U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 05:03 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,581,673 times

Advertisements

The problem is the immigrants are turning themselves over to border officials, who then have to detain, house and feed them. The only solution is to prevent them from being able to turn themselves in, but I doubt any more manpower at the border will achieve that. It's time for that fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 05:27 AM

25,456 posts, read 23,285,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I hope this is real.

It's such a mistake to have the Central American nations dump their entire social problems into the USA. This is where the Mara salvatrucha gangs come from, by far more dangerous violent gangs than ever seen in the USA before.
I am in total agreement, I'm wondering that same thing as well. Is this for real? What effects will it have on the people who are now enforcing the laws.....

yanno, all of our politicians are criminals to have left this go for so many many years....they should all be fired for ignoring our laws...but votes were more important, and how insane is it that illegals can't speak english, but can vote???????

Plus they march and give us the finger? Let me tell you, they are also in line destroying our systems. Stealing our hard working dollars....not all of them, but, regardless, become a legal citizen and a working member of the community. Pay your share and stop draining our systems.....they are coming into America in droves now....

Old 06-21-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
The title is very misleading. Armed Troops? Sounds like Texas is militarizing the border. The troops are Dept of Public Safety, ie Highway Patrol officers. The story makes it sound like soldiers or Guard when it is in reality trained law enforcement officers, much like the existing federal border patrol officers.

The Feds are claiming they do not have adequate border patrol officers to handle the full scope of the border, so it would seem that they should be grateful for the "free" assistance.
Someone has got to do something....
Listen, honestly I don't think most Americans realize the problem, or they become offended b/c when you are attacking their party, they take it personal and think your attacking them...it's astounding how many people believe they are defined by their political party?. I

went to Arizona oh, 13 years ago, and a friend of mine, took me around to all her supplliers...they were all Mexican, illegals, I was shocked, that that was a long long time ago. Where I live, the factory empl9ys them all, and they know where they will receive money under the table and they are treated like slaves, however, I guess they think it is better then where they came from.

Our systems need a thorough cleaning up and a lot of organization, and so does our politics.....everyone is entitled and corrupt, it is a shame....to the lengths that this has come to.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-21-2014 at 06:15 AM..

Old 06-21-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The problem is the immigrants are turning themselves over to border officials, who then have to detain, house and feed them. The only solution is to prevent them from being able to turn themselves in, but I doubt any more manpower at the border will achieve that. It's time for that fence.
Your right and everyone stands around with their thumbs up their butts, not knowing what to do or how to fix these problems. Go to the root of the problem and deport everyone who is illegal, but first, build a wall, then renovate the system...Washington has made so many cut backs that all of Amercian is dying, due to no one to do the jobs, as well as knowing what to do.

People are hired without adequate knowledge of what their job entails.....without the job qualifications...look what happened with Katrina, everyone stood around for 3 days after the hurricane, while those people in that stadium were raping and killing each other and no one knew what to do, and yet, people they have the nerve to say we're safer then before 911????? With open boarders like this? It isn't just about the Mexicans, people have no idea how many terrorists are here, how many gangs and drugs are here due to open boarders. No one thinks about these things? Why? And yet we continually vote people in who lie to us, for the power....and ignore our laws.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This isn't a liberal vs conservative problem ....... even conservative businessmen want cheap labor. And many liberals don't like the way immigrants have undercut labor unions, reducing some hard-fought gains.
That is EXACTLY Correct...and when do you think people are going to stop acting like kindergarden kids and pointing fingers and start growing up, getting informed and stop fighting with each other, Both sides are corrupt and have literally drained Amerca, they have made us weak, poor and hungry for change, and that is how Obama got in....plus to a whole lot of people it didn't matter who he was, but voted for him simply b/c of his skin color. I heard people talking about that, just as I've heard women make a comment, they want a woman in the white house, they don't care about her track record, they just want a woman in there and they will fight beg borrow and steal deluding themselves into believing she is the answer? Seriously?

Old 06-21-2014, 05:39 AM

Hey guys, I want to thank you for coming into this thread with some very valid and intellectual issues to add....I am really getting sick of the posters who come into threads with nothing valuable to add, except insults b/c they don't know or refuse to know and are not armed with any kind of constructive knowledge. and believe me, I don't know everything either but have always viewed these forums as a learning tool. Thank you

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-21-2014 at 06:16 AM..

Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This isn't a liberal vs conservative problem ....... even conservative businessmen want cheap labor. And many liberals don't like the way immigrants have undercut labor unions, reducing some hard-fought gains.
Agreed and those business people need to be nailed to the wall as well as the illegal aliens they hire. Too; many "liberals" do see "eye to eye" with the Tea Party when it's about illegals.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and those business people need to be nailed to the wall as well as the illegal aliens they hire. Too; many "liberals" do see "eye to eye" with the Tea Party when it's about illegals.
Government taked about coming down hard on the business that hire them but nothing was ever done, and won't be done, it's an election year and they all want those votes don't they?

This isn't about whose nmore wrong then the other, this is about a community problem that is draining our systems, ruining our communities....wasting our tax dollars, while washington, knows full well it's draining our systems, however, utility companies, food prices, gas prices continue to go up, if anyone doesn't see the strain on our systems and how it is sucking us dry, I feel really sorry for uninfomed people.

Way to many people sit by and vote simply b/c they call themselves democrates or republicans and that is far as it goes....

A director at work said the other day, I bet more then half the people in the U.S. do not even realize what is going on, yet they vote? It is so sad.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:18 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
I agree this is not a liberal vs conservative problem. The last poll I saw stated that over 2/3's of Americans were outraged. Many democrats in that mix and perhaps they see their jobs being threatened. I get so sick of "they are doing the work Americans won't do" bs. I am sure there are millions (94mil) of people who have been forced out of the workforce that would gladly pick up one of those shovels right now. How about our returning vets? Where will they work?

Old 06-21-2014, 09:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree this is not a liberal vs conservative problem. The last poll I saw stated that over 2/3's of Americans were outraged. Many democrats in that mix and perhaps they see their jobs being threatened. I get so sick of "they are doing the work Americans won't do" bs. I am sure there are millions (94mil) of people who have been forced out of the workforce that would gladly pick up one of those shovels right now. How about our returning vets? Where will they work?
And --- the illegals are being given completely free health care, there is no expectation that these illegals will be purchasing ACA insurance while uninsured Americans are required to pay for some kind of insurance plan.

Food stamps for Americans were recently cut back slightly but the illegals are being given a total free ride. What's the point in cutting back on food stamps when the government intends to bring in millions more welfare recipients and give them food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, housing vouchers and much much more?

Most of these illegals have very little education -- they simply cannot make it here where our costs of living are so high without all kinds of government handouts. Even if they wanted to work, most aren't even up to minimum wage jobs and those women coming with armloads of babies couldn't begin to afford the high day care costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration