Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:43 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

The Mexicans have a valid point. We enticed them to come over here and do our dirty work and they came and took jobs that NO American wants and then we treat them like sewer rats. I would be mad too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 06:52 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Mexicans have a valid point. We enticed them to come over here and do our dirty work and they came and took jobs that NO American wants and then we treat them like sewer rats. I would be mad too.
The illegal immigrants are not that naive....they knew what they were getting into for the most part.

Now; as for the enablers AKA big business and our government, I would tend to agree---------they are traitors IMHO.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:48 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Oh geez, not that "jobs that no American will do" claptrap again!

There are no jobs that Americans will not do. There are only jobs Americans will not do for slave wages.

Who do you think did these jobs before the massive influx of illegal immigrants?

Americans--that's who.

And they want their jobs back.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
If that is the case, then they should have no problem returning to the glorious Motherland that is Mexico where (presumably) they will no longer be treated like sewer rats. Why stay here and continue to tolerate this egregious abuse?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
That is such horse crap it is scary.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 AM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Not true at all. Do you get your information straight from the Democratic party or something?

The ELITES want them here and they are taking jobs that Americans won't work for the pidley pay they are willing to slave for. Also, when it comes down to it, the illegal brings his/her problems onto themselves because of their lack of morals that cause the lack of respect for the laws of this land.

I am more mad at illegal criminal loving American citizens than I am at the illegal though.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
The ELITES want them here
Why isn't your energy directed towards those elites?

The average citizen, no matter if you place him in one category or another, isn't going to change what drives the exploitation of cheap labor.

It's those in power who foster the conditions which create the large influx of cheap labor.

But, as far as I can tell, most of the people who rant the loudest, when it comes time to vote for their representatives in government, ....they re-elect the same folks who are driving the issue in the first place.

Seems a bit strange that so-called 'conservatives' vote to perpetuate the same thing that seems to make them so angry.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:07 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If that is the case, then they should have no problem returning to the glorious Motherland that is Mexico where (presumably) they will no longer be treated like sewer rats. Why stay here and continue to tolerate this egregious abuse?
I love it but of course we all know that Mexico itself treats them worse than they are treated in this country. That would be that country that we keep getting told is so wonderful and how they are not racist and/or bigoted. LOLOLOLOL

Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Illegals demanding amnesty under the banner of Civil Rights has been one of the most outrageous aspects of their movement. First, Civil Rights refer to rights accorded to citizens of a country. The only types of rights that would cover an illegal population would be human rights.

But, the real audacity lies in the fact that these people come from openly racist cultures that despise African Americans. in fact, I've observed more racist "anti-black" sentiment from this group than from any other. If it had been up to them, I doubt African Americans would have gotten any equal rights. The descendants of Africans certainly aren't treated well in countries south of of our borders.

But, I guess they'll try to use whatever they can to get whatever they want.
Also -- it's absurd to even compare a group of foreign citizens with a group of American citizens.

Black Americans are American citizens. They aren't pouring over some border and then demanding this and that right. The Black Civils Rights leaders -- whether you agree with them or not are working to improve something about their own country, not running to another country and then demand it's citizens cater to their every need.

The problem with Mexicans is that they won't do a Civil Rights movement in their own country. Maybe they need a Mexican Martin Luther King or someone to rise the level of social consciousness in Mexico. Break down some of the class barriers that prevent people from succeeding -- in their own country.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

They should get so mad that they pack up and go home. A significant number of Mexicans are not working at all -- not even those lowly jobs -- check out the welfare offices some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration