U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:19 PM

6,502 posts, read 4,863,427 times

Advertisements

Obama tells Mexico: Illegal-immigrant children won't get to stay - Washington Times

Quote:
President Obama told his Mexican counterpart in a phone call Thursday that immigrants crossing into the U.S. illegally won’t qualify for legalized status or deferred deportation, including children.
The White House said Mr. Obama and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto discussed “a regional strategy” to address the surge of unaccompanied children coming from Central America, through Mexico, to the U.S.
With thousands of children trying to enter the U.S. illegally in recent months, Vice President Joseph R. Biden will visit Guatemala on Friday.
Mr. Biden will warn officials and parents that illegal immigration is dangerous and that youth won’t be allowed to stay in the U.S.
The administration says the new influx of child immigrants is due to rampant poverty and violence in countries such as Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala.
[LEFT]

Not sure I buy that. I'll believe it when I see it happen. And we should've been announcing to other countries long ago, like Biden will do now, that if you enter here illegally and we catch you, you are not going to stay. This also brings up the fact that our government has continued to fail in its obligation to secure our borders. Put troops down their now while a fence and other measures are put in place.
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 08:29 PM

44,332 posts, read 35,387,011 times
As if our nation's border patrol force doesn't have enough to deal with already.....

Old 06-19-2014, 08:43 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Obama tells Mexico: Illegal-immigrant children won't get to stay - Washington Times

Not sure I buy that. I'll believe it when I see it happen. And we should've been announcing to other countries long ago, like Biden will do now, that if you enter here illegally and we catch you, you are not going to stay. This also brings up the fact that our government has continued to fail in its obligation to secure our borders. Put troops down their now while a fence and other measures are put in place.
[/color][/LEFT]
'

Note how Biden said illegal immigration is dangerous but mentions nothing about it being against the law. Even if it were true that these "children" are fleeing violence and poverty in their countries I ask again where are their parents?

Old 06-19-2014, 08:44 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
I'm guessing the POTUS is starting to feel the heat over this "minor age" illegal alien invasion and he's trying to back down.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:59 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Well what is Mexico going to do about all the other countries they are coming from ?

And if their parents have been here for years all they have to say is they homeschooled.
Bah..like the WH is going to track down the parents of 50,000 minors who are now scattered to all points in the US or released.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 PM

6,502 posts, read 4,863,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well what is Mexico going to do about all the other countries they are coming from ?

And if their parents have been here for years all they have to say is they homeschooled.
Bah..like the WH is going to track down the parents of 50,000 minors who are now scattered to all points in the US or released.
You know, just imagine if the government would've done as they said they would years ago and secure the border. We would not even be talking about this now. There probably wouldn't even be a push for "reform". Secure the border and you solve most of the problem. But hey, Lord forbid the government use common sense.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 PM

44,332 posts, read 35,387,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You know, just imagine if the government would've done as they said they would years ago and secure the border. We would not even be talking about this now. There probably wouldn't even be a push for "reform". Secure the border and you solve most of the problem. But hey, Lord forbid the government use common sense.
And securing the border is supposed to be the president's job, as required by our Constitution. The incumbent, unfortunately, doesn't want to.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
'

Note how Biden said illegal immigration is dangerous but mentions nothing about it being against the law. Even if it were true that these "children" are fleeing violence and poverty in their countries I ask again where are their parents?
Often the parents have been in the USA for years -- they thought nothing of abandoning those kids even as infants, but now with DACA, they figure those long lost kids could come in pretty handy. And some of the parents live in Central America but word is out about DACA, they figure all they have to do is get their kids smuggled into the USA and then they the parents will be able to join them in "family reunification".

Old 06-19-2014, 10:09 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Now that the summer heat is becoming an issue, I think Obama is just worried how it's going to look if some of his beloved illegals don't make it to the loving arms of the border agents and are found dead -- especially the unaccompanied little children being sent over. Obama essentially invited this -- he goes on radio stations geared to illegals and tells them how he wants all immigration laws ended, he wants the horrible border patrol to quit stopping them and of course he has legalized all those under age 31 who were smuggled in. And then he promises family reunification on top of all that.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:32 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Obama has a long history of saying 1 thing and doing the opposite. He is all talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or