diseases, like Ebola, that you can't be vaccinated for. I don't think there is anything to fear, really, about Level I or II diseases, which are the vast majority of disease that slip across our borders. It's the Level III (there are already Level III diseases present here for a long time, like rabies) and IV that we watch out for. I would rather devote our resources to make sure Level IV diseases never cross here, like Ebola, than worry about Chagas or whatever else that's typically associated with Latin America.

But, with us being the most visited country in the world, you will not see the world's citizens all having to apply for a B1 visa to come here, with the precondition that all must have a blood test done. That will kill our tourist sector, which states like New York and Florida heavily rely on in their economies
Valid points (I already touched on the "no vacine" aspect of those scariest diseases).

Ken
 
Old 06-19-2014, 07:18 PM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Reputation: 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Do you honestly think we have the logistics and manpower to physically screen ALL 69 million visitors to the US??? That number probably doesn't even include returning US citizens, either. I was right about people like you, you'd support a police state if it meant keeping the Mexicans out
They should be screened in their own countries. Getting a passport should include it. What manpower? You look at their passports and it's a done deal.

Oh here we go with the race card. The only Mexicans I want to keep out are those coming here illegally. I suggest you stop this silly nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top