U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:25 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,161,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
PL - I'm about to agree with the others - if you cannot respond in a polite and civil manner, I'm going to put you on ignore also
This is a heated debate. Please watch this if you don't know what a debate looks like.

http://www.break.com/index/bill_oreilly_vs_geraldo.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 04:27 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,380,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
This is a heated debate. Please watch this if you don't know what a debate looks like.
Thanks PL but, I know, far better than you, what a debate looks like

And, those who debate on emotion, rather than logic, as you are, will always lose.

When you get older, you might learn that.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:06 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,065,260 times
Civil rights are defined by the US Constitution. Nowhere does the Constitution provide for unchecked immigration. Case closed.

It's worth noting that the Constitution does define rights for all within the US jurisdiction, legal or not, and there is no evidence of wholesale rights violations against illegal aliens.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:14 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,065,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Why isn't your energy directed towards those elites?
I don't know about you, but I am capable of directing energy to various places.

Why do you assume the issue is one of "either/or?"

Old 12-19-2007, 04:09 PM

902 posts, read 506,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I don't know about you, but I am capable of directing energy to various places.

Why do you assume the issue is one of "either/or?"
Because he is young and knows nothing about the real world out there yet. We all learned over the years and he will also.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:32 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,794,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Because he is young and knows nothing about the real world out there yet. We all learned over the years and he will also.
Didn't the moderater warn us to stop refering to other posters age and such?

"Folks, in this thread I've seen several references to the physical age of some posters. Per the Terms of Service, this is against forum rules. Debate the topic all day and night, but please refrain from calling people children and such or I will have to close the thread.
Thank you!"

What does being young have to do with the amount of knowledge he or she has in the real world?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,213,801 times
Illegals are also trying to take advantage of "Affimitive Action". They think it pertains to them too.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Didn't the moderater warn us to stop refering to other posters age and such?

"Folks, in this thread I've seen several references to the physical age of some posters. Per the Terms of Service, this is against forum rules. Debate the topic all day and night, but please refrain from calling people children and such or I will have to close the thread.
Thank you!"

What does being young have to do with the amount of knowledge he or she has in the real world?
Suffice to say that I was young at one time and I learned about life real quick.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Illegals are also trying to take advantage of "Affimitive Action". They think it pertains to them too.
The only Affirmative Action that illegal immigrants deserve is a one way trip out of the USA

Old 12-20-2007, 10:09 AM

17,283 posts, read 24,978,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

http://www.break.com/index/bill_oreilly_vs_geraldo.html

GERALDO held up as a model for "what a debate looks like?!"

And to think, we were always enamoured with Lincoln-Douglas back in High School! Times have changed in only a few short years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or